Crazy labomba shaft snapped help!!!

Robb40

This shaft wasn't originally purchased from TSG. I think spoon picked it up from a friend in PI who bought it from a shop in PI.

I've probably had like 20+ crazy shafts. A couple I have pulled more than 6 times. Many pulled more than 3 times. 0 have broken on me.

Here's the thing, we know some shops in Japan that never see Crazy breakage yet move many many shafts. Per the amount of shafts TSG sells the breakage rate is higher than normal. We know its not the swing speed of international players and that most likely Its usually the club maker or shipping or the players context about how he care for his/her clubs.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the info. I guess for me the bottom line is this was a killer combo for me. I am bummed out big time. I want to keep the 435 but I am very skeptical about trying another crazy on the used market. I rarely buy anything new. I guess I will go back to other makers that have been good to me in past. Oban Kiyoshi and Fubuki k have been solid so I guess that's where I am headed. This has definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. I have tried other shafts that have been pulled numerous times and never had this problem. Not worth the risk to try another crazy at retail or used.

Hi robb, real sorry To hear about this! From the history of the shaft described by C. It appears this has been pulled at least twice and you dont know how it was pulled in terms of heat condition and whether it was a straight pull in all instances. That said, the fracturing you have experienced is very strange and which C and akapur have provided possible explanations for.

But what has happened has happened and this IS your best combo. Although you mention you never buy new, as this combo is proven for you, I would suggest you get a new crazy in the same model and flex and build it to the same length and SW weight. It costs more than a used shaft of course BUT this IS your monster combo which works. Also if anything else happens, as it is new and you will have the warranty card, if anything happens, C or T (if bought from TSG) I am sure will assist with warranty service.

Getting another brand and model could work and even be better. Never know till you try but that can be even more expensive. with crazy, you know which crazy works and there is no more guess work and no experimentation cost.

Just a thought and again sorry you are going through this. I know it ain't fun.

Edited by wmclarenf1

Warren thanks for the reply. Believe me I am at war inside as to what I should do next. I have another driver I plan to game for a while to give me some time to think about things. There is one dealer online that has the Quadra Wbq for $447. Not cheap but I have heard great things about this combo from Chiromikey.

Hi

The shaft was not pulled twice or thrice. It was pulled once from the driver i acquired

From a friend. This friend got the shaft brand new.

As the combo dint work i pulled shaft ( first pull) and Decided to try another shaft in the head.

Hope this info helps. Thanks

So this shaft was only pulled wants before I got it. I had it installed into my Jbeam 435 Where it stayed until it shattered. There was no way I was going to pull the shaft because the combo was killer for me.

Hi robb, real sorry To hear about this! From the history of the shaft described by C. It appears this has been pulled at least twice and you dont know how it was pulled in terms of heat condition and whether it was a straight pull in all instances. That said, the fracturing you have experienced is very strange and which C and akapur have provided possible explanations for.

But what has happened has happened and this IS your best combo. Although you mention you never buy new, as this combo is proven for you, I would suggest you get a new crazy in the same model and flex and build it to the same length and SW weight. It costs more than a used shaft of course BUT this IS your monster combo which works. Also if anything else happens, as it is new and you will have the warranty card, if anything happens, C or T (if bought from TSG) I am sure will assist with warranty service.

Getting another brand and model could work and even be better. Never know till you try but that can be even more expensive. with crazy, you know which crazy works and there is no more guess work and no experimentation cost.

Just a thought and again sorry you are going through this. I know it ain't fun.

I think Warren is correct that what has happened has happened. It is very unfortunate that the shaft broke and Robb40 you have lost your investment and are now hesitant to go with a shaft that has worked well for you. Please don't let this sour you on a combo that works well for you.

So this shaft was only pulled wants before I got it. I had it installed into my Jbeam 435 Where it stayed until it shattered. There was no way I was going to pull the shaft because the combo was killer for me.

Yup it was a one time pull.

This along with the crazy boron shaft was one of my last experiments with crazy shafts.

I'm going to agree with Warren on this.... You KNOW that this shaft works for you, you could grab that Quadra and then hate it, then try something else and hate that. Finding the right wood shaft(s) isn't always easy, don't let this one freak accident sour you on something you would otherwise love, everyone gets unlucky now and again, just gotta keep moving forward mate.

Yup willing to give you a very good deal on a new boron and one with a warranty if thats what you want.

Chris

That is a very nice offer. You guys always find ways to make the customer feel appreciated!!

Chris,

How does the boron profile compare to the labomba ly03 7.2 flex that I had? Thank you in advance for the effort.

Edited by Robb40

When my cb46 snapped at the butt, I was sad cos that was the killer combo for me on the romaro 460hx

Many reasons can tantamount to the crazy shafts breaking

Robb, why dun u move on and get a exact same shaft

But I strongly urge u to contact crazy Japan and explain what happened

I'm sure they will give u a good and satisfactory reply.

