Sold the Personals, now what to get... Advice please. Also - CoolClubs in Scottsdale experience - Fantastic.

Mjr. D

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at one of these major golf store and saw two guys hitting a 5 iron 275 yards on a trackman or something similar. I told the two guys that even the pros don't hit it that far. They told me that they purposely changed the elevation on the machines to make it look like people can hit farther than what they actually can.

Yes, but a serious and respected place like cool clubs would NEVER do that.. If you would have been a member of this forum long enough you would know mjr has some serious swingspeed.

What you need is another set of 302's... but custom lofted (and of course copper chrome).

I was thinking if i get my swing sorted where i want it/think it may get i may like a set one club weak... ie the 46 degree lofted club would be the 9 iron, not the pitching wedge. Just order the set stamped one club weak....

In your case, you'd need the 46 degree club stamped '8' to give you semi-sane yardages. eeer, or 7?

ok thinking i nthe yamah range fr yr SS

the 2011 ........2011..... yamaha tours wud be the only one id consider.

the 2008-09 and 12 wil lgo too high

the 2010 wud suit , but the 2011 wud be best suited im imagine.

wudnt go the 2013 ithink ul hit moon bALLS.

Would love to see a video of that kind of power. Do you have a video of your swing you can post?

"More explosive than Bubba"? Didn't think that was possible!

Edited by swisstrader

I can easily believe these numbers. I've seen some pro athletes at my club, some of whom are not really very good golfers, that have massive power. Hockey and baseball players especially. Strength helps some if used properly, but the rotational speed that hockey and baseball players have translates perfectly to golf. Even pitchers have huge rotational speed and strength. They call it arm strength in baseball, but if that were the case, Hulk Hogan would throw 200mph, and Ron Guidry would have thrown puffballs. It's rotation that hums a fastball. OP, weren't/aren't you a pitcher?

Many factors have to be considered. It's not just about swing speed. To get an average of 265 with a 6 iron, technique needs to be impeccable. From the shoulder turn, the energy storage on a rock hard right side...a perfect powerful transition at the top, a ridiculously delayed release and one of those follow throughs we can only dream of. And of course be bang on the sweet spot. Pros can do that at a slower speed, but they're pros, so combining all that in milliseconds from the top is incredible. Check out long drive champions, 90% of their shots are hooks and slices, their shafts are 47 inches, xxxxs, with reinforced faces.

So if your 265 is an average distance, using clubs that aren't yours, shafts that aren't ideal...man, work on that short game, slow that swing down a bit and you're on your way to becoming pro. Because you must have one hell of a technique to go with that speed.

...man, work on that short game, slow that swing down a bit and you're on your way to becoming pro. Because you must have one hell of a technique to go with that speed.

AND, I'd be happy to carry your bag!!! I think I'd make a good caddy.

Thanks guys. Muzinos and tourstage are my first choices so far.

I've hit my 6 iron 240 in real life conditions many times.

In fact, my driver distances on the trackman were 330-340 and actually short compared to real world findings at 350-360.

I'm a big guy and very explosive. The average tour players swings his 6 iron 91 mph. I'm at 107. That's a big difference.

Doesn't make me a good golfer. But in terms of clubbed speed and distance I can get it out there.

May not make you a good golfer, but according to your stats, you should be teeing it up with Jamie Sadlowski, World's Long Distance champ. Sadlowski hits his 6 iron the same distance as you, so by all measures, you should be hitting your drives well over 400.

Haha, thanks guys. I've hit my driver 400 yards but very very rarely. I went to one event in the long drive thing and didn't hit the grid.

However, strangely enough, at CoolClubs i was hitting my most accurate shots of my life with my 6iron. It was honestly crazy. I can hit the ball straight but I was just really zoned in focusing on the back of the ball and it was paying off with extremely tight dispersion at the high swing speed. Pretty nice feeling.

As far as my swing goes, it's not good at all. Across the line at the top, steep, feet move a little too much, etc.

And yes, I'm a former pitcher, that's correct but I'm more of an athlete in the sense of explosiveness than a baseball player, if you know what I mean.

Here's a picture of my dunking a basketball when I was 18, for example.

Edited by Mjr. Diarrhea

Dang, dude, I think your pic was on a set of shoes I used to have

http://donisdope.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/jumpman_logo.jpg

Poor dude in blue looks "owned", especially with holding onto his package.

p.s. I was a very good looking dude and got all the chicks when I was 18;)

Edited by swisstrader

Haha, well said!

I lost the "ups" at 30. That's also around the time when I stopped caring. Amazing how much the mind plays a role in performance.

"They were laughing pretty hard because once I got warmed up, I was hitting my 6 iron 245yards on a Trackman at 108mph."

Uhmmm...no! The average PGA pro hits a 6 iron 180-200. Tiger hit his 6 iron 190. Tiger's 2 iron goes 245. Bubba, the longest pro on the PGA Tour hits his 6 iron 218.

I've been on Trakmans before that have me hitting it 310yards with a driver and then when I went to the range to hit the exact same setup, it was more like 275 or less. It's a very old sale routine to make you buy more gear.

If you hit 245 with your 6 iron, means you should be getting about 400 yards or more with your driver....perhaps Mr D is really Mr Sadlowski??

dustin johnson hits a 250 yards 5 iron back in humana challenge i think.

If like you say your technique isn't flawless like I assumed, there's something dodgy with the numbers. Not trying to bash, just being realistic, but 265 with 6 irons...technique needs be bang on. And 400 yards with a driver should be your average length. Because let's face it, 265 is 265...220 is already insane enough as it is. And considering the club wasn't at your specs... That said, I don't doubt you're ridiculously long, but superman long, maybe not.

Nice dunk by the way! Should have asked him to stand under the rim and tea bagged the poor crotch grabbing fella!

Lol

Yes it is. Not good. Again,

If like you say your technique isn't flawless like I assumed, there's something dodgy with the numbers. Not trying to bash, just being realistic, but 265 with 6 irons...technique needs be bang on. And 400 yards with a driver should be your average length. Because let's face it, 265 is 265...220 is already insane enough as it is. And considering the club wasn't at your specs... That said, I don't doubt you're ridiculously long, but superman long, maybe not.

Nice dunk by the way! Should have asked him to stand under the rim and tea bagged the poor crotch grabbing fella!

240 with the 6iron, not 258.

No offence but I don't need your blessing. I know it's hard to understand but any of those long drive guys can hit a 6 iron 240+, no problem.

That's my swing. Keep in mind that's about 65% effort. At cool clubs I was swinging 100%.

geez guys...i'll visit wrx main forums if i want to hear all the class clowns tell someone it's impossible to hit a ball x far unless they're a pro.

Mjr. D - great numbers dude. Keep up the good work. I thought I was long but there's always someone longer............RIduffer, don't even think about it!

So go to wrx! Am I supposed to be a yes man? If one doesn't want stranger's opinions, don't post. Not commenting on bst prices, ok, I agree with that to a certain extent, but if I find something funny, I'm going to laugh. Or should I do it by pm like everybody else has been doing for the past couple of days? If hypocrisy is the norm, I'd like to be informed please.

you missed the point, i would go to wrx if i wanted to read the "you can't hit that far crowd". that's reason many of us don't spend the time on wrx that we do here. opinions are one thing but trying to imply someone isn't being honest about his personal stats that having nothing to do with you seems out of character here.

that's my opinion...am i entitled to it?

Mjr. D - great numbers dude. Keep up the good work. I thought I was long but there's always someone longer............RIduffer, don't even think about it!

Was a little surprised by the silence on that one. Thought it to be a good crack...

Not saying anything......oh damn