Member Introduction Thread - Say hello and tell us about yourself!

benseattle

Hi lads,

I've been a member on here for a long time but never come round to posting in here. I'm from Enköping, an hour west of Stockholm Sweden. It is minus 20C here now so no golf for anyone.. Otherwise though I've played this game since 1983 when I was 6. Nobody in the family or school played but I told my parents this was for me. Was down to a 7 hcp at age 11 ranked behind that Stenson guy. Then I had an issue, and still do, never liked to practice. So, I ended up in college in the US. Played at San Diego, University of Tampa and LaGrange College. Was a scratch player back then. Now I'm a 3 hcp playing only 3-7 rounds per year. Last yer I got 7 in which was awesome as 2014 I didn't play a single round. Managed to shoot 76-82-72 for iuc club championships though and love beating guys that play and practice 5 times a week ?

I have a lovely wife and an 18 month old boy. Oh, and 3 horses and 4 cats. I'm an entrepreneur in online gambling and have worked in that space since 1999.

I have shoulder surgery coming up on feb 4th so I guess this willbe a year with little to no golf. I can still change my bags around a few rimes though ?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi lads,

I've been a member on here for a long time but never come round to posting in here. I'm from Enköping, an hour west of Stockholm Sweden. It is minus 20C here now so no golf for anyone.. Otherwise though I've played this game since 1983 when I was 6. Nobody in the family or school played but I told my parents this was for me. Was down to a 7 hcp at age 11 ranked behind that Stenson guy. Then I had an issue, and still do, never liked to practice. So, I ended up in college in the US. Played at San Diego, University of Tampa and LaGrange College. Was a scratch player back then. Now I'm a 3 hcp playing only 3-7 rounds per year. Last yer I got 7 in which was awesome as 2014 I didn't play a single round. Managed to shoot 76-82-72 for iuc club championships though and love beating guys that play and practice 5 times a week

I have a lovely wife and an 18 month old boy. Oh, and 3 horses and 4 cats. I'm an entrepreneur in online gambling and have worked in that space since 1999.

I have shoulder surgery coming up on feb 4th so I guess this willbe a year with little to no golf. I can still change my bags around a few rimes though

Welcome! 4 cats! your ok in my book then :)

btw whats the french wine in your pic?

Thanks Chris!

The wines are a 1982 Chateau Haut Brion, a 1984 DRC Richebourg and a 1984 DRC Grands Echezeaux. Gone since a few years ago but there are a few more goodies left ?

Love cats, too. Feel free to post pics any time. Chris and I tried to start a thread for it, but cats and their people being what (and who) they are, it didn't cooperate... <g>

Hello all. Been lurking here for some time and I am very active at another golf forum but decided to jump in with both feet to the JDM pool this year. While my bag isn't probably the most wow factor around I am pretty pleased with what I have put together. I am very pleased with the quality that I have seen out of JDM clubs. i am in my 40's and play to about a 7.

I appreciate the wealth of knowledge of the members here.

Hit em straight.

Welcome to the forum!!

I can see your bag is starting to gravitate towards full on JDM !!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,my name is Pierre,i leave in France.

Read the forum since fews month (came here because Smstef told me about you ;) ) but my poor English make me think twice before post.

Huge fan of JDM product and Epon particulary,i always enjoy read about golf material and learn what's news.

thx

Hello everybody,my name is Pierre,i leave in France.

Read the forum since fews month (came here because Smstef told me about you ;) ) but my poor English make me think twice before post.

Huge fan of JDM product and Epon particulary,i always enjoy read about golf material and learn what's news.

thx

A warm welcome to the forum, dont worry about it, people are friendly here, who care where you from or what language u speak, :)

Welcome Pierre :)

Depuis quand tu as un GP one minute ?

