Crazy labomba shaft snapped help!!!

Robb40

Mob,

I understand your point about that. This was a great combo for me BUT I have not tried any other shaft in this head. Truth is I played last night with a borrowed Ping Anser 9.5 with an Ahina 70 stiff. It was my home course so I know where the Jbeam was stopping. On several drives the ping was only 10 yards or so short of the Jbeam. Now I want those 10 yards back and the Jbeam could be more than 10 yards as our fairways where finally quicker than they have been all season ( more roll). But I am not convinced that an Oban Kiyoshi, Fubuki K or a Miyazaki Kusala white would not yield the same distance. In terms of feel I could care less because the Crazy was not the best feeling in this head either. I am just not sold that the Crazy shaft is yielding more distance in this head than any other top brand at a third of its price. if I could get a great deal on a new Crazy with a warranty then I would have to consider that but we all know $650 to $700 is my reality and that is just too much to invest in this driver. Now 2 months from now if I am flipping shaft after shaft then I will concede that the Crazy was the way to go. I got to believe that if Tiger,Rory or Phil did not buy into the quality of GD,Fubuki etc then they would have another shaft in their club.

Robb40

What you are saying makes sense. If you are not sold on the feel of the crazy shaft then you should try and find the shaft that works best and "feels the best for you". God knows everyone on this site has struggled to find the right equipment, and when we do we stick with it. If you feel that trying something new is the way to go then you should do that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was my first experiment with a Crazy shaft other than the Proto 531. I really did not care for the glassy feel but it was giving me such good distance that I was not about to experiment. Right now the Miyazaki White is my next try. It gets great reviews and is a real bargain at $250

Well this has been a wild ride. After searching my heart and my budget I am heading a different direction. Out of respect for this site I will not say anymore about Crazy shafts. It was a bad deal for me but it will be ok. First let me thank everyone for your feedback. It has been very much appreciated. Chiromikey is always cool to me, I also want to thank Vince and Chris. Chris tried to help me out with another Crazy shaft. I appreciate it. BIG thanks go to the guy tht I purchased it from (Spoon) or Carlo. Carlo has been so cool about this. I assured him that I have no hard feelings towards him. I purchased it used and it did not work out. Again I will not comment any further on my views. Carlo is helping me out and I should have a new shaft for the Bad boy 435 Jbeam in a week or so. Carlo thank you for being such a stand up guy. I was amazed that you cared enough to reach out and try to help. My new shaft will be a Graphite design Blue Bullet. great reviews and a little lower launch than the AD DI. I also plan to try an AD DI in 7 stiff as well. This is such a low launch head that I dont know which will work best. These are quality shafts and I know they will give me great results. They were my first pick before I stumbled across the Labomba in white. Thanks be to all. I hope I did not offend this site as I know Crazy is a strong brand for them.

Robb40

That's great I hope the new shafts will play well for you.

I'm done with Crazy as well, for other reasons....To me they just don't worth the money compare to GD and Mitsubishi products. Got my 435 with a DI D7s and it was much better than my proto 531 SX. As well on my second combo ( Yam v202 tour), the diamana is way much better in term of feeling than my CB46 (still in the BST section btw :p )

i couldn't stand the gd di series...couldn't pull it fast enough from my kamui! hope the bb works out for you!

Well this has been a wild ride. After searching my heart and my budget I am heading a different direction. Out of respect for this site I will not say anymore about Crazy shafts. It was a bad deal for me but it will be ok. First let me thank everyone for your feedback. It has been very much appreciated. Chiromikey is always cool to me, I also want to thank Vince and Chris. Chris tried to help me out with another Crazy shaft. I appreciate it. BIG thanks go to the guy tht I purchased it from (Spoon) or Carlo. Carlo has been so cool about this. I assured him that I have no hard feelings towards him. I purchased it used and it did not work out. Again I will not comment any further on my views. Carlo is helping me out and I should have a new shaft for the Bad boy 435 Jbeam in a week or so. Carlo thank you for being such a stand up guy. I was amazed that you cared enough to reach out and try to help. My new shaft will be a Graphite design Blue Bullet. great reviews and a little lower launch than the AD DI. I also plan to try an AD DI in 7 stiff as well. This is such a low launch head that I dont know which will work best. These are quality shafts and I know they will give me great results. They were my first pick before I stumbled across the Labomba in white. Thanks be to all. I hope I did not offend this site as I know Crazy is a strong brand for them.

Nothing to offend Robb. Play what you like and what works for you. Different strokes for different folks and not one shaft or brand is absolutely right for all.

I do not want to jump into "arguing" and just adding my 2 cents... In my case the Crazy shafts improved my game big time. It made such a huge difference that now I am 100% on Crazy. The costs are indeed high, but again, some stuff has its own price for its own reasons.

I do not want to jump into "arguing" and just adding my 2 cents... In my case the Crazy shafts improved my game big time. It made such a huge difference that now I am 100% on Crazy. The costs are indeed high, but again, some stuff has its own price for its own reasons.

mau hows that crazy proto pull i sold you?

I love graphite design too! and even those are considered pricey by most.

In my brain I think that Tiger and the top pro's play stuff specially made for them, I hope it's at least hand rolled made to order and perfectly round for them. how similar to retail it is I don't know this is just my assumption.

I also think that If Crazy & Quadra had put the same effort into the U.S PGA tour that Graphite Design has for so many years chances are many top pro's would enjoy them as well. If there is no tour van or company loading these players with shafts or providing bonuses or pay for play and building great relationships over decades the shaft will probably not be vin the bags of many.

Both Crazy & Quadra hand roll shafts all the time and have their own factories and use Japanese 50 & 80T. The use of better carbon is magnified the better the player. It's small gains at that level but important still.

Hi Spoon ... that one is on the "Flying Cat" ... It is fine and fun to play. I am still about to write about the new drivers, I will do it soon. Cheers

I love graphite design too! and even those are considered pricey by most.

In my brain I think that Tiger and the top pro's play stuff specially made for them, I hope it's at least hand rolled made to order and perfectly round for them. how similar to retail it is I don't know this is just my assumption.

I also think that If Crazy & Quadra had put the same effort into the U.S PGA tour that Graphite Design has for so many years chances are many top pro's would enjoy them as well. If there is no tour van or company loading these players with shafts or providing bonuses or pay for play and building great relationships over decades the shaft will probably not be vin the bags of many.

Both Crazy & Quadra hand roll shafts all the time and have their own factories and use Japanese 50 & 80T. The use of better carbon is magnified the better the player. It's small gains at that level but important still.

for a PGA pro I would tend to agree. but Chris, how many of us would really see the difference ;)

I experienced the same snapping of CB-46 bought from a fellow member here too. It came well packed in a solid tube where I don't see how it can be "hurt" during transportation. Upon receiving, I had it fitted onto V-Spec and it twist snapped on my 3rd round. The damaged area was way above the ferrule. Am afraid now to buy pulled Crazy shafts. Now happily using GD BB6X.

Sorry to hear your story as well. I think there is something to this. Too many stories that sound the same. I get the carbon count changes things in terms of heat. Live and learn I guess. If I ever purchase another crazy it will be new with warranty but I really do not see that happening. Can't wait to try a few other GD shafts to see how the 435 will perform