Used MR-23

jinjuwooa

What would you guys say is a good price for used MR-23's CB, in very good shape? ie no major gouges, used for one season, just normal wear, rate about a 9/10. 600?, 700?, 800?

Hard to say how you rate wear on clubs. If they are scratched up and have some nicks, I'd say $550 maybe. That would be for 3-PW.

What would you guys say is a good price for used MR-23's CB, in very good shape? ie no major gouges, used for one season, just normal wear, rate about a 9/10. 600?, 700?, 800?

Hard to say how you rate wear on clubs. If they are scratched up and have some nicks, I'd say $550 maybe. That would be for 3-PW.

Faq, here are some pics, being sold on ebay, I'm negotiating right now. Let me know what you think, or any additional thoughts from anyone else would be appreciated. Thanks

94_1.JPG

a4_1.JPG

Faq, here are some pics, being sold on ebay, I'm negotiating right now. Let me know what you think, or any additional thoughts from anyone else would be appreciated. Thanks

They look pretty nice. It's hard to tell from photos, but if you trust the guy, and you want them... Personally I might go as high as $700 maybe a little more if I really wanted them. There aren't going to be any more of these. You have to decide how much they are worth to you. You can always get them refinished too!

Yeah, I'd say about $600 tops. My clubfitter has some wild connections and managed to get 2 sets of the "Japan only" models into Canada. They are about $1100 Cdn. brand new still in the wrap. And they look clean from the top along with a nice bounce angle. I don't think Bridgestone is too happy about those clubs making it north of the border.... ;blacky

Yeah, I'd say about $600 tops. My clubfitter has some wild connections and managed to get 2 sets of the "Japan only" models into Canada. They are about $1100 Cdn. brand new still in the wrap. And they look clean from the top along with a nice bounce angle. I don't think Bridgestone is too happy about those clubs making it north of the border.... ;blacky

Bridgestone dont care really if a few sets go here or there especially if its for a customer. If its a bulk order for a shop then they have a problem but ive spoken with many there on this subject and its Ok.

Bridgestone dont care really if a few sets go here or there especially if its for a customer. If its a bulk order for a shop then they have a problem but ive spoken with many there on this subject and its Ok.

I suppose these will no longer be made? These are then very hard to come by, would this be true?

MR23 CBs U.S Spec haven't been made for quite some time now. Only 1500 were made and sold out pretty quick. If your lucky you can find them new for 700 in Japan. If your lucky.

Does anyone have these irons top line pic?

Here you go. From Left to Right... MR-23 U.S. Spec Blade, MR-23 Cavity Back and on the right, Z101.

ironssetup1.jpg

I suppose these will no longer be made? These are then very hard to come by, would this be true?

well, in any given week you can find a set on Ebay, here or other sites...

$700 is a good price for a good, decent set, new are close to 1k, more than that I think is too much...but others may differ. Note that you will most likely need to adjust the set to your specs.

Very nice FAQ , thanks for posting that pic.

One question . I am unable to tell from the pic , which club has the most offset and which one has the least .? And in which order if you could on down .

Thanks .

I think the Z's and the MR-23 CB's are about equal. The chrome finish on the Z's makes it hard to see the offset correctly. The MR-23 Muscle Backs have the least offset.

The only spec I have is for the MR-23's Muscle Backs as far as offset. Here they are...

3----4----5----6----7----8----9----PW

4.15 4.15 4.45 4.45 4.45 4.75 5.25 5.25

One question . I am unable to tell from the pic , which club has the most offset and which one has the least .? And in which order if you could on down .

Thanks .

I think the Z's and the MR-23 CB's are about equal. The chrome finish on the Z's makes it hard to see the offset correctly. The MR-23 Muscle Backs have the least offset.

The only spec I have is for the MR-23's Muscle Backs as far as offset. Here they are...

Hmmm , now I'm really :? Just took a look at some prior info you had sent me about the 101's . Now according to that or it maybe the way I'm reading it the blades have more offset than the 101's :?

Here is the info you sent me a long time ago :)

Unit 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 PW

Offset (mm) 3.5 3.5 3.5 2.5 2.5 2.5 1.5 1.5 1.5

Now if I have this ass backwards let me know so I can stop making a fool of myself :lol:

Thanks

Mike

Thanks .

Hmmm , now I'm really :? Just took a look at some prior info you had sent me about the 101's . Now according to that or it maybe the way I'm reading it the blades have more offset than the 101's :?

Here is the info you sent me a long time ago :)

Unit 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 PW

Offset (mm) 3.5 3.5 3.5 2.5 2.5 2.5 1.5 1.5 1.5

Now if I have this ass backwards let me know so I can stop making a fool of myself :lol:

Thanks

Mike

Mike: I just checked those documents and that's what they say allright. I think it's the way they are measuring the difference in regard to a progressive offset. They are measuring the total offset from the start while the Z's offset is measured in difference. That makes sense. It's less than one Millimeter difference. Maybe someone could shed a little better explanation than I did on these numbers.

it seems to my eye that the -23cbs have a touch more offset (sorry bout the quality of the pic but you can definitely see the difference)

the -23's also look a bit more playable in the sense that they have a more cambered sole but the bounce looks similar to the Z's.

So the 202's are on the left and the Z's are on the right. I'm looking at the topline to tell. Is that correct?

it seems to my eye that the -23cbs have a touch more offset (sorry bout the quality of the pic but you can definitely see the difference)

the -23's also look a bit more playable in the sense that they have a more cambered sole but the bounce looks similar to the Z's.

So the 202's are on the left and the Z's are on the right. I'm looking at the topline to tell. Is that correct?

oops...the -23's are on the left, z's on the rt. sorry bout that.

i'm going by the 7i's leading edges to judge the offset.