T.388 rolls on

RLL33

I'm happy for all who have (or will have) found happiness with the new Maxima driver, but my quiet S-Yard smiles continue to spread at my club. Yesterday on 17, which is slightly uphill and has an undulating fairway with a ravine and a giant oak that sits at the end between fairway and green, I hit a pipeline drive 290 yards that sat dead center at the end of the fairway and left me a pitching wedge to the green. I should say, I don't hit 290-yd drives. My average is about 250-260. And when I turned back to the rest of my foursome on the tee -- and also to our club pro who happened to be there because he was giving another member a lesson -- the expression on their silent faces was something that will last as imagery for me a long, long time -- as was the pro's question -- "what's the name of that driver...?" Just sayin'... ;=]

I must admit I am also very happy with the T.388. Not only am I getting long drives with incredible roll, they happen to find the middle of the fairway. If anything my usual fade has turned into a slight draw. The D-1 I have been using is no slouch either but my confidence level with the t.388 is very high.

I would love to have one of these for the days when my course is hard and dry. Right now my Jbeam 435 is the king but who knows if the 388 could roll out more on a dry, hard course????

What's crazy is that the XV seems just as straight as the 388 and as long or longer. Now it can't compete with the small head appeal but its incredibly compact for 450 and offers a ton of flight control with tee height.

I hit the t388 today. It's a very good club. Great distance and decent roll. The stock shaft is too soft though, but the feel is so good and more forgiving than it looks (small head). Still forgiveness and distance, I would say the Maxima is still better (not that the t388 is bad). I think I'll probably get it, the t388.

I hit the t388 today. It's a very good club. Great distance and decent roll. The stock shaft is too soft though, but the feel is so good and more forgiving than it looks (small head). Still forgiveness and distance, I would say the Maxima is still better (not that the t388 is bad). I think I'll probably get it, the t388.

The stock shaft is a tad soft, but in my hands that has not effected the results I am getting. I may look to change the shaft to something else soon, but for now I will keep playing the stock shaft.

Put a Boron in it. Mine came out at about 257 cpms feels great with kick and has really opened this driver up. I know you like that shaft so it's worth a try, that and the XV are pretty amazing heads. I can't call a winner between the 388/XV/Maxima with the same shaft.

Put a Boron in it. Mine came out at about 257 cpms feels great with kick and has really opened this driver up. I know you like that shaft so it's worth a try, that and the XV are pretty amazing heads. I can't call a winner between the 388/XV/Maxima with the same shaft.

A little surprised by that given the circumventing of the COR rules the compressing crown gives the Maxima… Would imagine based on that, if KK took the compressing crown concept and applied it to the XV/388 it would beat everything out there sans MClaren's 435...

A little surprised by that given the circumventing of the COR rules the compressing crown gives the Maxima… Would imagine based on that, if KK took the compressing crown concept and applied it to the XV/388 it would beat everything out there sans MClaren's 435...

It'll have to work its way up and beat my D1 first before it can even hope to give my 435 a challenge.... Sounds like a title fight build up LOL.

that .388 is a heck of a head.

im building a diaman X 70s to go with the stigner 70s same exact stats for a shoot out tomorrow.

ivep layed both but not in unison, so sunday with luck ill game both.

tomorrow at range ill play both.

i have a feeling i already know the outcome tho

i had the diamana X VS stinger last night in my ryoma d1 heads.

there was a clear diffence in them after about 30 odd shots with both drivers.

there was def an noticebale differnce. and one is not bette than the other,

Edited by supo67

hello everyone! was hoping i might drop in to ask a question comparing these drivers...

from what i have read, both use a flexing of the crown to increase compression/smash factor. yet the syard places the cg close to the face, while the maxima pulls it back as far as they can.. the two companies seem to be at odds on this point. may i ask what differences this makes in the real world? in the hands of actual players? is it noticeable in how the face turns over?

i am a draw player, and although i can leave one out right here & there, my big misses are pull hooks. being in the states, i cant really hold/hit these, so would like to get your impressions. thank you!

ill chime in again....this driver has changed my game completely and i had a pretty good game prior to getting this. in fact, at times i feel embarrassed because i am literally 30-50 yards past my playing partners.

Yes this driver is special. Played around with tee heighth today and like others have said, tee'g it low, low really makes the ball fly. Wow do I love this driver.

I did find that with the low tee heighth the run on the ball really increases.

Both the XV & 388 fly straighter than most. Maxima is for sure longer than the two and more forgiving on off center shots.

hello everyone! was hoping i might drop in to ask a question comparing these drivers...

from what i have read, both use a flexing of the crown to increase compression/smash factor. yet the syard places the cg close to the face, while the maxima pulls it back as far as they can.. the two companies seem to be at odds on this point. may i ask what differences this makes in the real world? in the hands of actual players? is it noticeable in how the face turns over?

i am a draw player, and although i can leave one out right here & there, my big misses are pull hooks. being in the states, i cant really hold/hit these, so would like to get your impressions. thank you!

The flex in both drivers heads come from two different methods. The drivers are also made very differently from each other so toss in a ton of variables imo it's hard to compare. The CG closer to the face I like, ball flies lower, straighter for some, more roll.. The deeper back CG of the Maxima aids both forgiveness and distance.

The 388 and XV are very nice toward the toe, it still loses yardage but for the most part many are reporting unexpectedly straight and long shots still. Hit it a further out on the toe and you got problems. Do the same with the Maxima and you keep your distance.

I would probably get this driver tomorrow and build it with TJ-80 shaft. The stock shaft is nice but it's too soft for me. I'll compare it to Maxima type V and will chime in later for comparison. For one thing though, I really like the feel of the t388 when the ball strike the face.

oh dear, i had my heart set on the maxima D, now i am unsure.

Is it me or does the 388 looks bit like epon 152 ?

Will wait for you to give the verdict jimmieboi

oh dear, i had my heart set on the maxima D, now i am unsure.

Is it me or does the 388 looks bit like epon 152 ?

Will wait for you to give the verdict jimmieboi

I guess it's always quite a bit of a turkey shoot when you can't demo. Good luck with whatever you choose and I hope it works for you.

I have demo the club. It felt really good off the face!! Hot and crisp. I think the stock shaft is too long for a driver in a size of a (big) FW. IMO, it should roll more than the Maxima but carry less. It also shouldn't exceed the distance of the Maxima Type V. BUT, it should be more versatile (as a FW should be). I have decided to built it with Bangvoo 787 in 44.5 inch to the t.388. I'll get the 10.5 degree as I want it to be able to hit off the ground. I'll get to range later in the afternoon after the driver is built and will chime in for "Maxima Type V VS S-yard t388"!!!