On s'appelle demain pour parler des bangvoo

greetings from Virginia, starting to look for new gear and am considering all types jdm has always interested me so here I am also like most nice having things people have never heard of or seen. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions so bear with me.

thanks in advance

G-off

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm new here.  I'm hoping to learn from all of the existing members about JDM gear and contribute where I can.  I'm relatively new to most of the exotic JDM gear presented on this forum (so bear with me as I learn) but I did  just acquire my first set of JDM clubs  (expecting to receive them on Wednesday of this week) from a member of this forum.  Mizuno Yoro MP5's with copper underlay, special grind, twilight finish and Nippon Modus3 Tour 125 Black Shafts.  I'm pretty excited to receive them and  join the club!  I wrote a long bio on my profile... don't waste your time reading it unless you like run-on sentences. I'm from Dallas, TX and glad to be on board.  Hoping to get back to a scratch handicap in the coming years.  I am very knowledgeable on Scotty Cameron Tour/Circle T Putters and I buy/sell/trade though my Instagram account: TourUseOnly so if anyone has any questions or if your looking for something specific then please message me and I will do my best to help.  Cheers - Jason

Greetings from Hanoi, Vietnam.

My handicap is 16. I love JDM.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-11-16 at 1:40 AM, supo said:

so.............,  beingform texas, does that mean u carry no wedges and 4 putters  with varying lofts  ?

LOL

Greetings from the cold sweden!  Love golf and JDM! 100 % is in my bag or maybe my bridgestone j815 is 50/50... Need some guidance for the best JDM glove and balls.. Fun to share this passion with all of you "materialsplayer" maybe we only use this word in Sweden..  Cheers!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello TSG enthusiasts.

I first discovered this site about five years ago and have occasionally visited since then (I spend most of my time on wrx). Like many of you I am at the point to take a more serious look at JDM offerings and slowly put together a bag. I figured that introducing myself on this site is a good place to start.

I live in Seattle and pretty much been in Washington all of my 47 years. I did live in New Orleans, LA for two years while working towards a graduate degree at Tulane University. My family background is Thai. Unfortunately I do not speak with any proficiency, but I am working on it and travel to the motherland whenever I get the chance.  I have been married for the past 18 years and have two sons and a daughter. So much of my free time is spent attending their concerts, soccer games, and gymnastic meets.  I first picked up a golf club back in high school but could not really call myself a golfer. I had a couple friends who lived on golf courses and we would sneak on in between groups to play a couple holes and drink beer from a can. Well actually we drank alot of beers and swinging a club was just an afterthought. Never really picked up the game and spent most of my time walking around golf courses drinking beer, playing soccer (futbol), got into rock climbing and mountaineering, and snow skiing. After a couple near misses up in the mountains, I decided to hang up my crampons and look at golf again. And I never looked back. I thought I would never find anything as expensive a skiing but here I am trying to find deals here on the BST.

thanks and looking forward to being a part of this community and learning from you all.

Cheers!

Edited by Dr.Shankenstein

4 hours ago, Dr.Shankenstein said:

Hello TSG enthusiasts.

I first discovered this site about five years ago and have occasionally visited since then (I spend most of my time on wrx). Like many of you I am at the point to take a more serious look at JDM offerings and slowly put together a bag. I figured that introducing myself on this site is a good place to start.

I live in Seattle and pretty much been in Washington all of my 47 years. I did live in New Orleans, LA for two years while working towards a graduate degree at Tulane University. My family background is Thai. Unfortunately I do not speak with any proficiency, but I am working on it and travel to the motherland whenever I get the chance.  I have been married for the past 18 years and have two sons and a daughter. So much of my free time is spent attending their concerts, soccer games, and gymnastic meets.  I first picked up a golf club back in high school but could not really call myself a golfer. I had a couple friends who lived on golf courses and we would sneak on in between groups to play a couple holes and drink beer from a can. We'll actually we drank alot of beers and swinging a club was just an afterthought. Never really picked up the game and spent most of my time walking around golf courses drinking beer, playing soccer (futbol), got into rock climbing and mountaineering, and snow skiing. After a couple near misses up in the mountains, I decided to hang up my crampons and look at golf again. And I never looked back. I thought I would never find anything as expensive a skiing but here I am trying to find deals here on the BST.

thanks and looking forward to being a part of this community and learning from you all.

Cheers!

Welcome Dr, glad to have to here.

59 minutes ago, Dr.Shankenstein said:

Thanks! I am not really a doctor, but I have been called a Dr. before.

Well welcome Shanky then ?

Welcome. I rarely if ever check in at wrx anymore but I have made some friends there. You'll enjoy this community and its enthusiasm.