Have you tried your BOLD Wedge?

that would probably take alot of tape on a wedge like bold as it seems to be nearly as heavy as miura and miura makes heavy wedges.

That was a purely facetious comment. I am assuming he is talking less than 6g of tape to achieve a few SWs...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

played quick nine with it and i think i only hit two shots with it. one full pitch shot and one shot which was kinda in between pitch/chip from close range to clear the wall of elevated sloping away green and feed to the pin down the slope. full shot wasnt perfect but close enough, the other one almost went in, stopped pin level for tap in. not too bad considering i had no practice time with this wedge apart from hitting small flops and chips with it in the garden. its definitely a bit of a lower traj and has some bite on it, nothing shocking tho. what i hated is cleaning the grooves on this thing is a bitch. the course was pretty dry (been very hot lately) but ground has alot of clay in it which never really gets too dry and sort of turns into a thick hard paste kinda substance. grooves and milling on this thing just a perfect trap for it and even with wet towel in hand it was a challenge to get out quickly.

• 2 months later...

what are we into now...... 6-7 months with these.

got the lofts from 50-60.

all manner of shafts. all of which seem to be going perfectly.

played form late winter to mid summer with them and they are just getting better and better.

ive got so many wedges from differnt makers , and these just seem to be performing better.

the big deep bounce thin sole and larger face seem to be a great mix for me.

they dont seem to be the spinniest wedges ive got. nor are they anywhere near the most versatile

but after i just point shoot and pop them up i have no issues

the ball just seems to pop and drop, the ydont back up yards, they just seem to be an accurate easy to play wedge

im loving them

the rogue 52 and 50 ive been struggling with early days is now a non event,

and going to a set of irons wher the PW is 46* the 50* bold is a perfect match....

50- 56 60

oh yes indeed.

i might be the only one that likes these....,

Edited by supo67

i agree, these are deadly accurate. definitely not the spiniest or the best feeling wedges, but they are very easy to score with. no matter what i do the ball is never more than a foot away from it's pitch mark, and that's very important for scoring to me. it allows me to go after pins no matter where they are.

besides premature wear of the laser milling, my only other complaint is that i didn't get along with the stock shaft at all...

Bold 50* would be a perfect match for the kamui kp 101's. That'd be one hell of a setup for some links play.

yep

but iuse a micro thin 60* lob there not the 60* bold. the bounce is too high for sydney.

, its a bit clunky for kaikuya grass compared to the yururi raws.

the prgr and these went very well on sudnday. although, the fourteens were brillinant match a cpl of weeks back, same kinda shape,

yes....................... yes indeed...

im gettign mine re shafted with the modus 130 protos for EXACTKY that reason, high NO spin, thin sole. dead striaght.

they going back home as well.

too thin on the grass here in summer. to be as effective as on other surfaces

i hit straight into the mantle.

chunks of magma stick to the face.

the marus get rebagged tis weekend, been too long..!

Gold's custom wedges, Maru's and Bold's have been sharing top slots lately.... The edge has went to the GF wedges the past week though as I've needed the extra spin. Let's see how that set of Fourteen's shakes things up.

they might just surprise you.

well not really ull just remeber them the second u hit them

they spin PLENTY .......

every which way .

very heavy heads.

and they look the nuts.