• Diamana X Limited
    • Diamana Other
    • Fujikura
    • Other
  4. 4. What head weight will you play?

• >=200
    • 195 <>199
    • <=194

To those that ordered, "What did you order?" I tried to include the popuar shafts. Feel free to explain your choices.

Edited by bogeydog

Suggest adding a poll so we can see which is the most popular model....

I had mine in Type V. Didn't really have a choice to choose as the type V is the only one with square face angle. Combo with Crazy Boron and it is now the best driver i have ever hit in my life.

Can you give some experience on the Boron shaft regarding the effect of the torq (low at 2.9)? I am using CB46 and the torq is much higher at 4.9, just wonder will the effect will be? Does the shaft more clear the left or the right with a low kick point? Thanks!!

Boron shaft. Easy launch but not sky high. I would say piercing mid-high trajectory with lots of roll. Crisp feel not soft like 80T shaft. Very stable, require no timing to strike the ball. Light also. I would say this is a distance shaft that's better than the LY01 black Hot. The only bad thing about this shaft is the graphics. TJ-80 IMO has the best graphic in all of,crazy line up (the glitter effect is so,high end)

Boron shaft. Easy launch but not sky high. I would say piercing mid-high trajectory with lots of roll. Crisp feel not soft like 80T shaft. Very stable, require no timing to strike the ball. Light also. I would say this is a distance shaft that's better than the LY01 black Hot. The only bad thing about this shaft is the graphics. TJ-80 IMO has the best graphic in all of,crazy line up (the glitter effect is so,high end)

Do you have an opinion on flex of the boron?

The flex on the Boron is consistent with the 75g in the 519 and Black Tour as well as the Sigma 50 Noir..

I voted 9.5 V.

Crazy Boron in every driver for me please. XV, 388 and now the Maxima. If you don't like the graphics we can have it custom made with TSG Crazy Mofo graphics.

What Jimmieboi is saying is spot on, I am less concerned with my timing when hitting the C.boron. It's a mid/high penetrating trajectory. Feels fantastic to me and is easier to keep in control than the LY01.

Comparing all three drivers the Maxima is the longest. I really love the way it feels, and most forgiving. Those are the top 3 things I want in a driver. I'm surprised how much it's improved over the already awesome D-1.

That said both the 388 and XV + Boron find more fairways and fly straighter, maybe not as long but more consistent.

All three drivers built to 45" no tip weighting and have a 9.5 loft with a stiff crazy boron. It's interesting the most forgiving club doesn't find me the most fairways isn't it?

Thinking of playing the Maxima at 44.5" with the heavier weight to help with that.

Comparing all three drivers the Maxima is the longest.

That said both the 388 and XV + Boron find more fairways and fly straighter, maybe not as long but more consistent.

For me, Maxima is way longer than the 388.. for ME. Can't comment about XV.

As for fairways, I think much of that is down to the shaft. I haven't got it quite right with the Roddio yet.

Hope one of the shafts sitting around here (Rombax Type X, Nippon Regio Formula, Crazy LY01, UST VTS Silver, ..) is a very good match for the V 9.5*

Type V 9.5* CB80LS..i love my vspec setup so this should be even better

Type V, 10.5, 200g, Crazy Boron, regular, tipped 1/2", d2, 45.25"

Nothing.....

yet

I voted Type D, 10.5, 200g, Crazy 513, Stiff, D1, 46"

I voted 9.5 V.

Crazy Boron in every driver for me please. XV, 388 and now the Maxima. If you don't like the graphics we can have it custom made with TSG Crazy Mofo graphics.

What Jimmieboi is saying is spot on, I am less concerned with my timing when hitting the C.boron. It's a mid/high penetrating trajectory. Feels fantastic to me and is easier to keep in control than the LY01.

Comparing all three drivers the Maxima is the longest. I really love the way it feels, and most forgiving. Those are the top 3 things I want in a driver. I'm surprised how much it's improved over the already awesome D-1.

All three drivers built to 45" no tip weighting and have a 9.5 loft with a stiff crazy boron. It's interesting the most forgiving club doesn't find me the most fairways isn't it?

Thinking of playing the Maxima at 44.5" with the heavier weight to help with that.

Chris, do you get a new shaft for each or did you swap from the 388 to XV? If so did the clubs play the same length, shorter or longer after the swap?

Thanks

I play a vspec 9.5 on a crazy cb46 shaft, flex 7.2. i am comfortable with the trajectory, forgiveness but not the roll. It also plays tough into the wind. Bad shots are baby slices & snap hooks, though the latter is more due to my swing.

My Maxima choices boil down to the D & V, G is out as i am not keen on longer shafts.

Leaning towards the D model as would like to try the closed face vs my old Vspec which is squared.

Do you recommed the crazy boron as the best match to the D model ? I want to find an easy swing and fire club. Do you think the D model will fit the diamana x S 60 ?

Thanks !

Chris, do you get a new shaft for each or did you swap from the 388 to XV? If so did the clubs play the same length, shorter or longer after the swap?

Thanks

I have 3 Crazy Borons. All are 45" on the money.

I don't know about D model fit into Boron would be the results, but I can compare the boron to the Diamana X, though in different head. Diamana X in Kamui Ray. The boron launch much easier than the Diamana X and I get lots of roll with the type V. It's much better than the original D1 (V spec and Premia) when hit into the wind. The boron is crisp and crunchy whereas Diamana X is soft and smooth with a little solid feel. The Crazy 80T shafts feel super smooth and soft (even in XX flex).

I have 3 Crazy Borons. All are 45" on the money.

That is playing length, I'll assume. But have you ever swapped the shaft between the heads?

Am trying to figure out the hosel to ground and bore depth between the XV and 388 to see if I can just swap shafts between them and not need an extension for them to play the same length. As mentioned earlier the Crazy 435 and SYD 388 play a 1/2" different in finished length with the same raw shaft...

That is playing length, I'll assume. But have you ever swapped the shaft between the heads?

Am trying to figure out the hosel to ground and bore depth between the XV and 388 to see if I can just swap shafts between them and not need an extension for them to play the same length. As mentioned earlier the Crazy 435 and SYD 388 play a 1/2" different in finished length with the same raw shaft...

These were all brand new shafts.

Boron won't work for me?

Boron won't work for me?

I can understand I am frequently wrong, but I am not the only one saying it is an easy launch shaft.

So, obviously you want to try it. Buy one and find out, they are actually on the cheaper side of high end shafts...…

Going back to what RI said. I've been hitting the XV/388/Maxima for days now. All with the Boron.

Hosel depth is nearly identical between all three but how far from the head the hosel is has made a difference IMO.

The Ryoma / Boron combo feels brilliant. Compared to the SYD's the same spec and length shaft plays more tip active. I'm a tip stiff kinda guy so I had to pull my CB and tip it 1/4". It's still a bit more active than how it plays in the XV or 388 but it's stabilized.

I just thought that was interesting considering most variables were the same and I had put in 5+ rounds with the three together.... forget the 14 club in the bag rule when I have to test gear, It's more like 20.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.