Tourspecgolf R700 thread! ** PICS**

TourSpecGolfer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just went through the entire R7 mini-site, and I must say it is certainly impressive. Even if the driver itself is fugly, I'm sure a LOT of work was put in to organise this launch (not like TourStage, whose www.tourstage.com took forever to work, and was about as dull as this post).

There is an explanation of the weighting system, and also a fitting page (quite similar to the existing one, but with newer graphics). A lot of information to read, including a timeline with some TaylorMade history (for you SERIOUS TM fans).

Can't wait for the English version, so I can finally understand all that info!

The shaft options are poop in my opinion or at least from what i have seen:

MAS2 7 65 Tour that is 60grams

MAS2 7 50 plus which is 50 grams

The U.S release day is supposed to be far after the Japan date all they confirmed is it would be expensive for a U.S retail club. Don't worry guys if you want them early i will be pre selling them for shipment on April 11th via quick EMS 2-4 days shipping for you TM freaks out there.

The U.S release day is supposed to be far after the Japan date all they confirmed is it would be expensive for a U.S retail club. Don't worry guys if you want them early i will be pre selling them for shipment on April 11th via quick EMS 2-4 days shipping for you TM freaks out there.

Is there a conforming version in Japan?

Thanks

Thanks

My guess is that there isnt. The High C.O.R models say Max on the face

Thanks

My guess is that there isnt. The High C.O.R models say Max on the face

What was the face angle like, how did it look at address? Did it get progressively more closed as the lofts went up?

Thanks for the pix

Yes it did get closed the smaller version sat square about and the 10.5 seemed maybe half degree closed. I personally like the smaller head 8.5 version. These will be expensive Im gonna pick one up and Tour Spec Girl says i gotta get her one too :lol:

TourSpecGolfer, were you able to hit some balls with the R7? If so how does it compare to the R510 TP's feel and sound at impact. What color is the stock shaft and does it have any cool graphics on it?

Also, is it equipped with a newly styled TM R7 grip or just the regular one...

TM5.jpg

It doesn't look good to me, and personally I don't see this going well for TM. Generally clubs that are adjustable cause all sorts of problems, people strip the screwhead, they can't them back in right, they take them out and then lose them, they somehow manage to break the head trying to put the screw back in. Throw in the fact that someone's going to break the rules and try to adjust them on the course...not good.

Whats so wrong with just using lead tape.

wow who advised them on thier shaft options Callaway??? :lol: :lol:

PURE POOP!

It doesn't look good to me, and personally I don't see this going well for TM. Generally clubs that are adjustable cause all sorts of problems, people strip the screwhead, they can't them back in right, they take them out and then lose them, they somehow manage to break the head trying to put the screw back in. Throw in the fact that someone's going to break the rules and try to adjust them on the course...not good.

Whats so wrong with just using lead tape.

First off I want to tell Chris awesome job on the pics. thank's Scoop :D

Someone on another board compared this technology to the move from persimmon to steel. This isn't really innovative. There have been quite a few companies in the past that have brought adjustable clubs to market with very poor results. Just too many foreseable problems with this driver. The average golfer doesn't want to put this much thought or work into their equip. Maybe a little lead tape at most. Here you've got 4 different ports, 8 or so diff. weights for each port and a lilttle "tool kit" to boot. Weights will be lost, weights will get changed during rounds, players will be second guessing weight configurations.... too much to worry about. This is a niche product at best. Big OEMs don't stay in business by catering to a niche market. IMO They will need another more "standard" driver in their line up to appeal to the masses.

I also wanted to applaud TM for loosing the awful marketing campaign of the R5 series. Where we had to wait months and get teased all along the way untill we actually got to see the head.

Also, as Boyce pointed out I agree that the holes or ports where the weights go do look quite similar to the perceived "hole" in the J. Rose pic. If this driver has already been introduced, there is no doubt in my mind that there were plenty of protos. using this tech. out during the time the Rose pic. was taken.

Oh yea, almost forgot. The staff bag looks really good. And who's gonna get this driver and attach the "launch control system" wheel to their bag like a bag tag. Should look sweeeeet!