Jbeam 435 white driver incoming with Kiyoshi White shaft

Robb40

I broke down and picked up the white 435 10.5 head that was on the for sale forum. I really wanted to compare it to my current model with a different shaft. At first I intended to pair the new head with my LYo2 labomba. But I picked up a Oban Kiyoshi white shaft that is a mid launch low spin. I look forward to testing the two models on the range to see if there are significant differences in distance or accuracy. My current combo is the Black Jbeam 435 with the LYo2 labomba shaft. It has been such a great combo for me that I really did not want to mess with it even to try the white head with the labomba. I still can't say enough good things about this combo. It is without a doubt the longest driver that I have ever owned. I go to the course now expecting several 300 yard drives. Toe shots feel bad but I am still getting 265 to 270 on a decent toe shot swing. Unreal. For anyone who is a feel first player I would not recommend this head BUT if you are looking for max distance with a good feeling head on center shots then what is better?? In my book NOTHING that I have tried. I will report back on this test after I hit many shots on the range and on the course. I know everyone is excited about the new Ryoma Maxima but for my game I need all the distance I can get. So far no one has reported the Maxima as being longer.

Will be a great looking set-up. Upload some pictures when you can.

Don't worry I will. I will post some pictures of both bombers. I can't wait to see which club will win the battle. The black 435 was killing it on the range tonight it will take one heckuva club to knock it out of the bag.

lol...i remember you being hesitant spending the money on your first 435! i only laugh because i have two of them also! before the 435 i thought it was silly to even think of having more than one of the same heads (at least for us mortals). have fun with your testing.

on a side note, i've been struggling with my driver swing for the last week. not missing by much but still not pure and the 435/quadra didn't miss a single fairway this morning! by far the best all around head ever made imho.

Mike thanks for all of your help and advice. I know at this point some may be rolling their eyes when I keep posting such positive reviews. But for me this head and maybe this combo is unreal. I have never had a better driver in my bag. My Adams launch lab was close but still 10 to 15 behind the 435 on well struck shots. Side note for me- The white 435 is 10.5 so it will be interesting to see if the .5 degree in loft makes any difference at all. I also get the weight kit as well which should keep this Mad Club Ho busy for a long time. I doubt I will keep them both but you never know. I scored the Kiyoshi White for $175 so I am curious to see how it stacks up against the Labomba.

I have been getting used to my RFX for the past 3 weeks, so I put my 435/ 80 LS Noir 7.4 in the closet not expecting to pull it out for another month or so. Funny thing, last night I pulled it out and decided I didn't want to wait to put it back in the bag. My only hesitation is that I have been struggling with center shots off the tee so far this season, and the 435 does not handle that as well as the RFX. I have a member-member tournament tomorrow afternoon and Saturday morning, and I have to decide which driver to pull out. I am leaning towards the 435. I will let you know how it goes.

I agree that there is nothing longer out there on well hit shots with the 435.

Mob,

Thats so strange. i tried the RFE and really liked the look and feel of the club. Distance wise it was not much of a contest. Now to be fair the shaft was a stock trinity. The 435 gives me the best of both worlds which is carry and roll. I can live with the feel on off center shots. How many drives have I hit with the 435 that were off center yet still produced a 260 yard drive?? I have not hit as many 300 plus yard drives in my golfing career as I have with the 435. If I find something better it will be a wondrous event. I just don't know if there is a better driver out there for me. More Forgiving, better feel?? Absolutely but when it comes to distance I just don't see it.

Mob,

Thats so strange. i tried the RFE and really liked the look and feel of the club. Distance wise it was not much of a contest. Now to be fair the shaft was a stock trinity. The 435 gives me the best of both worlds which is carry and roll. I can live with the feel on off center shots. How many drives have I hit with the 435 that were off center yet still produced a 260 yard drive?? I have not hit as many 300 plus yard drives in my golfing career as I have with the 435. If I find something better it will be a wondrous event. I just don't know if there is a better driver out there for me. More Forgiving, better feel?? Absolutely but when it comes to distance I just don't see it.

I never tried the stock shaft with the RFX. I have a Diamana X, Fubuki K series, and GD Tour AD DI with Razr Fit adaptors, so I am working through all options. I think I will take the 435 out tomorrow and see how it goes.

let me know. I almost purchased a RFE with a motore tour spec 6.2 a week ago just out of curiosity. Always a ho I guess. I can't imagine what I could be looking for at this point.

The white 435 has arrived. What a looker. Now I need the seller of the shaft to get in gear and ship it so I can put this bad boy together. Side note - played 9 holes and had 2 more 300 yard plus bombs.