Tourspecgolf R700 thread! ** PICS**

TourSpecGolfer

Does this mean that my 580XD tours just depreciated by 50%?

Not quite 50% but it sure isn't gonna help. I've noticed most of the 580XD tours that have been put up for sale in the $850+ range have not been movin'. For anyone that was hoping to dump their XD tour before the bottom fell totally out.... It might be gettin' close.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the Exact Specs:

400cc head

8.5, 9.5, 10.5 lofts available

Left handed available in 9.5 & 10.5 lofts

MAS 2 Tour Shaft 65g High Kick 45inches D2 in S & X flex

MAS 2 Plus Shaft 50g Med Kick 45inches D1 in S & SR flex

MAS 2 Plus Shaft 50g Low Kick 45inches D1 in R flex

standard?pictid={D4EE75D4-0A98-430B-A66E-758DD0480FF8}&exp=f&moddt=38044.4962500231

standard?pictid={B6CBDB47-0D23-41B9-A60B-982AFFA0E942}&exp=f&moddt=38044.4960812963

standard?pictid={D7B7C28E-478B-442E-AB8B-BB475755755B}&exp=f&moddt=38044.4960006366

standard?pictid={FB92DE91-7949-403F-83E1-F93373684F88}&exp=f&moddt=38044.4961595949

standard?pictid={641D6671-B87E-479F-A3FF-203A98B9F73F}&exp=f&moddt=38044.4959114699

But I happen to think the new looks are an improvement on the 500 series... I can see one in the future, but it'll take a lot to boot the MR23 out of the bag :wink:

Oh yea, almost forgot. The staff bag looks really good. And who's gonna get this driver and attach the "launch control system" wheel to their bag like a bag tag. Should look sweeeeet!

A little note about that...they said it would be against regulations and in fact a penalty if you adjust your R700 during play. 8O

The shaft options are poop in my opinion or at least from what i have seen:

MAS2 7 65 Tour that is 60grams

MAS2 7 50 plus which is 50 grams

The U.S release day is supposed to be far after the Japan date all they confirmed is it would be expensive for a U.S retail club. Don't worry guys if you want them early i will be pre selling them for shipment on April 11th via quick EMS 2-4 days shipping for you TM freaks out there.

wow who advised them on thier shaft options Callaway??? :lol: :lol:

PURE POOP!

I've never liked the TM MAS2 shafts either. They seemed to have this very narrow range of swing speeds and tempo that the shafts will work well with. With all this tech that they put into creating the head you would think they would either do a little more R&D on shafts or give you a wider range of shafts to choose from.

I'm really not too interested in TM products as of late anyways. Our assistant pro has been getting a lot of nice tour only gear that is nothing like the normal retail version with the same models on them. They are really nice clubs that he has but if you hit his and then went and bought the retail version of them you would be one unhappy consumer.

I hope the 580xd tours don't drop out that fast because there is a long wait for the U.S release of the R700. I know many of your members have the XD tours and wouldn't want there pockets to hurt from me posting the info on the new R7 series.

Is it USGA conforming or Hi Cor?

The Japanese version has the word "MAX" on the toe. It is high COR and non-conforming. The conforming version may say R7 on the toe.

Is it USGA conforming or Hi Cor?

The Japanese version has the word "MAX" on the toe. It is high COR and non-conforming. The conforming version may say R7 on the toe.

Thanks for the quick reply. Is a conforming version getting released in Japan April 1?

Its actually April 10th and as far as i know no conforming version will be sold in Japan.

I now understand that some wholesalers will recive their first shipments starting march 8th but are in danger of losing the TM account if they are caught selling before March 4th.

this looks so COOL!!! man, i thought my r540 was the sickest thing that my friends or i have ever purchased. now i can't wait to get my hands on this new creation that TM has unleashed. I can't wait man!

One question though. I wouldn't mind a hat with the new r7 patch on the side, so when will distributors be selling the hats? I need a few :fire :fire ;microwave

• 3 weeks later...

img1020793707.jpeg

r7-setumei.jpg

r7-setumei2.jpg

;ukliam2TaylorMade-adidas Golf will bring its R7 Quad driver to the U.S. market in the late spring/early summer time period, TMaG President Mark King told PGA.com. King said the R7 Quad, which TMaG debuted at the recent Japan Golf Fair, will carry a price in the $499 range, around $100 more than the company’s current R580XD Series.

"It’s really not going to be a replacement product, it’s going to be an additional technology at a higher price,’’ King said.

The 400cc R7 Quad features what TMaG is calling its TaylorMade Launch Control (TLC) system that has four adjustable screws that help change the driver’s center of gravity in order to change launch angle and spin rate.

Based on weight placement of the screws, players will have up to six variations to dial in their correct driver specs.

"It’s what golfers really need if they’re going to maximize their distance and dial in launch conditions,’’ King said. "I think there are some skeptics that say, ‘Does it really work?’ I can tell you that (after) seeing the response of the Tour players in January and February, there won’t be a skeptic left after they try it and experience it. It’s really quite unbelievable.’’

King said TMaG will begin seeding the R7 Quad driver within the next two weeks on the PGA Tour and the club will be completely seeded by the Masters in April. ;ukliam2

Thanks for the great info!

Your posts brighten up the site  :D ThX

I agree. Thanks Precision. This is the only post I've seen on the r7 that actually has me a little excited about it. Seeing all the different weighting configs. and their effects on ball flight is intriguing.