Post Your Ryoma Maxima Review Here!

I tried the LY02 6.7 (SR) and loss about 10 to 15 yards due to lack of club head speed. Changed back to FE 55R, my distance is back. Had my 3rd game with the maxima/FE combo and starting to like the head. 10.5* is a good launch but not ballooning.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At best 88mph or about 40ms.

I'm noticing for my swing lighter weight softer tip shafts in the Maxima fly high. So I've messed with going up in flex, tipping my flex, shortening the shaft and just trying a whole bunch of shafts. Going a flex up and tipping worked well along with heavier, stiffer tip shafts.

This driver has bombs in it no doubt but another thing I'm noticing is that some people who are coming off the 388, XV, RomaRo, & 435 needed to make a few adjustments for it's slightly more shallow face. The Maxima and the GS Mono 3D drivers are in the same boat but going from deep to less deep takes some time, could require a different shaft or spec.

10.5 Type V Crazy Black 50 7.4LS 45 inches D3 268CPM

My JBeam 425 Tour is out on loan to a TSG'er so wont get a chance to do a side by side for a couple weeks but this much I do know...

Its VERY VERY straight. I had no idea what a "forgiving" driver was until I hit this thing. I love the JBeam but mediocre swings get you exactly what you deserve...with the Type V mediocre swings give you much more than you deserve.

Don't think the Type V is as long as the 425 but its much easier to play. Course is soaked so no idea on the rollout.

Read the less than stellar reviews on sound and feel before receiving mine but was pleasantly surprised on both.

Lastly, the ball flight with this combo is medium high but easily brought down by lowering the tee height.

Will see how she holds up in the money match this weekend but after twenty or so holes its like my Vg3 irons...point and shoot.

I'm noticing for my swing lighter weight softer tip shafts in the Maxima fly high. So I've messed with going up in flex, tipping my flex, shortening the shaft and just trying a whole bunch of shafts. Going a flex up and tipping worked well along with heavier, stiffer tip shafts. This driver has bombs in it no doubt but another thing I'm noticing is that some people who are coming off the 388, XV, RomaRo, & 435 needed to make a few adjustments for it's slightly more shallow face. The Maxima and the GS Mono 3D drivers are in the same boat but going from deep to less deep takes some time, could require a different shaft or spec.

I've been and still am playing with the 435 for quite a while. No big adjustment needed for me with the Maxima and pretty much plug and play. I do find that because the Maxima has 1/8 inch shallower face (I measured them), teeing the ball just a hair lower helps but no big changes needed in setup, swing, ball position needed. Clubs have to fit to my swing, not vice versa.

Edited by wmclarenf1

I've played the Maxima type G (10.5) for a couple of rounds now with a Crazy CB 46 6.7 at 45 inches. I shot a 73 and 75 today and wanted to give my feedback on the Maxima. Whats great about this club is that it's definitely forgiving,straight, and the carry is much better. Whats not so great is that the distance and roll is just average. I didnt gain any yardage from then Maxima at all. At first I thought the ball flight was way too high and limited the roll. I lowered the ball flight by reducing the head weight from 200g to 195g. The ball flight is now more penetrating, but the roll is still limited. If your looking for distance, I don't think this is a real game changer. I've played the v-spec, premia, and tileist 910 d3 and the distance on these three drivers are the same as the Maxima. If you are looking for consistency and straight then this is an awesome driver.

I think problem for you is with the shaft. I did gain quite a significant distance from Maxima. On avg the Maxima is the furthest and also most forgiving. BUT I also find that the t388 if on center hit is about 15 yards further than the maxima. The Maxima for me, I find it a forgiving, easy to hit with great distance and roll.

I think problem for you is with the shaft. I did gain quite a significant distance from Maxima. On avg the Maxima is the furthest and also most forgiving. BUT I also find that the t388 if on center hit is about 15 yards further than the maxima. The Maxima for me, I find it a forgiving, easy to hit with great distance and roll.

you gained quite a significant distance with the maxima...and the t388 is still 15yds longer!!!???

Yes. The t388 is scary long but only on center hit. Getting dead center hit on t388 isn't easy. The maxima is long even in off center hits. I carried the Maxima avg 280 yards but the t388 (when struck well) goes beyond 290 yards. The t388 also needs minor swing adjustment but the Maxima is only tee the ball and hit.

Edited by jimmieboi

The longest driver in the world is....

The one with the proper head, shaft combo & specs for your swing.

I've had alone time with many drivers and many shafts. Every driver can be longer than the other if built for you.

so guys, after couple of weeks hitting & tweaking, my question is : is the maxima worth buying if one already has the vspec ? Is the additional roll, extra yards & forgiveness worth the upgrade ?

Yes. The t388 is scary long but only on center hit. Getting dead center hit on t388 isn't easy. The maxima is long even in off center hits. I carried the Maxima avg 280 yards but the t388 (when struck well) goes beyond 290 yards. The t388 also needs minor swing adjustment but the Maxima is only tee the ball and hit.

if this is the case i need to start looking for comparisons of the t388 against the 435!

so guys, after couple of weeks hitting & tweaking, my question is : is the maxima worth buying if one already has the vspec ? Is the additional roll, extra yards & forgiveness worth the upgrade ?

Channa, I will have another 27 holes in with the Maxima by end this week. Will post my thoughts and give my perspective to some of your questions.

