scotty cameron customs........

supo

RIght, never sent anythng to the scotty factory to get a custom done.

but i might try it with one i bought recently

a long neck 1997.

can u guys help . what the work like they do and cost wise. or am i better of going to golds ?

never sent anything before to scotty, no idea what to expect.

they are not as personalised as gold's, lots of custom options but definitely will not do any aftermarket alterations.

Cant advise on how they work but saw a few from a friend. Golds work is difficult to caompare. I think even in Japan; when you compare to guys like Golf Craft-Sakai; Golds is in another league!

hmmmm ok. i betterpop up some phots of the head im talkign about,

se what u guys think tbh............ its hard to go past sasaya. esp on a top ender.

they only custom the aesthetics and not the overall performance of the putter

in my personal opinion, cost wise and time wise, its over rated

just my personal opinion

Send it to scotty, the work will be great quality but it will look like all the others.

Send it to gold's, It's the best quality and you can have it as simple or complicated as you want on top of options scotty wouldn't touch.

I've done several Scotty's with his workshop in the past (before I discovered Yamada... <g> ), and agree with what the others have said. The work is top notch and quality, but he only works on his putters and the options don't compare to what you get with Gold's. The attitude is also a bit of a problem, as they make you feel like they're doing you a favor even to talk to you. (They're always bringing up how they work in person only with guys on the tour...) It would help to see pics of the putter you're talking about though. And I can post some I had worked on if you want. But bottom line, I've never had a putter come out more treasured than the way Sasaya-san sent me the copper 85029 that I posted here over the summer.

Gold's mate, trust me on this one, I don't think you would be disappointed with the work they do at Cameron, but it wont be anything special, it also will be a random craftsman doing the refurb, Cameron himself rarely touches anything that isn't heading to tour, Sasaya-san is doing the actual work on your putter when you send it in to GF.

pretty resounding on this

i def need to pop up some piccys bec i literally have NO idea about scotty putters, i just grab a cpl from time to time to test. but to o be honst i like the shape of a lof but th feel is lacking compared to tohers i have so i dont play them

ive got quite a few pretty "decent" ones but they just dont cut the mustard.

the one thats potetially going in next is this one...

i love tis shape but its weigth and feel just isnt / wht it shud be

That would be a nice project.

New finish, light milling, weights somewhere other than the sole maybe even a new neck center shaft with alignment dots or plumbers..

I always liked Cameron putters but even those I send to golds.

that what i thought too this wud make a good project.

i like that flow neck style but it needs to be heavier and some deeper milling wud be good.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,