Syard T388 Another Superb Round

bogeydog

Today was the first real good weather golf day we have had although it was a bit breezy. Temps in the high 60s.

I played a course I know quite well and thus had a good measure of how my clubs were performing against previous contenders.

Let me just say,.for me and in my opinion this Syard driver could be and likely is the best I have ever owned period. I only missed 3 fairways and it was my fault. This club for me is simple to play. If I stay on plane it is automatic. Straight or draw balls with a medium trajectory that can eat through wind easily. The rolll is fantastic and quite frankly I have never felt a driver as powerful.

The results were simply amazing. The longest drives of my life and that is something for a 45 year old who has been playing for 35 years. Most drives were 270-380. A few close to 300 and one was 347 (yes an elevated tee box) I know I will be accused of stretching the truth however I measured accurately and confirmed by the distance of the next shot. Of the 4 par 5 holes, I easily reached the green in two on three of them, none of less than 490 yards. That is great for me.

This has truly changed my game. Never had a driver made such a difference to me.

like ya thoughts bogey.. i too hit a careeer drive on my par 5 old orchard 15th sat.. first time ive got to the pin in two.

nicely wind assisited.. but

driver syard stinger 70s + old egg spoon stinger x PIN HIGH just off the right side 575 yards.. hard to ignore this now.....

hard to not game it every week.

it cettianly gets 9 holes. then i rotate the other one.

damn good driver.

its hawaii bound in 3 weeks that for certain!

As others have said, it gets better and better. I agree with you, it's hard to ignore. Recall my launch and spin numbers were practically perfect with this setup. I really can't imagine going back to a 460 club either. I also had good luck with the Kamui 420 way back, but not to this degree.

im gonna throw caution to the wind this sat... im taking the 2009 yamaha tour /diamana kaili 70s out to see if the new stuff really is that much better

the kail is almost thesame profile as the stinger so. i shud get a decent comparison.

im gonna throw caution to the wind this sat... im taking the 2009 yamaha tour /diamana kaili 70s out to see if the new stuff really is that much better

the kail is almost thesame profile as the stinger so. i shud get a decent comparison.

Oh s**t, my other all time favorite. 2009 Yamaha Tour.

Agree with you, b-dog. It keeps getting better and better for me, too. And per my initial reaction, it was pretty damn good to begin with. It's gotten to the point that all I have to do is visualize the path I want, fade or draw, high or low, and it just goes. And goes. I've ordered a second, as I'd be afraid to think of this thing disappearing. Ever.

Agree with you, b-dog. It keeps getting better and better for me, too. And per my initial reaction, it was pretty damn good to begin with. It's gotten to the point that all I have to do is visualize the path I want, fade or draw, high or low, and it just goes. And goes. I've ordered a second, as I'd be afraid to think of this thing disappearing. Ever.

I am tempted as well.

Finally some good weather this week out here too, looking forward to seeing some results...

Oh s**t, my other all time favorite. 2009 Yamaha Tour.

I know where you can buy one:)

Couldn't take it anymore. Finally a nice day, snuck out and took lunch at my local course. Managed to get 9 holes in, 3 of which I am able to take driver out. Other than hitting a banana fade that started out towards the left edge of the fairway before ending up on the right edge in my first shot, this thing is a bomber. I was able to keep it low and out of the wind as well as put a nice launch on it to ride the wind. Distance was very good, reaching a couple of places on the downwind fairways not seen before. Those par 4s are now drivable thanks to wind and roll-out. Our fairways are not rock hard and they have not been cut in a while so am figuring on some interesting rounds, especially in the peak of summer...

It is a pretty looking club. Shame they don't make it in left handed.

Today was the first real good weather golf day we have had although it was a bit breezy. Temps in the high 60s.

I played a course I know quite well and thus had a good measure of how my clubs were performing against previous contenders.

Let me just say,.for me and in my opinion this Syard driver could be and likely is the best I have ever owned period. I only missed 3 fairways and it was my fault. This club for me is simple to play. If I stay on plane it is automatic. Straight or draw balls with a medium trajectory that can eat through wind easily. The rolll is fantastic and quite frankly I have never felt a driver as powerful.

The results were simply amazing. The longest drives of my life and that is something for a 45 year old who has been playing for 35 years. Most drives were 270-380. A few close to 300 and one was 347 (yes an elevated tee box) I know I will be accused of stretching the truth however I measured accurately and confirmed by the distance of the next shot. Of the 4 par 5 holes, I easily reached the green in two on three of them, none of less than 490 yards. That is great for me.

This has truly changed my game. Never had a driver made such a difference to me.

So you got the SR shaft and are hitting it 270-380? WOW. I know you meant 280, but what is your swing speed and did you consider the stiff as well?

