Post Your Ryoma Maxima Review Here!

it does appear very slightly closed at address compared to vspec but i still dont think it has a closed face angle since my misses are still going left.

Edited by gandor

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me the V is totally neutral. In every picture I've seen it appears to be slightly closed...

i got the type D and V yesterday. The 10.5 V was slightly closed, and the D was dead square. Not What I expected. It didn't effect ball flight though. I was hitting mid high straight balls to a slight power fade using a FUBUKI K. 60 S AND i am a right to left player with most driver setups. It hit much higher than the XV given the same loft.

Edited by driverhead

The face angle is prob square but the face and bulge makes it appear closed. I've seen them actual open yet looking closed as well. T can chime in here about this. Not sure if it's the case with your driver.

No warranty card with my two either.

I ordered the type V 8.5. It better damn well be square like it says.

Same thing happened with the EGG 7. Ordered it and thing thing is closed. Can't use it. Hooks all day long.

I'm getting from the reviews that Maxima is higher launching compare to V-Spec. I have experienced V-Spec 9.5 is low launch that I had to switch to 10.5. Interested in getting Maxima Type D now. Should I stick with 10.5 or I'm ok to move back to 9.5?

I can confirm 10000% that the face angle is square. The Ryoma seller in Japan from where I bought the club confirms me. And it really is square because I hardly miss left and mostly right. My ball flight is slightly draw.

I'm getting from the reviews that Maxima is higher launching compare to V-Spec. I have experienced V-Spec 9.5 is low launch that I had to switch to 10.5. Interested in getting Maxima Type D now. Should I stick with 10.5 or I'm ok to move back to 9.5?

If you find the original V-Spec is a tad low, I think for the Maxima you can stay with 9.5. My 10.5 Type D does launch a bit higher than the original D1 10.5 but not ballooning sky high like some may allude to. If I had to put a loft to it, I'd say Maxima maybe flies 0.5 degree higher loft for loft.

Hope this helps some.

yeah definetely not ballooning! i hit my longest drive playing from the tips yesterday. the roll and ball flight is fantastic. i missed 2 fairways out of 12. one miss went under the tree and the other was just on the first cut. now i can finally confirm that this thing beats the vspec in every aspect.

No warranty card with my two either.

We are keeping all warranty cards on file for our customers. This is better so you don't have to worry about losing it.

Chris pretty much hit it on the dot.

The top line of the V is square but the bulge especially more visible in higher lofts makes it seem closed.

This bulge is essential to producing the gear effect that Ryoma which keeps the ball straight as possible.

These days simply laying a driver flat on its sole and holding the shaft is very difficult to judge the face angle due to the way the sole lies in many new drivers these days. The original Ryoma was very bad for this, the new Maxima is better as the sole doesn't have the huge weight bulge.

Got in a quick 9 holes w/ Type V 9.5 Crazy Boron.

Not gonna bore y'all with I hit it xxxx yards, blah blah blah...

-Blown away by how easy it is to hit the fairway.

-When u hit the screws, the "trampoline" effect is very noticeable

-Doesn't feel as good as T.388 or the Yam V203. Feels more dull like an aluminum baseball bat.

Best driver I hit this year. Two thumbs up!

Which flex did you get?

yeah definetely not ballooning! i hit my longest drive playing from the tips yesterday. the roll and ball flight is fantastic. i missed 2 fairways out of 12. one miss went under the tree and the other was just on the first cut. now i can finally confirm that this thing beats the vspec in every aspect.

Good to hear this from you Gandor as you are playing a very similar shaft in both. Congrats again. My WBQ 55 is in early next week and I really hope it works. Now I just gotta worry about the haze from neighboring plantations and hope it lets up.

Got in a quick 9 holes w/ Type V 9.5 Crazy Boron.

Not gonna bore y'all with I hit it xxxx yards, blah blah blah...

-Blown away by how easy it is to hit the fairway.

-When u hit the screws, the "trampoline" effect is very noticeable

-Doesn't feel as good as T.388 or the Yam V203. Feels more dull like an aluminum baseball bat.

Best driver I hit this year. Two thumbs up!

Howard great to hear! The whole idea of the Maxima is to keep the ball in play and without a doubt it is great at that. Feel wise the XV and T.388 are still the best (as well as the original 460ZR) for me but the Maxima is not bad.

i got the type D and V yesterday. The 10.5 V was slightly closed, and the D was dead square. Not What I expected. It didn't effect ball flight though. I was hitting mid high straight balls to a slight power fade using a FUBUKI K. 60 S AND i am a right to left player with most driver setups. It hit much higher than the XV given the same loft.

Edited by bogeydog

If it isn't going high wmclarenf1 why are you putting such a low/low shaft in it?

Get a life and grow up more beer. Shows how much you know about the shafts I mentioned.

And highER doesn't mean absolute high. And just because it is high for you means it high for all? Stop being the know it all. Gets boring quickly.

Really manly trying to mask under another user name.

If it isn't going high wmclarenf1 why are you putting such a low/low shaft in it?

Since when was the WBQ especially the 55 version a low/low shaft?

Mid kick, mid - mid/high trajectory and low spin. Of all the WBQ models this one flies the highest.