HTD GXS shaft in V-Foil Driver ?

Ribellu

I just received and try on the course and at the range a new driver : Mc Gregor V Foil 350cc, 9.5* with a Harmon Tour Design GXS shaft (length 44.5").

I really like the way it feels, way better than the stock shaft (I also have a 11* 410cc V Foil with a reg stock shaft I find way too light)but even if I seem to hit it better, with more control, it appears to be as short as my 3 wood (more or less 210 yards) and definitely shorter than the 410cc.

My swing speed is around 90/95 mph, with a quick tempo and I am a high capper.

What could explain the relative shortness ? The flex : stiff vs reg ? The shorter club : 44.5" vs 45" ? The loft : 9.5* vs 11* ? The flex point : mid/high vs low ?

Does the same shaft with a Reg flex give the same feedback with a longer ball ?

Does it make sense to put this shaft, eventually in Reg, in the 410cc head ?

Since I am a total tech newbie, all advices would be welcome. :lol:

Thx

Ribellu I can bet that with this shaft you are hitting it pretty low. The shaft might be too stiff and heavyt for you. Also this is a couterbalanced shaft so you might need to weigh down your clubhead to bring it back to your normal swingweight as they put all the weight at the top of the shaft. I would try one of their new shafts the CB60 or CB65 in regular flex they are a lighter shaft and it will get it up higher to get your distance.

You simply don't have the swingspeed to power a 9.5* with a mid 70g stiff shaft. A softer flex in your 11* might be the ticket (the 70g range may be good for your tempo).