So many great drivers out right now. If you are fit properly with the majority of them they all would/will work well.

This one stands out (for me) noticeably, above the rest. Unless the fairways are super soft mush preventing

any kind of roll out this is the longest. That includes my non-conforming Ryoma and Kamui.

Playing in the wind the gap widens further still.

The T388 has filled a void I have been looking at for a long time. My most reilable JDM setups have been drivers that carry far with a high gentle draw. (The Glorie 2012, and the Works Hyperblade Premia). Downwind or calm days these clubs are fantastic, but limited into the wind. My observation is the T388 rewards a good shot as good as any driver I have ever seen including my benchmark for distance the ADAMS L LAB. . The rollout and headwind shots are like nothing I have ever owned. Even on damp fws the ball seems to hydroplane on wet turf. I hit a thin low groove shot that only carried about 215 yards(awful) , but to my surprise the ball kept sliding out and I ended up between 250 and 260 yards. Not bad for a thin miss. Today was the 1st round of near 80 degree temps after a long season of winter hell,. We had the worst March Ive ever seen in the DC area this year. The course I normally play during the week overwaters the fws to a point of playing in near casual water in early morning rounds I normally play. No so today. Normal to slightly fast fws, and near 80 degree temps. The T388 thrives in fast conditions on a fast track today. I have played this course for 10 years, today is the 1st time I have hit every par 5 in 2 during the same round. They also built and lengthened a short par 4 with a new tee box 25 yards back. Its 335 yards to the front edge. I has a chip for the 2nd shot from just in front of the green. The drive was great to watch...AI Tiger style stinger shot that hit the right spot on the fw and kept rolling to just short of the green.

For those that might sway away from this club due to its sub 400cc size, dont. Its very forgiving and plays like most 440 cc clubs. I have yet to hit any shot close to being wild such as a quick hook, or a block right.

Another club I recommend that has serious firepower and rollout to compete with the T388 is the GEORGE SPIRITS GT450 driver. I am experimenting with shaft setups , but I dont have the total control of the GEORGE SPIRITS to match the T388 yet, Im looking at this as a bomber driver.

Edited by driverhead

I would love to see a 10 HCPer review this driver. Every low handicapper loves this...

My observation is the T388 rewards a good shot better than any driver I have ever seen.

+1000

The Ryoma D1 is the best I have tried. More than acceptable distance, ultra forgiving. The inner HO wants to try it.

I am sure the T388 is great when struck well, all drivers are. We 10 HCP and over guys are so because we don't find the center of the club face consistently enough....

If I could find the center more, I would play blades, a persimmon driver for feel and an 8802!

I don't think mid hc would struggle with this if they have a fairly ok swing. Only you would know prior to buying how you swing and why you are a mid hc. I do recommend if you buy to give it 500 balls to evaluate. Most like it the more they learn it.

I'm not a single handicap and find the t388 significantly less forgiving than the ryoma vspec. However it is also significantly more forgiving than any other smaller head I've tried (yonex, Jbeam 425, zero). I find that on average, base on track man data, my swing speed with the t.388 was higher when compare to the ryoma spec. This has result in greater distance and more penetrating flight when solidly struck.

I'm not a single handicap and find the t388 significantly less forgiving than the ryoma vspec. However it is also significantly more forgiving than any other smaller head I've tried (yonex, Jbeam 425, zero). I find that on average, base on track man data, my swing speed with the t.388 was higher when compare to the ryoma spec. This has result in greater distance and more penetrating flight when solidly struck.

+1 I've been playing a good amount of golf lately and I'm just up in the air when it comes to drivers. Ryoma D1 is back! 388 slides in every few rounds always with great results, George Spirits GT450 is my current gamer and I've got the new 455 mono & X-Drive 709 all gunning for the same spot in my bag. No single driver is leaps and bounds better than the others. The closest that comes to mind is the Ryoma for its forgiveness and 388 for it's flight and feel. I don't recall a better year than 2013 for JDM drivers.

Today averaged 256 with 3 drives more than 280 and two at 220. I pulled one and toed one which were the short ones. Hit 10/14 fairways. Hit 2 of 4 par 5s in two. Birdied one of those.

+1 I've been playing a good amount of golf lately and I'm just up in the air when it comes to drivers. Ryoma D1 is back! 388 slides in every few rounds always with great results, George Spirits GT450 is my current gamer and I've got the new 455 mono & X-Drive 709 all gunning for the same spot in my bag. No single driver is leaps and bounds better than the others. The closest that comes to mind is the Ryoma for its forgiveness and 388 for it's flight and feel. I don't recall a better year than 2013 for JDM drivers.

I agree, eagerly waiting for a review of the new ryoma also. As for t.388, I truly believed that if u r a regular golfer, there should be very little problem gaming this head.