Added 2 new putters to my collection - Bettenardi & Whitlam

Just got them this week. Whitlam is a custom made little dog with a double bend shaft, making it face balanced. The other is the Bettinardi Signature 6. Haven't taken the wrap off the Bettinardi but it putted great. The swing weight was much heavier then I expected...over e4. I always liked the look of the Whitlam little dog needed a face balanced putter (which the regular dog was not). Contacted Eric at Whitlam and they built one for me (at a cost of course). The Whitlam has a much lighter swing weight.,,C8. My original Scotty squareback was a D2 so I'll see which I like better.

post-14637-0-43130100-1367464424.jpg

Edited by shintajay

Shintajay

I also have the little dog but in the torched finish with a Red white and Blue paintfill. It is a well balanced putter that gives very true roll.

post-15908-0-39172600-1367857356.jpg

post-15908-0-75304800-1367857374.jpg

post-15908-0-71994500-1367857392.jpg

Edited by akapur

Very nice custom paint job. I've tried the little dog for two session at the range. Found it to roll true. But you can really feel (hear) the difference if you don't hit it right. Took me awhile to get use to the center line (most of my putters are propotional to the center line). This one looks to have most of the weight at the toe so I kept hitting it off center.

Could you do me a favor, Could you get me your swing weight of the putter. I'm debating if I need more weight. Was wondering if I should add weights in the shaft.

My putter is 34 inches with the stock thin grip. Head is 360 gram which gives it a D7 swing weight. I feel the weight is fine for me. The Grip is something I may change to a fuller size, which would also effect the overall SW. Hope that helps

Ashim

Thanks for the info. Based on that and my thoughts, I uglied up my little dog with lead tape on the cavity to get the swing weight to D2. Now it fells and rolls right. I have much better distance control at D2. When I do finally change out the grip I need to put in weights in the shaft so I can get my clean look back.

• 2 weeks later...

After three rounds with each I found the Whitlam little dog to be my favorite. The Whitham sound and fell is more to my liking. But it is not as forgiving as the Bettinardi SS6. I had my club fitter get the Little dog to a D4 and it makes all the difference with my distance control (thanks akpur for the input). As for the feel I think its due to the carbon vs the stainless. The Bettinardi is the first stainless head I've purchased. May grow to love it later but for now my gamer is the Whitlam and will keep the Bettinardi in the hole. Both are head and shoulders above my Scotty squareback.

Edited by shintajay

Glad you like the Whiltam. It is also my gamer at the moment replacing my Yamada. Rolls beautifully and stays on line.

• 2 months later...

I had the same experience with a Whitlam -- sound and feel way off and almost hollow unless hit in a precise spot just toe-side of center. It was also way heavy for me (home course has very fast greens...). My Yamada 85029 is somewhere over the Pacific as we speak on its way back from Golds. Really looking forward to having that baby back -- best sound and feel I've ever come across.

I had the same experience with a Whitlam -- sound and feel way off and almost hollow unless hit in a precise spot just toe-side of center. It was also way heavy for me (home course has very fast greens...). My Yamada 85029 is somewhere over the Pacific as we speak on its way back from Golds. Really looking forward to having that baby back -- best sound and feel I've ever come across.

Hopefully the GF mod will work wonders for you. The Whitlam is really good on slower greens, on faster greens I use Piretti GSS. I also have a Lajosi I just got and am excited about trying it out

From your pictures, those two putters look like gems. Enjoy!

gorgeous putters! love the betti

Edited by mr.haha