Nead Custom Putter Mokume Gane.

Maverickping

Nice exotic! The inlay patterns almost have the look of wood grain. Very unusual. Roll 'em well and enjoy!

Thanks very much! It is indeed very unique. Tried to figure out a way to explain the guilloche engraving but it is way beyond my paygrade lol so I have this link for the explanation http://en.wikipedia..../wiki/Guilloché there are only 10 of the machines in the world (rose lathe) and they are not made anymore. Gene Nead owns two of them! It is a whole different world as far as roll, feel and precision this way.

Actually I need to clarify this, there are a lot of machines that do this engraving made by many

Different mfg dating back 150 years or so, the straight line machine I have I one of 10 thy we made

By the mfg that made it, they are very rare and extremely hard to find, they are mostly made for the

Watch and jewelry industry, I purchased my machine and restored it myself as well as modified it for

My application. The face is ingraved to very close tolerances on a machine that was built in 1929.

I do also own a rose engine lathe but have yet to finish the refurb on that machine yet.

Gene

I've seen your putter over at puttertalk and it's a beauty.... Gene sure knows his stuff !! Hope she feels as great as she looks