I have the V spec, Premia and Maxima Type V. If you feel that the V spec doesn't roll as much, had a closed face angle at set up, not very forgiving and struggle against the wind.....then you will feel a tremendous difference in the Type V. If I were to choose just one driver, t388 or Type V, it would be the Type V. The avg distance gain and forgiveness is just unbeatable.

Channa, I will have another 27 holes in with the Maxima by end this week. Will post my thoughts and give my perspective to some of your questions.

sweet. Thks

I've gone from having the standard Ryoma D-1 as my gamer for 2 years to the Maxima. The Maxima is even more forgiving and feels and sounds better.

Sunday night before heading out for my round Monday morning, I looked at all the drivers I had to choose from (I keep a few of the best drivers handy at home (^_^)) and and I immediately chose the Maxima.

I hadn't played as much as I would like lately and my most feared club is the driver. I need all the forgiveness I can get so the Maxima always finds its way into the bag as its ease of use is unrivaled. Even bad shots go straight and pretty far and yesterday's round which saw me with erratic ball striking with the driver, still had me with every drive in the fairway. I can't ask for anything more than that.

See my strike pattern below... not a good day as I was up and down the face but every one landed in the fairway in a position for me to attack the green on the second shot.

What amazes me is even when I catch it low or high on the face, I don't lose much distance. I think its because while the Ryoma has obvious bulge, the roll on the face is much less evident.

post-8383-0-95545400-1372742092.jpg

One of our customers Doyle just emailed me. He competed in one of the stages of the regional qualifiers for the Remax World Long Drive championship last week and won the Senior Division (55 years and older).

<table> <thead> <tr> <th style="border-bottom-width:0px;border-bottom-style:none;padding:5px;background-image:none;background-color:rgb(0,0,0);border-right-width:0px;color:rgb(255,255,255);width:124px;background-repeat:repeat repeat"> Division</th> <th style="border-bottom-width:0px;border-bottom-style:none;padding:5px;background-image:none;background-color:rgb(0,0,0);border-right-width:0px;color:rgb(255,255,255);background-repeat:repeat repeat"> First Name</th> <th style="border-bottom-width:0px;border-bottom-style:none;padding:5px;background-image:none;background-color:rgb(0,0,0);border-right-width:0px;color:rgb(255,255,255);background-repeat:repeat repeat"> Last Name</th> <th style="border-bottom-width:0px;border-bottom-style:none;padding:5px;background-image:none;background-color:rgb(0,0,0);border-right-width:0px;color:rgb(255,255,255);width:57px;background-repeat:repeat repeat"> Distance</th> <th style="border-bottom-width:0px;border-bottom-style:none;padding:5px;background-image:none;background-color:rgb(0,0,0);border-right-width:0px;color:rgb(255,255,255);background-repeat:repeat repeat"> Place</th> <th style="border-bottom-width:0px;border-bottom-style:none;padding:5px;background-image:none;background-color:rgb(0,0,0);border-right-width:0px;color:rgb(255,255,255);width:258px;background-repeat:repeat repeat"> Advanced To</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody style="border-top-width:1px;border-top-style:solid;border-top-color:rgb(204,204,204)"> <tr style="background-color:rgb(238,238,238);border-bottom-width:1px;border-bottom-style:solid;border-bottom-color:rgb(204,204,204);padding:0.1em 0.6em"> <td style="padding:5px;vertical-align:top;width:124px"> Open Division</td> <td style="padding:5px;vertical-align:top"> Kyle</td> <td style="padding:5px;vertical-align:top"> Bronson</td> <td style="padding:5px;vertical-align:top;width:57px"> 391 yds</td> <td style="padding:5px;vertical-align:top"> 1st</td> <td style="padding:5px;vertical-align:top;width:258px"> Eagle Bend Golf Course</td> </tr> <tr style="background-color:rgb(238,238,238);border-bottom-width:1px;border-bottom-style:solid;border-bottom-color:rgb(204,204,204);padding:0.1em 0.6em"> <td style="padding:5px;vertical-align:top;width:124px"> Senior Division</td> <td style="padding:5px;vertical-align:top"> Doyle</td> <td style="padding:5px;vertical-align:top"> Wilson</td> <td style="padding:5px;vertical-align:top;width:57px"> 363 yds</td> <td style="padding:5px;vertical-align:top"> 1st</td> <td style="padding:5px;vertical-align:top;width:258px"> Eagle Bend Golf Course</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

He used a Maxima V 8.5*!!

First of all, kudos to Doyle but that's not bad for you too, A with a driver and 52. I would be lucky to reach (down wind) that with my maxima and 9 or even a 8 irons.

Have a couple rounds in with my Maxima Type-D. Previously gaming the Crazy 435 II. Also have a Ryoma D-1 V-spec. Maxima wins out for me by far in forgiveness and, surprisingly, feel. Distance seemed to be on par. Trajectory is definitely at least 0.5* higher which I like. All drivers have the same 10.5* loft since I am a low ball hitter. I can't see the Maxima leaving my bag.

363! Bloody hell! That's driver and 52 for me to match him! Congrats to him please!

Don't forget too, that is the Senior Division. If I am not mistaken Doyle is just over 60... amazing!

Can you imagine that getting Doyle on my (senior) scramble foursome?