Official TRPX Drivers and Shafts Review Thread

wmclarenf1

Still getting the D-013 with X line dialed in but so far it's a super stable shaft. Going to get a comparo with the following this weekend

Ryoma Maxima V-Spec-CB50

JBeam Tour-425-LY-02

Maruman Conductor LX Deep-BB7S

Epon Zero-Diamana Stinger

Epon 460ZR-Diamana blueboard

Ryoma 435LX - Fire Express Proto

Would really like to hear your thoughts comparing the x-line against the ly-02 and fex!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello everyone! It's my first ever post to the forum since joining 3 months ago! Am based in Hong Kong.

Bought my first item from TSG- Trpx 10 degree with messenger 1st! It arrived today and I look forward to playing it!

Thank you Tario for your advice throughout the purchase- top quality site and top quality service.

Here from Hong Kong as well. Went to the range with all the drivers (Maxima, TRPX, FLyingCat and Rage). I will try to write a more detailed review. the TRPX D-013 9* on a TJ80 7.4 is a monster combo; it managed to be longer than the Ryoma; not so forgiving but still very forgiving!!! Truly impressive feel and distance; competing to be the driver of 2013!!!

Hello everyone! It's my first ever post to the forum since joining 3 months ago! Am based in Hong Kong.

Bought my first item from TSG- Trpx 10 degree with messenger 1st! It arrived today and I look forward to playing it!

Thank you Tario for your advice throughout the purchase- top quality site and top quality service.

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your review.

IMO there is one problem with Tario..... he hasn't figured out a way to clone himself!!!

How this man keeps up is beyond me. Working with people over the internet is not easy. Nobody does it better

IMO there is one problem with Tario..... he hasn't figured out a way to clone himself!!!

I have been trying to do this cloning business for the last five years with no success... it means working 7 days a week all year round and around the clock!! (^_^)

By the way great feedback everyone... the TRPX is looking very good.

I have gotten feedback by email form a few others who I hope will post here as well.

So I purchased the messenger 1ST only to pair with my t388 9.5. I have had two full rounds and 3 range sessions with it and so far the shaft is as advertised. Tario and I settled on the SX shaft playable at d2 and at 45.25 inches. Compared to the ly02 7.2 and stock stiff shaft he trpx i definitely longer and straighter. I also get a more piercing ball flight than the other two shafts. On bad swings I still got plenty of distance and on the rare occasion that I slice I found that side spin was less when compared to the other aforementioned shafts.

This shaft is a tad heavier than the stock stiff but the weight is not a hindrance. I find that I can make an easy swing or an aggressive swing with this shaft and still get excellent results. I do not find this shaft to be boardy or to weak or stiff. It's just right

ok.......................... first full round yesterday with TRPX diamana X 70s

didnt play in a real match as such, just hit balls with no presure to sepak of.

on a hell of a jack nicholas course. called ishioka, heck of a course, really good tourny track. typical jack, u have to hit al kinds of shots both ways. good landing area for a good drive , hes really the master of course design..

was able to both crank it up and have a good wallop at it , and really choke down, with a punch for accuracy. need to on this track as there is a cpl of big water carry holes .

theres a cpl of holes on this course that must be right up there with anything there is. and its risk reward , if u go hard and get it striaght lined with a slight draw or fade an u can get another 20 yards roll on, take the conservative route for safey and ur gonna be hard pressed to make par.

so drives here are a HUGE............. HUGE... factor in scoring.

i did hit he driver very well yesterday

10-14 fariways with the match ball so i was going pretty good .

so this trpx thing.....

on the first hole. which is a short par 4 can hit to about 100 yards in no neeed to clobber it , accuracy will give u a good shot at the pin. with a PW. so i just coke down a bit and hit my bunt sting shot. came dead set out of the middle and flew arrow straigt. low .low trajectory.

me likey..........

spilt the cernte line of the centre of the fairway. 100 out. perfection.

not a bad start. distacne was where it shud be. where every other "good " driver ive got has been before.

and so on and so forth front nine ..............

i opened the shoulders a bit back nine and had a big old wail on a cpl. and the ball was out def out there.

but at no stage did i go hmm thats uber long like the 435 waccine....

i was kind of expecting that . but it wasnt as noticebale as i washoping.

what i was saying all day tho, was hmmm damn this thing goes straight.!

after a heap of drives with it in all kids of positions i will say this is a contender for the ryoma v-spec for my best accuray driver.

prob with just a hint more distance........ maybe.....

i was really quite surprised tho i thought it muight be a monster but its def not longer than the 435 waccine. nosireeeeeee.

and it wasnt as long as the kamui pro fujikura fuel most times. i guess the lighter weight made the kp-x go a bit further, but that went too high,most drives i nthe wind even the 60x shaft was just a bit whippy. but boy that thing gets out there. i def had the weight config the wrong set up as well , had the heavy weight in the tail not the fornt , which make it go higher.. down wind tho., wowsah... this thing i s big !

just a bit light for me tho, wanted to keep taking the trpx out when i had an open hole...

flight was prety darn good with the TRPX.

immediatly liked it. from the first drive on the driving range till the last wallop on 18.

it was low, to low mid. didnt get big roll with it yesterday bec of the weather, but it will run a lot. yeterday was soaking wet but i cud easily tell the lack of carry wud be made up in total distance in dry conditions. no probs at all.

this head shaft combo as a match is spot on as well.

the trpx still doenst have that " nice feel. " theres something about jbeam that just dont get the feel "ooooooooh factor.."

results speak for themselves tho .

just a bit nicer feel wud not be bad thing.

ryoma did it with the maxima. no , so?????????

i was a big fan of this driver, and this set up.

