hybrids and driving irons question

TauBetaPi

Hi all,

I am getting a set of mp-69 and looking for some penetrating flights with stopping ability, and forgiveness for 2 to 4 iron. I am playing in heavy wind condition in the afternoon and the ONOFF hybrids with roddio shaft are good clubs but the wind really knocked them down hard. I have some success with my good old mp-29 3-iron recently. After talking to Tario, he suggested the following to replace the longer irons. Anyone has experience with following clubs? By the way, I do not like offset and my last club builder suggested no offset due to my dead pull. Welcome all suggestions....

The Z-UTI http://www.tourspecg...roducts_id=4545

i-Brid http://www.tourspecg...roducts_id=4281

Zero iron

http://www.tourspecg...roducts_id=3424

I haven't used either of those but I do use driving irons instead of a 3i and 4i. Love the extra bit of meat behind the face that the driving irons have compared to irons. I used to use Adams Pro Golds but could pull them on occasion. Very rarely pull these driving irons. I would like to try the ibrids out though. They look like a nice compromise between the 2.

Out of the ones that have been recommended to you I like the look of the Srixon.

Man, that Yonex looks sweet. Might have to try that vs. my Cally X-Proto's... ;=]

The ibrid looks so good. I think I'm gonna get them too. Didn't know this thing exist.

jimmieboi - looking at your signature you already have a small golf shops worth of gear to play with!!!

I haven't seen the Srixon up close, but I play the Yonex in 18*, and I've held the very nice Fourteen.

How do you like the Yonex?

The i-brids rock… Would agree that the ONOFFs can get highish. The 17* iBrid shoots low lasers, the 20* and 23* can get some air but more penetrating than the ONOFF.

Ordered the Yonex 18*. Looking forward to it.

RIDuffer,

What shaft do you have in those ibird? How's the spin? What shaft do you have in your ONOFF?

RIDuffer,

What shaft do you have in those ibird? How's the spin? What shaft do you have in your ONOFF?

In the ONOFF I have Roddio i10X and in the iBrids I have Attas Hybrid 85X.

Spin is pretty good with both, can get low bullets with the iBrids with good roll out or higher shots with some stopping power in the i3 and i4, but the i2 is reserved for low bullets...

Not sure if this qualifies as JDM, but I have a 24 deg Mizuno MP Fli Hi which I really like the feel in comparison to

Yonex Zero and Epon AF901 that I used to have. Mizuno has a more solid feel and not as hollow feeling. Stock Project X shaft keeps the ball lower as well.

As a 3 iron replacement, I have a 21 deg Adams Idea Pro VST with a Diamana Thump shaft which really keeps the trajectory low. Highly recommended.