Member Introduction Thread - Say hello and tell us about yourself!

benseattle

New member and new golfer. I play my golf in Central Scotland. Recently bought a set of blades with the idea that I’d practice my ball striking with them. I currently play off 32, but that’s going to drop rapidly when the competitive season starts. 

I hit the blades so well I’m using them! Googling blades took me to the Japanese market so here I am. Thinking I’ll get wedges first then a set of irons. On here as I love the craftsmanship I’ve seen so far and want to discuss and learn before purchasing. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Siolag said:

New member and new golfer. I play my golf in Central Scotland. Recently bought a set of blades with the idea that I’d practice my ball striking with them. I currently play off 32, but that’s going to drop rapidly when the competitive season starts. 

I hit the blades so well I’m using them! Googling blades took me to the Japanese market so here I am. Thinking I’ll get wedges first then a set of irons. On here as I love the craftsmanship I’ve seen so far and want to discuss and learn before purchasing. 

Welcome.

On 2/7/2020 at 6:53 AM, Siolag said:

Welcome to the forum! There’s plenty of people on here who are happy to answer any questions you have, so don’t be shy 

• 1 month later...

This is my second post, I offered up some Oban shafts to another Forum member if needed, a bit out of order...whoops. 🙃 I have dabbled in the JDM market, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for.  Played some Miura CB-57, Baby Blades, and keep coming back to the Fourteen FH 900, but they look quite large to me vs. the Fujimoto mini blade I practice with.

31 minutes ago, MattStrube said:

This is my second post, I offered up some Oban shafts to another Forum member if needed, a bit out of order...whoops. 🙃 I have dabbled in the JDM market, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for.  Played some Miura CB-57, Baby Blades, and keep coming back to the Fourteen FH 900, but they look quite large to me vs. the Fujimoto mini blade I practice with.

Welcome! If you’re looking for recommendations for other irons you could try similar to the FH900’s I think you came to the right place, lots of members on here who’ve tried tons of JDM gear and are happy to give recommendations. If you’re looking for irons similar to the baby blades/mini blade i think that might be tough to find tho, at least from more modern models. Not many still produce those super small and super pure style heads anymore. Love to have a whole set of those Fuji mini blades tho, that’d be sweet 

Hi and welcome. Try a set of the Tourstage MR-23 US Spec blades. Small and beautifully soft, for me anyway 🙂

3 hours ago, gregoire56 said:

Welcome! If you’re looking for recommendations for other irons you could try similar to the FH900’s I think you came to the right place, lots of members on here who’ve tried tons of JDM gear and are happy to give recommendations. If you’re looking for irons similar to the baby blades/mini blade i think that might be tough to find tho, at least from more modern models. Not many still produce those super small and super pure style heads anymore. Love to have a whole set of those Fuji mini blades tho, that’d be sweet 

Awesome, thank you.  I'm actually looking for something smaller than the FH900/ FH 1000 blade, but bigger than the Baby Blade.  Thinking about just doing MP 20s

1 minute ago, MattStrube said:

Awesome, thank you.  I'm actually looking for something smaller than the FH900/ FH 1000 blade, but bigger than the Baby Blade.  Thinking about just doing MP 20s

The MP20’s are definitely not a small MB, they’re probably a little bigger than your FH900’s. There are lots of models you can find with a size that’s between a baby blade and an MP20 

• 9 months later...

Hello TS Golfers! New member here... well, have been lurking behind the scenes for a while now, but a jBeam in the BST forum brought me forth from the shadows!

I live in South Australia and have been playing regularly since the beginning of 2020. Currently shooting off 22 and trending downward ever so slowly. 

I'm somewhat addicted to golf, and this carries over to the equipment with a passion for JDM! So far I have...

Irons:

TM P790s (current gamers), Adams CMB, Adams MB2, 2015 OnOff Kuro, Bridgestone J40 DPC, Mizuno MP32

Drivers:

TM M1 and M2 (2016), TM M2 (2017), Mizuno MP-Type 2, jBeam KZ-5 (on it's way thanks to Hutchy!)

Hmm, perhaps I shouldn't have joined!

2 hours ago, DMG_Golf said:

Hello TS Golfers! New member here... well, have been lurking behind the scenes for a while now, but a jBeam in the BST forum brought me forth from the shadows!

I live in South Australia and have been playing regularly since the beginning of 2020. Currently shooting off 22 and trending downward ever so slowly. 

I'm somewhat addicted to golf, and this carries over to the equipment with a passion for JDM! So far I have...

Irons:

TM P790s (current gamers), Adams CMB, Adams MB2, 2015 OnOff Kuro, Bridgestone J40 DPC, Mizuno MP32

Drivers:

TM M1 and M2 (2016), TM M2 (2017), Mizuno MP-Type 2, jBeam KZ-5 (on it's way thanks to Hutchy!)

Welcome to the forum! Golf, as well as JDM, is highly addictive so you did the right thing and joined us here 🙂 

19 hours ago, DMG_Golf said:

Irons:

Drivers:

Hi Dave.....Pleasure dealing with you. Welcome to the forum brother.

Very good crew here on TSG with a wide variety of civil opinion, debate and of course plenty of gear....Lots of nice shiny JDM gear......:atsg_logo_anim:

Any questions, or if your unsure about anything, just reach out, we will all be happy to help if we can, I am sure of that.

Edited by hutchy

Hello , 

Golf is my passion ! As a youngster I learned the game at a time when equipment discussion was not as prevalent as it is today. Consequently, I seem to be "old school" by focusing mostly on technique rather than equipment. That said, while I get reasonably good shot results from 460CC drivers my preference is to swing 300CC to 400CC size drivers, and the search for same is what led me to this forum. Glad to be here :)

• 6 months later...
19 hours ago, Whistle said:

Hi, new to the forum. I have made my first post regarding PRGR irons. From the UK and have just discovered the above clubs.

Hi there fellow UK'er.

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, christina12 said:

Hello everyone! I am new in this board.

Hi there.

How's life working as a caddie? Must be fun.

8 minutes ago, christina12 said:

Hi everyone! I am new at this forum and I just started to play golf.

Oh dear.

• 4 months later...
On 4/6/2020 at 5:53 PM, gregoire56 said:

If you look at the Baldo Corsa Black Knight MC Type irons, you’ll find a beautiful set of JDM forged irons with some added forgiveness, in a compact head shape similar to the baby blades. I have just received the heads after toying with the idea for a year or more. They are stunning and my grips will arrive in 10 hours so I will be testing them within 13 hours at the most. 

• 1 month later...

Hi there. I’m a golf noob and jdm golf clubs lover. 
Hi Romain 👋🏼😄

Welcome Thomas!