Here's my swing

HipCheck

Alright guys, I finally got the cajones to record my swing & post it. It's a boring day here and the tourney is washed out so I've been brushing up on my web skills (when I should be brushing up on my golf skills).

Here's a link to a flash movie I recorded through my digital camera.

The good news is I'm hitting 250 and my swing normally isn't this bad. The bad news is I have 3+ months of rust and am headed to Myrtle Beach in 2 weeks. Help me out!

I see problems with my spine angle becoming too upright at impact and that I'm not really releasing the club through impact. Look at how bowed my left wrist is on the followthrough.

To me, my followthrough looks like Monty's, when I want it to look like Freddie's.

Any advice is appreciated!

****update: Will post again when swing is grooved. Thanks guys****

To me it looks like you have a slight reverse pivot causing you to have to stand up and lose your spine angle at impact.

WE LOVE THE SUBS!

Ah naylit you nailed it. I saw it as soon as you said it. Right knee straightens out, puts weight on the left leg, and they you go.

I ran out to the range and hit a small bucket...Problem solved! :D

Thanks bud. Next time I'll just PM you! :wink:

'COZ THEY ARE GOOD TO US!

Other than the previous comments the one thing I notice is that at the top of the swing the line from your right shoulder to your left is very upright. If you take the upper line on the "T" you have drawn and align it with the shoulders it changes dramatically from the third and fourth frame to the sixth.

Of course this just could be camera angle and I'm just talking out my divot.

The camera angle is right behind the ball, not me, so perception is a bit off. However some critiques make sense to me.

I always struggle with widening the arc, because it's not a natural movement for me. I also become a bit long on the backswing which explains the club being too inside.

As long as I can fix it w/o messing w/my head too much before Myrtle Beach, I'm fine.

I'll post a comparison after I've fixed the swing.

Relax your wrist some, if you can let your wrist release you will get your Freddie type swing a lot more head speed. (power)

From Address, go frame by frame to the 14th frame.

Just out of your wind up, it looked as though you have started to "CAST" and stayed almost as 1 piece and stiff coming down through the ball slowing your momentum.

Relax your arms and let the club fall, do not worry about timing, the club will release by force at the optimum impact point.

Reverse pivot was throwing you off from there.

Just a guess, did the ball hook slight left?

Relax your wrist some, if you can let your wrist release you will get your Freddie type swing a lot more head speed. (power)

Just out of your wind up, it looked as though you have started to "CAST" and stayed almost as 1 piece and stiff coming down through the ball slowing your momentum.

Relax your arms and let the club fall, do not worry about timing, the club will release by force at the optimum impact point.

Release pivot was throwing you off from there.

Yep. Don't know how the Canadians do it, b/c my swing is super rusty after 3 months off. I can only imaging 4+ months out of commission...

Yep. Don't know how the Canadians do it, b/c my swing is super rusty after 3 months off. I can only imaging 4+ months out of commission...

I hate RUST!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Why HipCheck I'm sirprised you have got that one figured out yet .

We don't get rusty due to three things , 1. Hockey , 2. Listening to great bands at clubs like the Hip and the most improtant is that beer doesn't turn to rust over the winter :lol: