Grips??

JayDM

Just wondering what grips everyone has been using. I've tried and messed around with soooo many and can never seem to find that one perfect grip that's just a no brainer for me when putting together clubs. So far I seem to like Iomics best in woods, either the Sticky or the X grip and the Nowon 50's in irons and wedges. It varies though, Tour G's have been solid for me but I don't love the feel, I recently tried the Nowon ICHI for the first time and I like it, but it feels very thin, find myself squeezing a bit, Nowon 48's aren't bad either my biggest issue with the 50's are that they twist, the 48's don't twist as much but they don't feel quite as nice and they also feel a little thin, extra tape wraps help but they start to feel firmer than I like, tried the Masda slick fits and they just don't give me quite enough hold. I don't like cord grips much at all or dual compounds, only cords I've ever tried that were alright were the perfect Pro cords, they weren't bad. I've tried most of the more run of the mill grips here in the US in the past and nothing ever stood out for me, Tour velvet's don't do much for me, the Golf Pride Tour wrap wasn't bad, probably my favorite grip from the US, never enjoyed any of the WINN grips and I don't think I've tried all of the Lamkin's but the few I did hit just felt like Tour Velvets. What are you guy's playing? Is there anything out there I should be trying? Like the look of the Muziik Dry Compound, any one try it? Thoughts?

ive put golf pride dual durometer on a cplo f sets and t enjpoy them, they are slighty longer. very firm on shaft but with the slightest bit of softness to dampen impact, ver ynoticebale differnce over my perfect pro cords

the lamkin rel 3 gen are slightyl thinner . not as long as the dual durometer but much harder. they are almost the same tougness as the cords witout the harshness of cord. prob is i dont rate them in the wet.( cords immeasuarably better) 3gen give me the most feedback of all the grips.

but they dont really feel great at impact u feel every single nuance on a miss hit!

the new nion from golf pride ive got a cpl of wedges. i like them.

soft wider, but still with some firmness

id throw a set of those on no probs

http://www.lamkingrips.com/?r=REL-3GEN-Standard

http://www.golfpride.com/grips/niion/

http://www.golfpride.com/grips/dual-durometer/

i play the golfpride zcord.....very very firm grip. another grip that i play that is almost on the opposite side of the spectrum is the durometer that stew mentioned, they maintain grip even on the most humid of days.......finally a vote for iomic evolutions which have the right balance of firm and sticky.

of curse. the iomic x-evolutions.... my old favoutites. onlt thing i done like wit hthem is they are veyr small. if they were longer. id be hard presssed to get them off. i use these on drivers

golf pride for life. i like iomics and nowon1

but i keep coming back to GP multicompounds. they are my staple.

z cords are damn good too. last long too.

I've tried the Muzik and Nowons and for me, it had too much torque or at least I felt more twisting that I would like. I think this is down to the design and depth of the cuts (not sure what the correct technical term is) on the grip that is supposed to help with air flows and perspiration management.

I like the Iomic Sticky best.

prefer the lamkins 3rd gen! Perfect for my tiny hands. Great feedback, hit fat is alright. Hurt if i hit thin, very raw grips.

Tried nowon, great grips but dont last long. Soft and steady.

I've tried many and keep going back to the GripMaster OS Tour Wraps when I can find them. But have also taken to the Elite A50 model, thicker all around , firm but not hard and great tack no matter the weather.

UST Mamiya soft touch: http://www.ustmamiya.com/golf-grips/swing-grips/soft-touch

I used to have the GP 2g wrap and thought that was the best ever until I tried these UST grips. Love them. Soft feel and still sticky :)

Tour Velvet for me, but I also like the TSG grips from the online shop here <g>, which are similar, but slightly softer. Gripmaster Kangaroo perforated for my putter.

I have been using GP NDMC since Jesus went to high school. I am testing PURE grips now. I got a DTX midsize sent to me. It's their response to the NDMC grip. It has TONS of traction. My hands for some reason have almost an allergic reaction to Lamkin grips, they feel good but after 5-10 seconds I feel an irritation/burning feeling.

