New BST Photo Rules Effective Aug 20th, 2013

gocchin

It has come to our attention that the TSG BST has once again become the target of a scammer.

This is not the first time nor will it be the last.

Scammers are everywhere on the internet and will go to any means to get your money.

We created he BST as a courtesy to our members as a place where members can buy, sell and trade JDM clubs with other enthusiasts around the world. Even though we cannot take responsibility for any transactions made in the BST and while it is impossible for TSG to police and review every ad and sale, we do want everyone to have safe and satisfying BST experience.

The only way to do this is to enforce tighter controls on selling.

Even though this becomes more troublesome for sellers this is a must to verify all sales and bring peace of mind to potential buyers.

We have always required photos of items for sale but now this will be taken a step further to prevent scammers from grabbing any photos off the net and using them in their sale ads.

Effective immediately (August 20th, 2013) all ads of clubs for sale must not only have photos but the photos must include a piece of paper with the current date you make the sale topic plus your name.

There are no exceptions to this rule. If you do not have these photos, you cannot sell your items.

Here is an example (please note the club is not actually for sale).

post-8383-0-18768500-1377000285.jpg

Once again all posts must have this type of image.

The piece of paper can be printed or hand written.

I apologize for the inconvenience especially to established members and sellers, but its a small price to pay for everyone's piece of mind.

Again if your ad does not have a photo with your name it will be removed.

We thank you for your cooperation in making TSG a fun and safe place for all JDM club lovers.

Thanks for the update T

Hopefully this will help with the scammers.

thanks for the new rule, hope nobody get scammed.

That's horrible.... Why would people do such a thing? Shame on them

Thanks Tario.

Edited by tae

Great idea! Thumbs up!

• 2 weeks later...

You should think about a minimum post level to be able to post an ad in the BST.

• 1 year later...

Hi admin,

May i know any protection for buyer once the agreed amount had been delivered? I made the payment since last week and until now the seller yet to deliver the item and no reply from him.. Kindly advise.

Thank you

who is the seller?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is a good question Mr OD. I agree that it should be standard that everyone does it, for the sake of keeping the site safe. However, you have raised this issue a few times now in various threads and it seems more like you are the person you refer to in your picture as you seem to want to argue about this. There are a number of rules that I break every day, like speeding for instance. How about you?

it bothers me that some other members when they do not follow the rules in their postings, they get jumped on and one person does it all the time and no one ever mentions it. If rules are to be broken, why bothers creating them in the first place?

it bothers me that some other members when they do not follow the rules in their postings, they get jumped on and one person does it all the time and no one ever mentions it. If rules are to be broken, why bothers creating them in the first place?

just click on the report button and Tsger will see it. its up to him to enforce.

change must begin from the very top

the world is filled with a lot of serial offenders. i myself text a lot in the car which

i probably shouldn't :)

I agree totally, rules are rules and should be followed.

What bothers me is the incessant whining about the same thing from somebody who has never posted any reviews, or anything constructive.

That same person will wonder why noone writes reviews anymore and why most of the old timers have disappeared

I think maybe our report button is not configured properly so guys if there is a rule breaker PM me and I will take care of it.

We will soon be updating the forum as well.

I think this guy is whinging /complaining about my custom made signature, which btw, has served me well for ...7 years and 3000 club reviews , so I don't knw why , hes never bought anything , but he just keeps posting rubbish in my adds.

never shown a bid , never shown an interst just trolls my adds.

personally I wish hed bugger off and go haunt another site.. but I don't care , my wa is too zen like to worry about it. and the people that want t obuy my stuff will.

how about there is a "unless u have contributed to this site" u can fk off with yr tard comments . button, thatll fix it.

Just because you post things on here doesn't mean that the rules don't apply to you - especially the guys who post on here the most and you know who you are. You guys go on and on and rant on other people's listing but when they comment on your listing, you guys all defend each other and say it doesn't apply to you........blah, blah, blah......

If Chris doesn't say anything, then it must be fine. If you don't have anything good to say then keep your comments to yourself or disregard the listing. Simple as that. Just hate to see all the bullying done by old men in here...lol

@supo67, for your record, I bought a lot of clubs from Chris as well bought a lot from several members here in the States and Australia and I can show you records if you like. I also did one trade with another member. The reason I never bothered to show any interest in your ads, simply because you blatantly disregards the protocols with regard to postings, no matter how cheap they are! If you read the rules posted above, your ID and the date has to be with the clubs. This is to prevent, lets just say, someone pulls some pictures of clubs off the internet and post them here for sales even though they do not own the clubs. Speaking for myself only, I have access to Japanese bidding sites and I can certainly bid to buy clubs a lot cheaper and then sell back to our members for profit and before I buy them, I can post pictures here to gather interest and even strike a deal!

hmmmmmm, actually I never contemplated that OD..,

I just thought u were being a pedantic new user rules-worrthy-asswipe, but u do in fact have a valid point .

FWIW a simple Pm to me saying "hey is this in fact urs bec of " wud have sufficed monthsd ago ... and saved a load of aggirivation., NOT being a geek, nor a plotter.., I had to ask a member here if what you just said was even possible , he explainted it to me adequately.

I had no idea that was even a possibility

Still, my thinking was............................... when the fore/back ground that everyone here knows is MY HOUSE , bec of the 70000000000000000000 photos ive taken previously with it as background are always identical, that SHUD adequalty suffice as proof of MY ownership . anyone here using that piccy as a BST aDD wud be called out instantly bec its obviously mine.

but I see your point now,

so yes I guess it does makes sense , .......

however ur method of communicating prob needs old school attention.

point taken.