26 members have voted

1. 1. Lexus vs Mercedes Benz

• I like Lexus Better!
    • Mercedes makes the Better Auto!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh.... I'll have one of those. Each new Porsche Turbo S is a guaranteed purchase sight unseen. For me, they're the Maruyama wedges of cars..... makes me wonder why I drive anything else.

Oh.... I'll have one of those. Each new Porsche Turbo S is a guaranteed purchase sight unseen. For me, they're the Maruyama wedges of cars..... makes me wonder why I drive anything else.

They are calling in people with allocations this week to spec out the cars for a jan-feb delivery date. GT3 or Turbo S? Or wait for GT2 or RS?

Turbo S, least hassle, most options come stock, I really loved the alcantara interior on the last model. Surprising considering you would think a naturally aspirated engine would develop less problems, but besides a few flats I've never had any serious issues with any 911 turbo or turbo S I've ever owned, one of my mates had the gt3(not the rs) from a couple of years back and had quite a few issues, car sounded fantastic though. Have never known anyone with the gt2(or the rs) I honestly don't think I've ever even seen one on the road.

• 2 weeks later...

Turbo S, least hassle, most options come stock, I really loved the alcantara interior on the last model. Surprising considering you would think a naturally aspirated engine would develop less problems, but besides a few flats I've never had any serious issues with any 911 turbo or turbo S I've ever owned, one of my mates had the gt3(not the rs) from a couple of years back and had quite a few issues, car sounded fantastic though. Have never known anyone with the gt2(or the rs) I honestly don't think I've ever even seen one on the road.

Yes alcantara + carbon is sooo pure.

My pal traded his GT3 997 for an RS and the RS is just too race for me. Not a car I would want to go to dinner in. It's track.

I'm considering trading in the maz for a new turbo (non S), it won't get the the same looks but it's superior in every way i think. How do you think an offspec color like Ferrari's rosso corsa red would look? I think better than the guards red Porsche offers it's either that or black.

I'm considering trading in the maz for a new turbo (non S), it won't get the the same looks but it's superior in every way i think.

Without a doubt. Not too sure which GT yours is but I tested the GTS (I think that's the moniker it went by) 4.7 a while back and it drove nice as you would want a GT to but one would also like some grunt on demand and it was somewhat lacking in that department. Its a prettier car than the 911 though. I'd do it if I were you.

Your in Vegas though right? Lots of interesting places to drive a bit faster than would normally be prudent, turbo would be fun there.... No preference as to Ferrari red vs. Guards red, I like both, think they both look good, Ill only buy black or red autos, just the only colors that I really enjoy, though my first 911 was white with a brick red interior, some loved it, others hated it, I thought it looked awesome.

• 2 years later...

gonna bump the thread, since i am a lexus fanboy :)

especially with a family, the reliability and comfort is second to none. also the excellent service.. had the gs and looking at the '16 rx

Me too I love Lexas, I also love Merc.

I've had the GS F Sport & LS F Sport latest models and the ONLY reason I dumped them was because F-Sport breaks squeak and Lexus can't fix the issue. Moved to an S550 and loved it, then moved to an X5 V8 for the kiddo and it's alright.

• 2 weeks later...

Me too I love Lexas, I also love Merc.

I've had the GS F Sport & LS F Sport latest models and the ONLY reason I dumped them was because F-Sport breaks squeak and Lexus can't fix the issue. Moved to an S550 and loved it, then moved to an X5 V8 for the kiddo and it's alright.

Tell me more of your thoughts on the X5. I was on the fence over the X5M (yes, I've been having a hard time figuring out what I want) but got sucked back in by the AMG and just bought an E63. The X5M is on my list for next year so I'm still curious.

RCF is a machine, looks great in Blue Gem

4970cc

350kw

5L V8 Direct VVTI

Torque vectoring diff

Carbon fibre part construct

Sonar detection

ETC

More power than a landcruiser Sahara and 1200 kg lighter.

• 1 month later...

Tell me more of your thoughts on the X5. I was on the fence over the X5M (yes, I've been having a hard time figuring out what I want) but got sucked back in by the AMG and just bought an E63. The X5M is on my list for next year so I'm still curious.

I like the car a lot especially the power but everything is not nearly as intuitive as Mercs are, In the past I also had an ML and Caynne and I think overall Mercedes just feel smoother, the gadgets and placements seem to make more sense. For BMW custom coding is required to make it play like a merc but I dont have time for that.

Im eyeing the new E63 Estate wagon once it releases, I like SUVs a lot though. Im not going to be living in the states for a while so my car is sitting and Im blessed not to have to think about a new one as I have a very bad habit of taking a hit due to switching to frequently.

oh yes and I want the new ford raptor as well, I had a fully modded raptor in the past and of every car ive had it made me the most happy.

Merc and BMW actually share technological advances with Toyoda in return for material advancement in engines and structure also production line technologies.

in the Lexus super cars engine sound and tuning is in collaboration with non other than Yamaha who also share materials for this service.

They are all good for one reason or another IMO its just down to preference and what you feel comfortable in.

I just like JDM quality

I like Italiano gusto

I like German power tools ya!

Edited by hutchy

Best car we ever had was a long wheel base 140 series Merc, had it for 10 years, travelled allover Australia in it, wife loved that car. Still have a 75 450 SE, my go to golf car and had a few other Mercs, CLK500 which went pretty well. Like Mercs, not really fussed on Lexus but the new Mercs have lost their individuality, their pizzaz has gone. So much so that our next purchase after looking through all the SUV's on the market is a Porsche Cayenne, delivered in 3 weeks. The dealer experience is also like none I have experienced before, walked in in shorts and a polo and treated like a king.