Post Your Ryoma Maxima Review Here!

Many TSG'ers are getting their Maxima's delivered now so it's an exciting time for everyone who had waited patiently.

I was thinking about writing a blog post with my Review of the Maxima but then I thought wouldn't it be cool to compile the opinions of everyone good or bad and share whats been working, not working, or perhaps even whats missing.

So please share your thoughts, questions, reviews, pics etc.. of the Ryoma Maxima in this thread to help us build a web special around it.

gallery_18_2_37512.jpg

gallery_18_2_68986.jpg

gallery_18_2_48146.jpg

gallery_18_2_15460.jpg

gallery_18_2_46289.jpg

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got an 8.5 Maxima with a crazy black tour 65 SX and it is HIGH. Not sure where to turn for shaft to lower it. Seems really long but its all carry. Benched it after 2 holes at an outing yesterday and went back to RomaRo 435/FEX. That thing is money.

Excellent. My future FIR lies in this thread.

I have hit the S-Yard t.388 side by side the Maxima type V. I can make a brief compare between the two. I would say the Type V is more forgiving, produce more distance, more roll....but the t.388 is more straight (when struck well), better feel, sounds at impact better, better looks at address. Both are very good driver. It's amazing that the t.388 needs to be teed low and hit either sweeping or downward blow to get the ball up in the air. If I were to only choose one....it would be the Ryoma.

Not that the t.388 is bad....it's very very bullet piercing straight and good feel....but when it comes to driver, you would want the ultimate in distance and forgiveness (at least for me)....the Ryoma wins by a mile on those regards.

got it put together today...cant w8 to hit it tomorrow at the range then bring it to the course thurs after work :)

post-15730-0-14654600-1371517196.jpg

post-15730-0-90817700-1371517239.jpg

post-15730-0-46534100-1371517277.jpg

post-15730-0-02555900-1371517316.jpg

I"ve read an individual's review that his V is quite high launching, even with his 8.5*. Concerned that I'll be shopping my 9.5 upon arrival very soon if that's the case.

For me, it is highER launching but not high launching. Web reviews are only a guide. Try it for yourself. You don;t need more beer for better golf and you may swing better so a 9.5 could yet be right for you :-)

Congrats Gandor. Looking forward to your review. You play the CB-80 LS in your previous driver as well?

thanks! yes i play the same shaft but in a softer flex(6.9) on the vspec and this new one 7.4. i launch the 6.9 pretty high so hopefully with this stiffer one will bring it down a bit.

Anyone tried the G yet? REviews anyone?

thanks! yes i play the same shaft but in a softer flex(6.9) on the vspec and this new one 7.4. i launch the 6.9 pretty high so hopefully with this stiffer one will bring it down a bit.

Would like to hear your side by side with your origina V-Spec 9.5. For me, my Type D 10.5 launches a tad higher than my D1 10.5 but te Maxima gives a lot more roll. I have not been able to try the same TJ46 shaft in the Maxima though. I have a WBQ 55 on the way in for the Maxima.

Edited by wmclarenf1

Would like to hear your side by side with your origina V-Spec 9.5. For me, my Type D 10.5 launches a tad higher than my D1 10.5 but te Maxima gives a lot more roll. I have not been able to try the same TJ46 shaft in the Maxima though. I have a WBQ 55 on the way in for the Maxima.

im bringing both to the range today..im pretty sure i can compare the ball flight but not the roll since i can reach the net. i'll find out about the roll on thurs at the course.

oh man!

love that shaft on No1 grip!

this is my 1st time with No1 grip so we'll see if this will make me pull all my x-evolution.

I really love the Nowon grip especially the limited Ichi version...would like to replace them all in my irons but the price is a tad expensive (at least than the Iomix sticky I'm using right now.)

I really love the Nowon grip especially the limited Ichi version...would like to replace them all in my irons but the price is a tad expensive (at least than the Iomix sticky I'm using right now.)

i would love to try that ichi version..hopefully soon since my x-evo are due for replacement. how do u compare this ichi version to the regular no1? i have the 50series right now.

The Ichi is the only Nowon grip I have so cannot compare to the regular version. It's much better than the Iomic....I think it's more durable too.

The original/regular nowons are almost too soft. Some complain too much torque. The ichi is tacky but firmer and much less twisting.

had a range session last night and brought my vspec for a head to head comparision and i for one can confirm that the type v has a higher ball flight but with that said im surprised because the trajectory is more penetrating than the vspec. i hit the 250yrds net at the middle with the vspec and on the type v i hit it at the very top and actually had a few that went over the net. i could already tell just from the ball flight that the type v is longer on both carry and roll compared to the vspec. this driver got me so excited last night that i moved my tee time from tomorrow to today after work..cant wait to see how this thing perform at the course.

Please tell me the V is totally neutral. In every picture I've seen it appears to be slightly closed...

Please tell me the V is totally neutral. In every picture I've seen it appears to be slightly closed...

i'm still wanting someone to tell me i can order one with an open face angle!