WTB: Jbeam 435 w/ crazy shaft

techbase2000

Driver swing is the worst of all my shots. Anyone willing to sell? SS 98-102. ****Have decided to try a D-1 this season till I get my swing back and more consistent. I'll save the JBeam for next season**** Thanks for all your posts. If you have a D-1 PM me. Again, SS 98-102, so please no strong stiff shafts to XS. Thanks

Edited by techbase2000

Gotta stop reading these forums. Killing my account. Also want my epon 302's (4-6) back. The 503's (4-6) are doing nothing better for my long iron consistency. Had the lofts set to match the 302's. It is a completely different club for me. I hit the 302's better.

You're making a smart choice techbase2000. I have a Ryoma D1, SYard 388 Crazy 435, and a couple of Yamahas and the longest of the long is the Crazy 435. It is a little bit harder to hit than a Ryoma, but distance is unmatched. I see you are using a 9 deg Yamaha. In general, higher lofted clubs tend to be a bit easier to hit. Have you considered a 10.5 Ryoma? You might lose a little distance, but from a forgiveness standpoint, the Ryoma is pretty hard to beat.

I've been looking and reading and reading at both of those clubs(Ryoma and JBeam). When I spoke to the fitter at Novo I didn't get a good response on the Ryoma. He said a lot of people are using the S-yard and raving about it these days. I tried the 388 and wasn't that impressed over the yammi however I have never tried the Ryoma or the J Beam. I will have the 3 Wood egg from Arthur, hopefully soon, MUCH THANKS, and that will be my broken cherry for a crazy shaft. After reading how many like the Ryoma D1 I am considering it. However I have yet to read a bad review, albeit w/ right shaft, of the J Beam 435. Any comparisons on the J Beam 425 vs the 435? I know I read something here before. I'll search. A bit expensive for my pockets so I don't want to make a mistake here. I do need some forgiveness in my driver swing right now. I'm slicing like a newbie.

I've been looking and reading and reading at both of those clubs(Ryoma and JBeam). When I spoke to the fitter at Novo I didn't get a good response on the Ryoma. He said a lot of people are using the S-yard and raving about it these days. I tried the 388 and wasn't that impressed over the yammi however I have never tried the Ryoma or the J Beam. I will have the 3 Wood egg from Arthur, hopefully soon, MUCH THANKS, and that will be my broken cherry for a crazy shaft. After reading how many like the Ryoma D1 I am considering it. However I have yet to read a bad review, albeit w/ right shaft, of the J Beam 435. Any comparisons on the J Beam 425 vs the 435? I know I read something here before. I'll search. A bit expensive for my pockets so I don't want to make a mistake here. I do need some forgiveness in my driver swing right now. I'm slicing like a newbie.

Dude, if forgiveness is what you need, nothing beats the D1. Not a short driver but not the longest but the most forgiving.

I play TJ46 in both. My D1 was a 10.5 and my 435 is a 10. For me, trajectory is about the same which is mid high and what I like as its not really windy here. Bear in mind also that we have not seen each other play so my high could be your low and vice versa.

435 is more demanding but its not super unforgiving as well. Driving is the weakest part of my game and the 435 is still very manageable. D1 however is point and shoot.

i have a ryoma d1 v-spec 9.5* on a stiff crazy royal deco la bomba and a jbeam 435 9.5* on 7.2 (stiff) crazy ly-02. the 435 is a mid draw trajectory while the ryoma is low/mid straight trajectory. i'm not sure i want to sell either one but they just don't get any bag time behind my gamer 435. they both have been custom painted which i love but may not be your style. i'll dig up pics if you're interested...

I love my 435, but I would not consider it a forgiving driver. In fact, I would consider it one of the least forgiving drivers around. When you hit it off center, you really know it. Conversely, when you hit it on the screws, nothing can touch it.

I love my 435, but I would not consider it a forgiving driver. In fact, I would consider it one of the least forgiving drivers around. When you hit it off center, you really know it. Conversely, when you hit it on the screws, nothing can touch it.

we've disagreed on the 435's forgiveness before but i definitely believe what works for some doesn't for others. at least we do agree about the length on pure shots.

From the sound of it I might be better suited to try the D-1. Years of not playing and the short golf season in NY almost requires me to have something with forgiveness. No problems with my irons so I can make up the 15+ yards. Thanks everyone.

Edited by techbase2000

I have a D1 premia in 9.5 with a crazy boron and that thing kills worms. It is intimidating to look at sometimes because it literally looks like no loft. If I could do it all over again, I would definitely get a 10.5. The reason why I went searching for another $$$ drivers is to get a bit more hang time. The 435 is 10deg. It is harder to hit, but I wouldn't say it's horrible in terms of forgiveness. For me mid-high rockets but I think my right shoulder is lower at address than the average. I honestly think it's more forgiving than my two Yamahas. I have a cb50 7.4 crazy in the 435 and it's much more boardy than the boron. Oh, one last thing.. The premia is soo soft. Awesome feeling at impact. Like you're hitting a marshmallow. Hope we're helping and not creating more indecision for you.

let me ge this straight............ he didnt have much interest on the ryoma ,ie, he kyboshed it ?

hmmmm interesting..........

if ur playing a 9* yamaha.. u can DEF hit ht 9.5 d1.......... id suggest that if u like hiting pretty straight.

Agree with Stew, if your enjoying a 9* Yamaha you could 100% go 9.5 or even stick with 9*. I believe someone asked for a comparison between the Jbeam 425 and 435, the 425 isn't very forgiving, it launches quite low, as in go a bit up in loft low, I've found the 435 to be fairly forgiving, it launches higher and gives you more carry. That said, the 425 was my absolute 1st JDM driver purchase and it's still probably my favorite driver, paired with the right shaft(s) and its an absolute monster, lots of run, extremely stable, boring flight, laughs at high winds, and again, with the right shaft(s) it can be moved around a bit, its not impossible to hit, there are more demanding drivers out there, but I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone who is looking for forgiveness as poorly struck shots DO fly poorly, and DONT feel wonderful. If you get the 435 with the right shaft, you're in for a treat, I highly doubt you can go wrong with the Ryoma as I've never heard anyone really say they didn't like it.

Ryoma v spec is low launch and not as forgiving as the D1 and Premia and now IMO, the Maxima type D is the most forgiving of them all and launches just perfect. Besides the wedges, the driving with my type D has become a better part of my game. Not necessarily the longest of drivers but certainly getting the ball out there on the short grass more often.

Ryoma v spec is low launch and not as forgiving as the D1 and Premia and now IMO, the Maxima type D is the most forgiving of them all and launches just perfect. Besides the wedges, the driving with my type D has become a better part of my game. Not necessarily the longest of drivers but certainly getting the ball out there on the short grass more often.

I agree with you duff. It is forgiving and longer than d1. I did not want to mention that as the maxima just needs more patience and experimentation with shafts to get right and I'm not sure if the thread starter is up to that. D1 from my experience is easier to get right buy maxima for me is a better overall head without doubt.

I am lucky with my type D. Shafted with my tried and true and works the first time and every time. Had thought about experimenting with different shafts but though the result could very well be just small incremental improvement. The whole point of driving is get it out there on the short grass more often.

I think I will try the D1 first wait till I get enough money and try the j beam next season. I have to go back and change the post I guess. My SS is 98-102 so crazy stiff's are probably not good me. An SR 6.9 most likely. I appreciate all the feedback though. Like most people here I think I just have an itch to try out these spectacular clubs and compare to what I've got already. The search for something better.