Beautiful. Not sure that it needs the stripes

What's the difference between this and the standard 458? performance, and price.

Absolutely f**king incredible. Easily in my top 5 favourite vehicles ever. Absolutely love the 458 and hope to own one eventually.

The 458 looks better than the 430. Seems the "4" series are the ones looking really good these days, the ones that carry the heritage of red, sleek and beautiful Ferraris. Other models aren't ugly but can look a bit odd at times. Not sure about the stripes on the Speciale

Just about anyone would take this over the normal 458 but I agree it seems a bit overdone. These are heavily edited pictures so I think in the flesh in maybe white or this red minus the stripes and with different wheels it could look absolutely insane.

This should be about 70k over the normal 458. Its shocking how expensive a normal new 458 costs with decent options, about 300k + the Speciale thats 370k. I can only dream! I would rather go for a used 458 for 270k and put 30k into wheels, drop, lip & rear.

Ferrari is making fewer cars, making more profits than ever, and their strategy has really kept resale rock solid especially on good ext/interior color combos. I'm wondering how long before the first Speciale catches on fire?

These 458's are pretty good looking but sound terrible in my opinion. Would prefer a Lambo Gallardo. The V10 sounds awesome.

Its shocking how expensive a normal new 458 costs with decent options, about 300k + the Speciale thats 370k. I can only dream!

Chris, what;s interesting is due to our tax regime etc here, this would cost AT LEAST double the above here. You it good there actually :-) And yes, I can only dream but frankly I would probably go with a Lambo at that coin. Not that its necessarily better than the Ferrari but over here at least, the Lambo is a little less common I think and for that level of coin, that's probably something I would factor in as well... some of the Lambo owners however... need to factor that in as well LOL.

I've only owned one Lamborghini and it was a Gallardo from 2008 I believe, but I found it to be the biggest chore I've even driven, maybe I just had some bad luck, but everything about that car did not sit well with me, had multiple transmission issues, the ride was SUPER harsh, was probably the only low exotic that I found extremely obnoxious to get in and out of, handled poor driving and road conditions terribly(not good in the wet, every small bump felt like a tire was going to go). That was a few years back now and I can't really rate the entire brand based on my one bad experience, but that was my first real "super car" and the 3rd auto I ever owned, I've stayed away from the brand since then, but I have owned a few Ferrari's and I've enjoyed each one ALOT more then the Lambo, they've all had there little quirks but usually the issues are small and overlooked when compared to how enjoyable the Ferraris are to drive.

I've only owned one Lamborghini and it was a Gallardo from 2008 I believe, but I found it to be the biggest chore I've even driven, maybe I just had some bad luck, but everything about that car did not sit well with me, had multiple transmission issues, the ride was SUPER harsh, was probably the only low exotic that I found extremely obnoxious to get in and out of, handled poor driving and road conditions terribly(not good in the wet, every small bump felt like a tire was going to go). That was a few years back now and I can't really rate the entire brand based on my one bad experience, but that was my first real "super car" and the 3rd auto I ever owned, I've stayed away from the brand since then, but I have owned a few Ferrari's and I've enjoyed each one ALOT more then the Lambo, they've all had there little quirks but usually the issues are small and overlooked when compared to how enjoyable the Ferraris are to drive.

I'm told by hardcore Ferrari fans that the 360 Modena despite its age, is still one to own especially for a daily driver. Is That true? Must say it still looks good although a tad dated but that should be expected for something that launched more than 10 years (?) ago.

Edited by wmclarenf1

I've never owned one personally, but my father has and I've driven it more than a few times, its still a pretty sweet ride, and the interior doesn't feel dated at all or uncomfortable, again though, I'm not one to absolutely need the latest tech to enjoy a car, just as long as everything works consistently and does what it's supposed to do well. He has it with the 6 speed manual so I can't really comment on how the transmission compares to the newer models offered with the paddle shift, but I believe that the 360 also had the F1 paddle shift as an option, not sure if it's the same transmission as the 599 GTO I have, it might be though, whatever's the case, I prefer the slightly newer PDK from Porsche and the newer dual clutch from Ferrari in the 458 my brother drives, smoother, more refined, the previous generation paddle shift from Ferrari is in no way bad, but the newer model IS an improvement. As a daily driver, I'm not 100% sure, I've never personally driven the 360 daily, but they have held there value really well and you still see them at dealerships used for high stickers.

Price is good compared to the one that sold for 17 mil at auction. My brother in laws brother has a F430 convertible (spider?), that's a sweet ride.

• 2 months later...

Love the speciale. Still not sure whether it is able to match a GT3 on long runs on track...

(No Ferrari did so far without significant adjustments...)