S-Yard t.388 vs Epon Zero (which to choose)

604_skyline

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion this has been one of the more reasonably priced drivers especially when compared to the company it is keeping...

Does this mean your S-Yard, will be on the BST forum together with the umpteen other ones there?

Lets see how long i keep it. It's in my top 3 for sure. I just like different things on different days I guess

Lets see how long i keep it. It's in my top 3 for sure. I just like different things on different days I guess

I'm like that with women!!

Look good to me ;)

Look good to me ;)

Let me guess, you're a Sir Mix-a-Lot fan….

"fat bottom girls, you make the rocking world go round........."

Look good to me ;)

Yeh a few there that might need busting!

Funnily enough, the women in that picture go up to, yes you've guessed it.........11!

Funnily enough, the women in that picture go up to, yes you've guessed it.........11!

You sure they can't go down on up to 11?

Guess you have no frame of reference to answer that…. :tsg_smiley_pinocchio:

Nothing wrong with thick and firm!

S yard V Zero. Zero is awesome, I haven't tried the S yard yet. That said, I haven't seen many zero's on bst, while S yards were on bst on what seemed to be their release date. So I wouldn't necessarily agree with what has been said.

+1 with what ukok wrote. Send out a demo, we'll pass it on in the EU and judge for ourselves. Because to be honest, the fact that so many have sold theirs so quickly put me off a bit.

Not a SINGLE 2013 Yam on bst, and mine isn't going anywhere.

Nothing wrong with thick and firm!

S yard V Zero. Zero is awesome, I haven't tried the S yard yet. That said, I haven't seen many zero's on bst, while S yards were on bst on what seemed to be their release date. So I wouldn't necessarily agree with what has been said.

+1 with what ukok wrote. Send out a demo, we'll pass it on in the EU and judge for ourselves. Because to be honest, the fact that so many have sold theirs so quickly put me off a bit.

Not a SINGLE 2013 Yam on bst, and mine isn't going anywhere.

Sadly I have each of the ones in your list and none are going anywhere...

Sadly I have each of the ones in your list and none are going anywhere...

You certainly do mix it up a lot, sir.

Edited by jaygolf

I would say the Zero was certainly not made for the mainstream player.

I don't think anyone who doesn't most always hit the sweet spot (unforgiving), have a very high

swing speed, should even be considering this head.

Like a lot of the drivers and shafts out there. If one can't break 100 or swing faster than 95 (nothing wrong with one or the other), as nice as it can feel to have the last in piece, it's pointless.

Edited by jaygolf

The S Yard has the highest resale to acquisition rate of a highly acclaimed product that I've ever seen on here.

The S Yard has the highest resale to acquisition rate of a highly acclaimed product that I've ever seen on here.

Because they're one week old :) and loads of us really want to try it, if only out of curiosity and see for ourselves if it's worth the hype.

And there's a lot of Hype!!

There were only 10 S Yards sold new, but 75 people have owned them lol

The OP is a beast, He plays a J340! he could handle the Zero, like stew, and maybe yourself as it really caters to a select few, while the 388 would not only be playable by you guys but also the almost average player.

I can't say if it's worth the hype Jay because right now for me so many other drivers rival the 388. Yamaha vs Zero in Forgiveness goes to the Yammy while feel goes to Zero but both are nowhere near as forgiving as the 388. Also I would say the 388 actually feels better than the Yamaha and has a bit less spin.

If you look closely half of the 388's in the B/S/T were customers who bought another T388 at a different loft which is usually a good sign.

Looking at our Zero sales, very few have kept it to our knowledge.

Looking at our Zero testing on the trackman it ranked last against the Jbeam 425 & Ryoma V-Spec that's not my swing that's Tatsuro and 2 other true scratch players.

It's really weird what gains traction sometimes on the boards. I like the 388 as much as any but of Mr. Kobayashi's designs the older SYD GT driver 2011/2012 I like better and that would have been Epon's next generation driver, The GT-S forged irons of the same year is the Epon AF302 with a lower trajectory and updated sole grind, those had a good chance at becoming the new 303 before he left.

That said I do have what appears to be my unbeatable combo (for now) The George Spirits 450 w/Crazy CB-46 Mofo in the bag that I'm completely destroying, I'm in a DAT55 phase right now and trying to find a shaft/loft combo that gives me 388 type roll with GS450 carry and forgiveness.

What's the DAT55 Advantagr Chris

What's the DAT55 Advantagr Chris

Feel and ball speed but I'm lusting over it because few makers use it due to the price. It's a Japanese process that isn't being used widely enough which is making it harder to get and much more expensive.

The OP is a beast, He plays a J340! he could handle the Zero, like stew, and maybe yourself as it really caters to a select few, while the 388 would not only be playable by you guys but also the almost average player.

I can't say if it's worth the hype Jay because right now for me so many other drivers rival the 388. Yamaha vs Zero in Forgiveness goes to the Yammy while feel goes to Zero but both are nowhere near as forgiving as the 388. Also I would say the 388 actually feels better than the Yamaha and has a bit less spin.

If you look closely half of the 388's in the B/S/T were customers who bought another T388 at a different loft which is usually a good sign.

Looking at our Zero sales, very few have kept it to our knowledge.

Looking at our Zero testing on the trackman it ranked last against the Jbeam 425 & Ryoma V-Spec that's not my swing that's Tatsuro and 2 other true scratch players.

It's really weird what gains traction sometimes on the boards. I like the 388 as much as any but of Mr. Kobayashi's designs the older SYD GT driver 2011/2012 I like better and that would have been Epon's next generation driver, The GT-S forged irons of the same year is the Epon AF302 with a lower trajectory and updated sole grind, those had a good chance at becoming the new 303 before he left.

That said I do have what appears to be my unbeatable combo (for now) The George Spirits 450 w/Crazy CB-46 Mofo in the bag that I'm completely destroying, I'm in a DAT55 phase right now and trying to find a shaft/loft combo that gives me 388 type roll with GS450 carry and forgiveness.

Chris,

thanks for the added info, I am not looking for distance in a driver, I want something that suits my eye, and will go and perform when and where I want and need it to.

as someone who has always played a shorter than average driver 44.5 to 44.75 inches with a heavier shaft high 70 so mid 80, with a hard power fade(think medium trajectory with a movement of 5 yards or so to the right), i want something anti-left that.

funny you mentioned the george spritis, there is just something about all his stuff that appeals very much to my eyes.

who makes his driver heads?

Chris,

thanks for the added info, I am not looking for distance in a driver, I want something that suits my eye, and will go and perform when and where I want and need it to.

as someone who has always played a shorter than average driver 44.5 to 44.75 inches with a heavier shaft high 70 so mid 80, with a hard power fade(think medium trajectory with a movement of 5 yards or so to the right), i want something anti-left that.

funny you mentioned the george spritis, there is just something about all his stuff that appeals very much to my eyes.

who makes his driver heads?

Yes I know who you are Mr. A? Long time :) Yup I know what sorta stuff you like, stuff many of us mortals don't dare. I do think Zero would be right up your ally. I also think the S-Yard would be as well & Jbeam 425 Tour...lol

I'd say the Jbeam for compact head mute feel and low spin + traj. Tatsuro is stuck on this head and he has hit almost everything, more models than anyone I know. The Zero is purely for feel & setup but then you should also look at the TS909 or the Yamaha Tour and 388 for the same.