FINALLY.....ping did it...

supo

i just bought hte ping eagle hawk i think its called

and low and behold

its got an odjustable shaft with a bracket on it that with a plus driver u can change to suit ur height

ive been alteranting between 34 adn 36 inch lately . i was as low as 32at one stage but im finding im hitting better standing taller at the moment

what a great idea, theres no torque issues or slipping potential.

excelletn idea ping!

Oh.. gotta try this!

Yeah, I mentioned this over the summer. While I was waiting for my main baby to come back from Gold's, I picked up the Scottsdale with the adjustable length shaft and variable depth grooves, and I really liked being able to dial in the shaft length depending on how my back felt that day. The 35 area is still my preferred length, but I found that changing the length was, in some ways, like changing putters, which always seems to add a note a freshness when my putting goes stale. I bought a second one just to use the shaft with other putter heads. Lot of fun experimenting there...

Chris, here are a few quick pics. The shaft is a regular 370 at the hosel. The adjustable slider is up by the grip. Its default is to stay clamped tight on the shaft, and you loosen it with a key to slide the shaft to any length you want -- think it goes anywhere from 31" to 36". There was a special note tag that came with the putter that says you have to leave the PING grip on the shaft in order for it to stay "conforming," but other than that it looks, feels, and functions as a straight 370 shaft.

post-15743-0-89106300-1380642873.jpg

post-15743-0-82857800-1380642917.jpg

post-15743-0-94185200-1380642948.jpg

post-15743-0-43458900-1380642981.jpg

Thanks for the pics!

I doubt it. The force at impact would probably move the shaft. And then the lock would be like a stripped screw.