Counter Balance?

mygreenaliem

Anyone counter balance their putters and if so can you you explain how you work out what weight to use? This is connected with normal putters (not anchored).

I understand it's all to do with MOI.

I am finding putter length of 31 inches really suits me but this obviously makes it very light and whilst the head weight should be heavier, I don't want all the weight in the head.

Get a tour lock pro for putters and give it a try. Its the best $20 investment Ive made in golf gear. Smooths out my stroke and confidence went up. Now making more putts.

Edited by Baddmnkey

It kinda makes sense to add the weight at the end it was taken from.

It feels odd at first like its a gimmick but just take it to the practice green and try it. I already have another for when my Golds factory custom arrives.

BTW I went REAL heavy and love it.

Edited by Baddmnkey

Isn't this also used on clubs especially Drivers?

It feels odd at first like its a gimmick but just take it to the practice green and try it. I already have another for when my Golds factory custom arrives.

BTW I went REAL heavy and love it.

Thanks for the info - will look into this.

Isn't this also used on clubs especially Drivers?

Yes they have them for all clubs. The one I purchased is the Tour Lock Pro Opti-vibe. It's very easy to install, only thing you have to do is pull the grip off and insert it into the butt end of shaft and tighten down. The optivibe dampens the vibration as well and really makes the putter feel-sound softer.

For me that extra weight really smoothed out my stroke and made a pretty big difference.

I went real heavy 150g (I play my putter at 33")

If your only doing your putter you won't need to buy anything extra that they advertise such as the grip modifier etc. Just insert the optivibe tour lock below the butt end of shaft and throw the grip on it and done.

GL I hope it helps you as much as it's helped me.

Edited by Baddmnkey

Yes they have them for all clubs. The one I purchased is the Tour Lock Pro Opti-vibe. It's very easy to install, only thing you have to do is pull the grip off and insert it into the butt end of shaft and tighten down. The optivibe dampens the vibration as well and really makes the putter feel-sound softer.

For me that extra weight really smoothed out my stroke and made a pretty big difference.

I went real heavy 150g (I play my putter at 33")

If your only doing your putter you won't need to buy anything extra that they advertise such as the grip modifier etc. Just insert the optivibe tour lock below the butt end of shaft and throw the grip on it and done.

GL I hope it helps you as much as it's helped me.

I wholly agree. I too tried the tour lock weight but much lighter than yours. Still with 50g in the grip it has made a huge difference in my game. I too play at 33 inches at around 365 g head weight.

Guest kbeasley

Get a tour lock pro for putters and give it a try. Its the best $20 investment Ive made in golf gear. Smooths out my stroke and confidence went up. Now making more putts.

Totally agree. TLP works great in other clubs - I have a 50g in my driver that I shortened from 45" to 44.25" - but it seems to work best (for me) in my putters. The weight is in your hands, which is where the feel comes from. I ended up with an 80g in my 340g putter and it completely changed the feel for me - for the better. Give it a try, it is worth a few skins to find if it works for you or not.

Totally agree. TLP works great in other clubs - I have a 50g in my driver that I shortened from 45" to 44.25" - but it seems to work best (for me) in my putters. The weight is in your hands, which is where the feel comes from. I ended up with an 80g in my 340g putter and it completely changed the feel for me - for the better. Give it a try, it is worth a few skins to find if it works for you or not.

I NEVER would have thought in a million years that all that weight would make an ounce of difference but it did for me in a big way.

Hi,

I was also curious to the counterweighted putters to cure my handsy putting stroke.

Was playing with a 34" rife mallet putter, headweight of 355gr.

Switched to a 410gr mallet head from rife (which I had on a bellyputter). Then counterweighted the but end with 160gr to get the SW back to E8, with the weight moved about 6" down the shaft to get the ballance point a bit lower to the head.

Just love the result. Because of all the added weight my hands and arms are now working together with my upperbody to hold everything together, while the actual stroke is made by the shoulders.

Tested before and after on the Puttlab, stroke really improved. Opening and closing of the face was about 8dgr +/- now 3dgr. Nice acceleration in the DSW. Much better distance control.

• 3 weeks later...

I use counterweights in all my putters.

I love the balanced feeling and the weight in the hand area.