44.875 inch 200 gram head. 327 gram build.

d1 sw. which is RIGHT............. at the bottom of what i like to play, ideally id like 2 sw point higher but cudunt get there with this set up.

so the trade off is prob to make the head 202+ gram give it a pit more punch make it a bit thicker.

this head is DEFINALTY...... thinner feeling than the 425 and 435 the face feels thinner and lighter.

il change the weighting over a bit this week.

over all i liked this driver, i thought it was a great looking performing driver but it needs tweeking.before im definitive on it .

i need to make it SW heavier to see.

but, for now it will get a spot in the sydney bag for sure.

NOT.....over the ryoma nor 435tho. but def an as well.

yea its a good driver for sure.

Edited by supo67

Stew you start off your self and say the X 70X is not the real match for the head and you previously said its more of a control combo with that shaft so for you to expect it to be as long as your longest combos is expecting too much.

The fact though you said it is penetrating, and as long as most good drivers you have and dead straight though says a lot.

If the feel is lacking its probably the shaft though we must all keep in mind feel is very very subjective. wmclarenf1 likened the feel to the Technity 460ZR which is one of the best feeling drivers ever. I personally love the feel as well. I took the TRPX over the Ryoma.

It will be interesting to see how it goes after some tweaking and you get a real distance shaft in there...

Why not try the X-Line... very solid PLUS distance.

ah sorry... no i meant i wasnt PLAYING in a real match... non comp so no presusre. i was just hititng balls.. (sorry ambiguous., ill fix that up. )

the X shaft is just about the pefect match for me,. but none of the heads ive got it in go overly long.

they all go overly accurate!

the ryoma v-spoec, ryoma maxima, 435, kamui pro

but the fact is i hit more fairways with this shaft in it than anytihng else.

its simply the best shaft for me bec im not loking to get oodles more distance i want to hit fairways

diamaana shafts as a general rule dont really..........., have a particularly good feel ,(besides the stinger) but they play so true

thats why i love them.

the TRPX i think will be the equal of all my drivers if not better.

as im sure the maxima wil be agan this week ,when i i put an X back in it. and take the W out.

all driver s i have need a bit of tweeeking . this one no exception.

10-14 fairways is pretty bloody good.

i wont be leaving this at home any time soon thats for sure.

i want to try it with the waccine 435 agaisnt the ryoma not really a true test bec the flight is so differnt

but thne again. that might be a good highlight as to what the heads do with the exact same build.

hmmmm

yes ill do that next weekend

Well distance is overated (^_^)

If all your drivers are straighter and you hit more fairways with the 70X then that is the shaft you should use.

If you need an X-Line just let me know!

Well I took the TPRX with Mesanger shaft to Vermont this weekend for some mountain golf with my son. First off if you haven't been to Vermont in the fall make a point to go,it is just unbelievable.

Played 2 rounds over the weekend. Used the combo on 26 holes. I hit the fairway on 24 of them, which is unreal for me. I was able to spot where I wanted the ball to land and it just did. When I went at it really hard the just went further but stayed in the fairway. On the two holes I didn't hit the fairway, one went to far and ran out of fairway, the other was off the mark by 5 yards. My son could not believe how well I was driving the ball. With 4 rounds in I am very happy with the combo and how it fits my swing. Very forgiving and long, can't beat that.

post-15908-0-65108600-1381163966.jpg post-15908-0-28437800-1381151276.jpgpost-15908-0-26257400-1381151304.jpg post-15908-0-17322200-1381151334.jpg

Edited by akapur

Ashim, that looks awesome!!!

And the driver is awesome for you as well.

Great course, great play... you can't ask for more.

I can't wait for them to release their fairway wood which is in the works!

Ashim,

First off, beautiful pictures of the course in Vermont! That third picture especially looks like a dream!

Was also glad to hear the TRPX w/ Messenger worked well for you, as I've noted that we tend to like similar feeling shafts. Was wondering though, since you've also played the t388 if you might compare the two. I've ordered a Messenger shaft to try in my (spare) t388, but don't have it in hand yet. Looking forward to it.

Ashim,

First off, beautiful pictures of the course in Vermont! That third picture especially looks like a dream!

Was also glad to hear the TRPX w/ Messenger worked well for you, as I've noted that we tend to like similar feeling shafts. Was wondering though, since you've also played the t388 if you might compare the two. I've ordered a Messenger shaft to try in my (spare) t388, but don't have it in hand yet. Looking forward to it.

The course was beautiful, couldn't believe the colors. The Shaft is very smooth. My issue usually is when I over swing I push the ball left, with this combo I haven't seen that, if anything the ball plays a cut, starting down the left side cutting back to the middle. If I take a smooth easy swing the ball goes dead straight. The T.388 with the stock shaft was very straight for me. The shaft felt heavy and stout even though it was the SR. The Messenger shaft is much smoother shaft that seems to be very automatic in delivering the club head back to square. I am considering putting it into the ptune head that I have to see how it would preform. To early to make this statement fact but this maybe the easiest to hit shaft I have every tried.

Great to hear. Looking forward to trying it.

Arthur

Honestly between playing well and the course looking like it did I may have been in heaven. Couldn't ask for any better. My son and I beat the pants off the guys we were paired with each day. Gotta love it.

Beautiful pics!

Thanks. We were up there just as it was peak season for the colors.

T, do you know when the fairway wood from TRPX might hit the shelves? Are the FW shafts going to be similar to the driver offerings in profile, just butt cut and a little tip trimmed? Also, will the head be a similar jBeam offering?

Michael,

They Fairway woods are still in prototype so there is no release date yet.

The Fairway wood shafts will be designed specifically for fairway woods but may share some of the characteristics of the messenger ie materials and cross weave design.

The Fairway wood will be an original like the driver.