Veylix shafts

This company Veylix was started by former staff at Matrix and is about to go public.

40T Japanese carbon from Mitsubishi or Toray. full length in most of the shafts.

How is this brand any different? well their president told me that they are designing shafts with a profile that tour players would request more often yet maintaining usability for most who are not at that tour level.

It's a USDM brand with 80% of it's materials coming from Japan.

Thoughts?

gallery_18_7_35234.jpg

gallery_18_7_58418.jpg

gallery_18_7_135917.jpg

What profile are we talking about? Flex, launch, torque, etc…?

I like the look

Agreed the graphics are pretty good.

Not sure what the numbers mean or their unit of measure, beyond Torque, CPM, length and weight.

Seems to be high torque stiffer playing shafts. Surprised by the lack of mid 70s weight class, given the shafts in the offering.

Yeah I noticed that too. Seems strange, as that is a lot of peoples 3w/5w shaft weight.

I like the look of the 688 'X' flex. Torque and weight very close to my fav Kai'li. Might play totally different of course.

Chris - any idea of pricing?

Appearance is great. Interested to know what price point these are at. If the cost is in line then might be worth a try!

RIDuffer thanks for the link. Hard to believe the cost is as low as they are offering. If the shaft is as good as they say, this might be a great way to go.

That is the Alpina, not sure if they are making a similar deal on the Rome shaft. I believe the Rome runs ~$450 retail… There are a couple of threads about it at GolfWrx...

I'm a relative newby to JDM, but a long-time member. There is a post on another site about this shaft that was started yesterday. Price point was quoted at $450 range for the Rome model and $170 range for the Alpina model. The quote from Bronson is "40 ton graphite 100%. ok. which is, hasn't been done, in this market this way before." I though JDM companies like Crazy have had and surpassed this technology for a while?

Edited by junkfry

Funny, I was going to post a link from golfwrx about these new shafts. I was reading some Robo guy's review of the shafts on there yesterday and he absolutely loves them. Granted, he's friend with the guy who started the company. Love the look of them though!

I'm a relative newby to JDM, but a long-time member. There is a post on another site about this shaft that was started yesterday. Price point was quoted at $450 range for the Rome model and $170 range for the Alpina model. The quote from Bronson is "40 ton graphite 100%. ok. which is, hasn't been done, in this market this way before." I though JDM companies like Crazy have had and surpassed this technology for a while?

Hi Junkfry, 40t is not a technology, it is simply the grading of the carbon based on its tensile strength. The higher the number the denser the weaves and the more higher grade glass particles vs rubber particles in lower grade shafts. Crazy uses 40t 46t 50t and 80t full length in their shafts.

i clicked on the link to check this out.I saw the video pitch, but it appears the offer is off the table.

Edited by driverhead

I like the look

Me too. Get the feeling these are made by knowledgeable enthusiasts for some reason..

Guys from Matrix are the brain donors.

Heard that too, who's left at Matrix?

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have been fooling around with Veylix shafts, and have been impressed with the numbers they produce on Flightscope. I am withholding judgement until I get outside to play them. I started last year by playing the Veylix Alpina in my SLDR 430. I hit some huge bombs with this combination, but ultimately the SLDR head was just too penalizing for me on off center hits. I broke the shaft in my Callaway XHP 3Deep a month ago on a golf trip, and needed to reshaft it. I was actually happy to have an excuse to buy a new shaft. I tried 4 different shafts with my club fitter, and the Rome 888 produced the best numbers with the tightest dispersion. I have never played an 80+ gm shaft before and so maybe this suits my swing. It also lived up to it's reputation as a low launch, low spin, fade biased shaft. I didn't hit one hook with it, which is amazing for me. After this experience, I decided to try the Rome shaft in my Cobra Bio Cell + driver. I have a UST Chrome 6F4T shaft in it, and have been pretty happy with this combination. The Rome clearly outperformed the Chrome shaft, mainly in the dispersion category, which is one of my main needs. It felt great as well, smooth as can be, but was a little low launching (12.5 degrees on average). The fitter told me to try the Arcane, their flagship model, and it was fascinating how it performed exactly like the Rome, except launching 2.5 degrees higher on average. I bought it then and there. It doesn't hurt that the Arcane is the prettiest golf shaft I have ever seen. For those who haven't seen it, it is a pearl white that turns ice blue in UV light; absolutely spectacular. I hope to get outside next week if the course opens here. I will give an update after getting both clubs outside.

I hated the Veylix Rome soooooo much that i snapped it in half after 7 holes of golf !!!! I'm sure it has its fan but i have not snapped a shaft in anger for many many years....over a decade and the Veylix was a piece of crap that needed to die !!!!!

I tried the Rome 988 in a 3 hybrid and liked it a lot. For a graphite shaft, it felt heavy which is preferable (for me) in a hybrid

I ended up not buying it solely due to the distance gap it created with my 4 iron

Not tried any of their 3W or driver shafts but likely would based on my experience with the hybrid

I hated the Veylix Rome soooooo much that i snapped it in half after 7 holes of golf !!!! I'm sure it has its fan but i have not snapped a shaft in anger for many many years....over a decade and the Veylix was a piece of crap that needed to die !!!!!

So what I am hearing is that you didn't like it? Just want to make sure that I didn't misinterpret your thoughts. :tsg_smilie_smile2:

it wasn't a good fit ! :tsg_smiley_king:

Love the colour change effects on the Veylix Arcane, that indigo colour looks awesome. Interesting that 11% of the shaft uses lower grade carbon while less expensive Veylix models use full length 40t.

Does anyone know how the Arcane compares in feel and performance to the 50t Tour ADs and the 80t Diamana, Muziik, Basileus, Crazy and Quadras?