I found the DTX to be gentle to my skin, the grip is like holding CORD. I would use it for woods/hybrids but I might want something softer on the irons so I am gonna demo the Pro Wrap and the Pro models to see how they feel on the non-glove hands. They are MUCH cheaper then Iomics for sure! I also built mine up with 3 wraps and no issues with the install.

Tour Velvet for me, but I also like the TSG grips from the online shop here <g>, which are similar, but slightly softer. Gripmaster Kangaroo perforated for my putter.

I'm not so picky when it comes to grips. I do play TSG velvets a lot bug I also like Iomic & Muziik.

i used these new gold prides niion yesterday on some wedges, veyry happy with them.

nothing really to see, just a bit harder tour velvet. very good . to play.

I just started using Pure DTX, I found them a bit hard but the club will not turn on you.

Lately the Iomic X grips and Sticky's have held the top spots for me, I've been playing gloveless for the past couple of weeks and the Nowon's have felt like they've twisted way too much in my hands.... I put the GP niion's on the fourteen wedges, I've only hit them a few times so far but they do feel very nice, very stable, but soft enough to feel nice in my hands. Ordered a few of the Muziik dry compounds to try out, they haven't arrived yet but I have super high expectations for these.

Lately the Iomic X grips and Sticky's have held the top spots for me, I've been playing gloveless for the past couple of weeks and the Nowon's have felt like they've twisted way too much in my hands.... I put the GP niion's on the fourteen wedges, I've only hit them a few times so far but they do feel very nice, very stable, but soft enough to feel nice in my hands. Ordered a few of the Muziik dry compounds to try out, they haven't arrived yet but I have super high expectations for these.

I have the Muzik on my drivers and they feel really good. Without the glove on you can get a good grip without tearing up your hands

• 1 month later...

I developed an obsession with nowon 50s but wanted something firmer for my woods and found a steal on iomic x-grips. Ordered some of the black armor sticky evolutions at the same time and those have become my go to. Perfect mix of feel and tackiness for me.

Oh yeah---maybe its just me but I tried the Lamkin iLines a few months back. Waste of money IMO. If anything they were worse than stickies, and cost about the same when you get a good price (or go with the blk armor).

Lately it's been Sticky 2.3 for me, the X-grip and X evolution are close seconds, but the Sticky just seems to let me take the most comfortable hold, as much as I used to enjoy the Nowon 50, they just seem to twist at the most inopportune times..... I have the Golf Pride Niion on a few wedges and it's definitely not bad at all, just wish it had a bit more tackiness, also tried the Lamkin I-line and I can't say it was a bad grip, it just feels too thin and small for me. I worked out a deal with my builder to order me boxes of Iomics at a really great price so I always have enough of them when I shuffle things around.

Iomic sticky 2.3. One quick rub with a wet towel and the tackiness is unbeatable. Also easy on the hands.

I just re-grip two sets of irons with X Grip Custom Colors Daiya model ordered here at TSG (end navy and grip silver gray) - I first tried the Daiya model on a set of Golds wedges and i loved it. It sticks but is soft which eliminates the tension of my hands and kind of relax my arms before starting the swing.

I tried to find this Daiya all over tokyo and here in Hong Kong (erlier this year) without success. I was happy to find out TSG was carrying the custom ones. The order took a while but it worth the waiting time.

• 4 weeks later...

I am using the lightest ones I could get: the Golf Pride light Dual Durometer with the blue cap.

Very happy with them and surprisingly durable.

Unfortunately Golf Pride stopped producing them. After using up my little stock I have to look for something different...

In case anybody has a recommendation for a grip in the 30gr range, please let me know

Not 30g. range but Gripmaster Cabretta Swinger is 40g +- 2g (info from their customer service)

Mark

I am using the lightest ones I could get: the Golf Pride light Dual Durometer with the blue cap.

Very happy with them and surprisingly durable.

Unfortunately Golf Pride stopped producing them. After using up my little stock I have to look for something different...

In case anybody has a recommendation for a grip in the 30gr range, please let me know