Crazy labomba shaft snapped help!!!

Robb40

I purchased this from another member on this site today it's snapped or really cracked at the bottom. Please tell me there is a warranty on this thing

post-13725-0-51797300-1373841074.jpg

Edited by Robb40

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please move this to discussion area. Sorry

Figures. Last $725 shaft I will buy. Club was not abused. Just normal use. A 1 time pull should not be that weak in the tip

Well if their tips are that weak then I am done. Never had that trouble with other brands. I am a 6 handicap so it's not like I live on the heel of my driver.

Those crazy shafts, especially the lightweight ones are great performing shafts but pull at your own peril, I was shocked at the thinness of the tip section, some repeated high heat and strain would definitely put the tip at considerable risk !

Such a shame, killer combo for me. Now I am shaft hunting

why are people assuming it had anything to do with a pull? crazy has seen a few shafts snap under normal conditions, one of mine included, so i'm more inclined to look for a defect before owner misuse.

I bought it from a fellow Tsg member who has nice gear. If you saw the shaft it is splintered almost 8 or 9 inches long. I have never had a shaft to do this

why are people assuming it had anything to do with a pull? crazy has seen a few shafts snap under normal conditions, one of mine included, so i'm more inclined to look for a defect before owner misuse.

Im commenting that crazy shafts have thinnish tips, and a pull does make the shaft a bit weaker than a non-pull.....just an observation, not a blame game

Pic added to post. Unreal. I have never had this happen.

because the reality is that shaft manufacturers dont design them to be pulled and re-installed repeatedly and the cause is almost always has something to do with a pull. i know that sux and its not the reality people want to hear because majority of pulls do just fine but everyone dealing with graphite pulls has to realize there is always risk involved.

Pic added to post. Unreal. I have never had this happen.

so what were the circumstances?

Your telling me one pull by former owner and then installed into my 435 should cause this. Sorry don't agree. 2 or 3 pulls I could see the tip section weakening but not 1 pull. I have tried many other shafts and this is a first. No way this should be even remotely normal for a $725 shaft.

You keep mentioning the fact that it's a 725.00 shaft, but that in reality probly has something to do with the reason the Crazy's can be fragile, the more expensive High Mod carbon is more glassy which also makes it more fragile.... I've broken lots of shafts, I've actually never snapped or cracked a Crazy(knock on wood), but I did buy my brother a CB80 LS Noir in a softer flex(6.9) a while back, and it broke on the 2nd or 3rd swing... The softer flexes are more fragile than the stiffer and people with steeper swings in there woods definitely have more of a chance of breakage, with a more fragile shaft, that chance of breakage is multiplied.

hey guys. i am the owner of the LY02 shaft. i am not the original owner, purchased a combo from a friend

who was the original owner of the shaft. i purchased him driver combo w the shaft. i kept the head and i

pulled the shaft as crazies dont work for me. it has been pulled once.

did the tip just snap ( clean snap above the ferrule?) from the pics it looks like it shattered. there is a difference.

Edited by Spoon

Spoon it shattered. Shaft is still in the head but it was like a tiny bomb went off inside

Could this be due to poor skills pulling of the driver?? I pulled Black 46 3 times already on and off and now it's still good in t388. I don't think the Crazy shaft could be that fragile?!? To see a 725USD break like that is just painful.

Spoon it shattered. Shaft is still in the head but it was like a tiny bomb went off inside

Usually poor pulling of shafts will weaken the tip and result in the tip snapping

Along the ferrule line.

Can more guys that had this happen to them chime in?

Edited by Spoon

If a Crazy shaft breaks, 100% of the time it is a clean breakage or snap above the ferrule/socket. This can be due to a miss hit or excessive pressure on the neck.

Splintering like that or cracking in numerous places up the shaft is not typical Crazy breakage as a matter of a fact this is the first time I have seen it. It appears more to be mishandling or perhaps damage during shipping ie pressure or weight on the shaft during transit?

Any graphite shaft that breaks from pulling of the shaft will result in a break along the ferrule and usually in a horizontal direction. Splintering of graphite shafts most often occurs when the shaft is tipped improperly. In this case it does not appear the shaft was tipped. The only conclusion is that damage occurred during transport. If the shaft was weighted down at the site of the splinter the shaft would then break during the next time pressure was applied to the site.