I got my satisfactory reply and I am sticking to crazy shafts on my clubs

In fact I wan to fully convert to crazy shafts for all my clubs

Hi Robb you should really try another crazy shaft. They are awesome.

I been to crazy factory service is awesome. Give it a try mate. its worth it.

I would like to try another crazy but I am having a hard time justifying the expense. There are so many great shafts out there for less than half of the Crazy brand. I love this head but I want to be certain about my next move. I definitely will not buy another used Crazy with no warranty. No way.

Remove the grip and check whats inside

At the butt area

What will that achieve? To see if it has the crazy sticker with the serial number? I believe crazy has terms and conditions that honor warranty for the original buyer only so even if it has the crazy sticker, crazy is not obligated to honour it and this shaft has been halfway around the world and then some. If crazy does anything, it'll be out if goodwill and hence sticker or not is immaterial. That said it will help to veritfy authenticity if crazy acts on goodwill.

I am just suggesting to him to pass crazy Japan the serial number. Describe to them what happened.

And let them decide what to do

Personally I sent my broken shaft to them on their request

And I must say I am very happy on how they deal with the situation and make their customer happy. And of the I am happy about the outcome of the whole ordeal I suffered

Edited by Romaro-Slut

I am just suggesting to him to pass crazy Japan the serial number. Describe to them what happened. And let them decide what to do Personally I sent my broken shaft to them on their request And I must say I am very happy on how they deal with the situation and make their customer happy. And of the I am happy about the outcome of the whole ordeal I suffered

That is what I had to deduce you meant as you did not originally mention the reason for checking under the grip.

This would be a nothing-to-lose course of action but I am just highlighting that Crazy may not be required to honor the warranty as Robb is not the original buyer, and we and Crazy do not know how the shaft was pulled apart from hearsay and also how it was shipped apart from hearsay. The shaft MAY also be out of the warranty period... BUT.... there is nothing to lose in trying this.

You may have got a good outcome and we are happy to hear that. You may have bought the shaft new as a first owner and the shaft claim may have been within the warranty period. Circumstances likely are very different to Robb's and it may not be fair to expect a manufacturer to honor its warranty blindly. If they do, and as I suggested already, it will be out of good will, not obligation.

Edited by wmclarenf1

I have an absolute plethora of Crazy shafts. Some bought new, some used.

To be honest, I have lost count of the number of times they have been pulled, re used etc. Some more than a dozen times.

Some of these Crazy shafts have seen more action than mine.

The only one I have ever had break was in my Crazy 435. My top dog and I had never touched it. Bought it secomd hand and it just snapped. But this was after much, much use.

I have no complaints.

You just cant beat bad luck and I would say based on my experience, it is unlikely to happen again.

That is what I had to deduce you meant as you did not originally mention the reason for checking under the grip.

This would be a nothing-to-lose course of action but I am just highlighting that Crazy may not be required to honor the warranty as Robb is not the original buyer, and we and Crazy do not know how the shaft was pulled apart from hearsay and also how it was shipped apart from hearsay. The shaft MAY also be out of the warranty period... BUT.... there is nothing to lose in trying this.

You may have got a good outcome and we are happy to hear that. You may have bought the shaft new as a first owner and the shaft claim may have been within the warranty period. Circumstances likely are very different to Robb's and it may not be fair to expect a manufacturer to honor its warranty blindly. If they do, and as I suggested already, it will be out of good will, not obligation.

Exactly my point. Since he has nothing to lose

A lot of tour pros never change shafts. When they find on that works, they stick with it. Tiger, Rory, etc. if you have found a shaft that works for you, it would be crazy, and more expensive in the long run, to try anything else. Spend the bucks, get a new one under warranty, and keep blasting that ball down the fairway.

Mob,

I understand your point about that. This was a great combo for me BUT I have not tried any other shaft in this head. Truth is I played last night with a borrowed Ping Anser 9.5 with an Ahina 70 stiff. It was my home course so I know where the Jbeam was stopping. On several drives the ping was only 10 yards or so short of the Jbeam. Now I want those 10 yards back and the Jbeam could be more than 10 yards as our fairways where finally quicker than they have been all season ( more roll). But I am not convinced that an Oban Kiyoshi, Fubuki K or a Miyazaki Kusala white would not yield the same distance. In terms of feel I could care less because the Crazy was not the best feeling in this head either. I am just not sold that the Crazy shaft is yielding more distance in this head than any other top brand at a third of its price. if I could get a great deal on a new Crazy with a warranty then I would have to consider that but we all know $650 to $700 is my reality and that is just too much to invest in this driver. Now 2 months from now if I am flipping shaft after shaft then I will concede that the Crazy was the way to go. I got to believe that if Tiger,Rory or Phil did not buy into the quality of GD,Fubuki etc then they would have another shaft in their club.