Tourspecgolf R700 thread! ** PICS**

TourSpecGolfer

standard?pictid={A9FAB41F-4604-44BB-8C74-2AC0E549142D}&exp=f&moddt=38046.1479510532

standard?pictid={966AA20C-3BFF-4ABE-A151-98B0C56BC5A0}&exp=f&moddt=38046.1492614815

standard?pictid={C126BB28-F2F7-4073-AD54-3D4EE01D3737}&exp=f&moddt=38046.1502720602

standard?pictid={F219A0E4-0CE8-47B0-90BF-7CB71C574A5F}&exp=f&moddt=38046.1463355324

standard?pictid={A96FFB0D-E172-458C-B07D-F801E24D3EC4}&exp=f&moddt=38046.1394245949ddt=38046.1423492708

standard?pictid={CA6D26C6-C862-487E-B1E8-66774FE6C896}&exp=f&moddt=38046.1364581366

standard?pictid={5C5DFC2F-41D5-4D4C-A200-EABB8B82D294}&exp=f&moddt=38046.1331421065

standard?pictid={A90BDBFC-F8AD-4A1D-8868-06A925B16D7C}&exp=f&moddt=38046.1291335995

standard?pictid={60E6F6F6-A15E-4BF6-86B5-4793471B2AE8}&exp=f&moddt=38046.1268708218

standard?pictid={830C6E5A-55F3-478F-AF22-8508068D14F5}&exp=f&moddt=38046.1251869444

The Taylormade Japan site has a cool feature where you can adjust the weight characteristics to see what setup would work for you. Unfortunately they used some kind of program where only computers outside of the U.S can view it.

There are 6 overall set ups you can achieve with these weights. The driver will be sold with a setup wheel to help you find your best configuration as well as a case with two 10g plugs and two 2 gram plugs soon after release there will be also a kit with 8g, 14g, and other weights included. This driver is scheduled for Japan release April 10th but the U.S release date may be as much as 6 months into the future from then. Expected U.S retail price is about 749.00 ( not sure yet ).

I was very fortunate to get a press pass Tourspecgolf is soon to become a magazine site and to my surprise TM already knows about us. I had great conversations with the CEO, VP, and Technical Chief about the latest developments. All the big wigs where mingling with the press and i was fortunate to get most of their attention because they didn't need a translator to speak with me. Mr Salomon is a class guy :D I had lots of questions about tour issue clubs that made them a bit stumped at times they told me that no tour issue clubs are shrink wrapped and that it makes no sense to buy these because they are set up for an individual player with certain swing needs. They didn't know much about the new CBs almost nothing at all except the 2 protos are being tested. The PGA tour will be getting there R7s in several weeks and the higher ups confirmed to me that they are doing away with Tee up cash to go with set contracts for the players.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats for the first R7 pics on the net. :D

It´s a cool idea to replace lead tape....

I´m not sure if it will be accepted though.... This seems to be the perfect toy for all members of golf equipment forums, but I don´t think that TM wants to go after this minority. What would be the great benefit for the "average 99-shooter"?

No TM bashing intention at all, it´s a great brand with great products. But this could be maybe a bit too much "marketing-driven" R&D.

Im not the first I know the TM Japan site had some and anserfreak had a tiny one only minutes before me but maybe I will be the first to post my review after i get all my work done. better yet I got some videos of the press release show i will post as soon as i can figure them out.

Can anyone help me with hosting large Movie files?

Im not the first I know the TM Japan site had some and anserfreak had a tiny one only minutes before me but maybe I will be the first to post my review after i get all my work done. better yet I got some videos of the press release show i will post as soon as i can figure them out.

Can anyone help me with hosting large Movie files?

I can host movies if you want

Sorry about the overwhelming amount of pics today guys but I want you to feel as if you were right there beside me at the Japan golf Fair!

I think it looks pretty cool, maybe a little too "mechanical" though. They should have named it T7 (like terminator) :wink:

On a side note, I will personally smack the s**t out of anyone who says the Ignite is ugly but they like this :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm dying!

That was said in jest with a splash of seriousness! :D

I forgot to thank Chris on some VERY good pics! This is what we come here for: Japanese GIRLS, uhhh hmmmm *cough* I meant Japanese CLUBS!

I think it looks pretty cool, maybe a little too "mechanical" though. They should have named it T7 (like terminator) :wink:

On a side note, I will personally smack the s**t out of anyone who says the Ignite is ugly but they like this :D

I'm all the way behind mike on this hahahaha...abit too much for my taste but still quite a sight to behold. O the bag looks might awesome though

Does this mean that my 580XD tours just depreciated by 50%?

8O My 580XD Tour just arrived 2 days ago... :cry:

Can someone put up the Justin Rose "prototype" driver pic? The heel design looks just like the pic of Justin's driver that came out a few weeks ago... the one where some said there was a port in the heel and others denied it. Looks like that might have been an R7 proto he was using.

Does this mean that my 580XD tours just depreciated by 50%?

in about 2 weeks you'll be able to pick one up for $300... :cry:

These drivers look interesting... definitly not smoothest looking beast out there but I think it could grow on me... the $700+ retail price tag scares me. I am definitly not willing to through that much at a retail driver, and if they do sell for that they better have some serious shaft options. The headcover looks nice too...

and how about the new staff bag... pretty sweet.

great pics Chris!!!

I agree with you 100%. Can't wait for the tourney season here in Atlanta and seeing all the TM guys with R7 saying how Beautiful it is, but how ooogly the Nike is...I will fall on the tee box laughing, right after I blow it by them by about 20 yds...