Price drop again! Storeroom clearance(irons). Yamaha '12 V Forged, MG PP9001, Epon AF301

daytona16520

nup i payed for a cpl of wedges and a golds putter............ heasked me t osend money to his friends account hen he refunded it and askd for anothe non us verified account which i didnt do...LUCKILY........

ban this guy

That certainly does not look good

Hope it turns out ok for you guys

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been a member of the forums for long and have just read through this scenario, not good....how did it work out in the end...? all good I hope.

Edited by hutchy

been a member of the forum for 6 years, never sold a thing here but bought many items from fellow members before. This is a scary prospect.

just wondering if there is not a gaping hole which the administrators need to fill.

"gifted" payments by definition are payments made without consideration and out of one's own kind heart. As far as paypal is concerned, it is not designed for buying and selling things. There is zero recourse for the buyers.

ebay owns paypal. Ebay's buyers' protection works because ebay simply instructs paypal to debit sellers' credit card of the same purchase price + shipping if things go pear shape.

a liquid and healthy second hand market is good for TSG's business. This 'gifted' idea needs to be examined.

You are absolutely right that gifted has no recourse, no buyer protection.

We in no way promote people to use gifted but to use their own judgement.

If I did not know the seller or had any doubts at all, I would rather pay the additional service charge on top of the seller's asking fee rather than do gifted. However with an established member/seller, I have no problems sending a gifted payment.

It was because of this post that I implemented the new rule that sellers needed to add their name and date to images of what they were selling because its became obvious to me this seller did not have all the items or any of the items he claimed.

As an administrator, that is about the only gaping hole I could think of filling right now. TSG is afterall a business and the BST is an area we do out of courtesy for our members. We can in no way control it or police it. All we can do is try and make it safe and hope that buyers and sellers alike use their common sense, do their due diligence and cover their tracks. Is this good for our business? There can be many arguments that say its not but we still allow this area to exist. (^_^)

This topic should be closed though I left it open as many of us are still trying to track this culprit down.

We are always welcome to suggestions so you guys can always PM as many of you do already.