Keep or Replace?

Henry

So the end of the season is near and already dreaming of a new driver for 2014. For the season, I have been playing my Ryoma Premia Driver in 9.5 degree with Crazy LY Noir flex 6.7. I want to say when struck pure, this driver is the best I ever had. Perfect trajectory and a ton of role. By far, the longest driver I have ever played.

Now the bad news. Unlike a lot of folks who indicated this was an automatic driver, hit and go, I did not find that happening with me. In fact, when I hit it even a little off center on the club head, I would lose a lot (I mean a lot!) of distance compared to other drivers I have played.

Question is whether changing shaft would help the distance loss on mis**ts? or.......

Looking for the next best driver that keeps the roll and is stupid easy to hit...

Wow, that's strange..... Don't really know how to respond since I've never really heard anyone have issues with the forgiveness of any Ryoma, guess that just shows how different every one feels about clubs. Shaft wise, unless what your currently playing is far too stiff, far too soft, or just TOTALLY the wrong shaft profile for you then I really couldn't see changing the shaft affecting distance on miss hits all that much, if even when you were putting a good swing on the ball it flew poorly, then I would think the shaft is the issue and changing it could make all the difference, but if you're enjoying the driver and losing a lot on off center hits then idk how changing the shaft could help all that much, the Crazy LY shafts are considered pretty forgiving shafts as well.

I agree re Ryoma being more in the forgiving side of the scale. With Crazy shaft though, its a sensitive fit. Get the right one & definitely among the best.

But let's face it, in this beautiful world of JDMs, its hard to resist trying new toys :).

Btw my vspec prefers toe mis**ts which seem to go as if middled. Heel misses gives the shortest distances.

I sold my premia and have the type G maxima. I think the maxima is longer and just as forgiving. I do feel the premia is softer off the face. If you are itching to tinker, I'd recommend the maxima.

Btw my vspec prefers toe mis**ts which seem to go as if middled. Heel misses gives the shortest distances.

Slight high toe shots give me an extra 30+ yds compared to middled shots on the v-spec!

Haven't gamed that combo but have exact same shaft in my zero and agree probably one of the most user friendly shafts I ever hit.

Try using a different head with the same shaft and vice verse then you might get a better understanding of what works and what doesnt