Member Introduction Thread - Say hello and tell us about yourself!

benseattle

welcome Thomas 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello friends my name is Alex B I’m from Dallas, TX. I am a huge fan of JDM and custom golf equipment. 

On 7/24/2022 at 4:25 PM, AlexB said:

Hello friends my name is Alex B I’m from Dallas, TX. I am a huge fan of JDM and custom golf equipment. 

Hi there.

• 1 month later...

I've been playing golf for nearly 70 years now, well enough to have it pay for college and poorly enough that now, my ego can hardly stand me anymore.

I lived in the Caribbean for a number of years and learned to play in the wind. That style has served me much better than throwing darts and to this day, people look at me, (6'7", 235 lbs), and wonder what the hell I'm doing.

My joys are my family, my 2 goofy little dogs, my golf library and this crazy game we love.

BTW - My screen name comes from my Bichon Frise, Hogan...

I hope this finds you all well...

Edited by Hogans Daddy

• Hi there. Playing golf for nearly 70 years, wow!

• 9 months later...

Hello all,

Back in the game after a long break and now have a 4 year old tearing up the course his first summer out. We are so stoked 

IMG_2023-04-26-10-16-55-495.thumb.jpg.1267390e8c46d67b216c2ef7eca45d06.jpg

On 9/18/2022 at 9:47 AM, bngolfer said:

Welcome Mr Hogan!

Thank heavens my last name isn't really Hogan, or people might expect a whole lot more from me on the golf course. Actually, my name is Dennis Miller, the same as the comedian who was popular some years ago. Since I'm older than him, I consider his use of my name to be identity theft and if I ever meet him, I'll squash him like a bug. That probably means I'll lost my balance and simply fall on him, but it sounds better to be macho.   🙂

5 hours ago, Hogans Daddy said:

Thank heavens my last name isn't really Hogan, or people might expect a whole lot more from me on the golf course. Actually, my name is Dennis Miller, the same as the comedian who was popular some years ago. Since I'm older than him, I consider his use of my name to be identity theft and if I ever meet him, I'll squash him like a bug. That probably means I'll lost my balance and simply fall on him, but it sounds better to be macho.   🙂

Wow you took your time to reply! Welcome.

Where was Dennis Miller popular?

On 6/23/2023 at 4:34 PM, ElAzul said:

Hello all,

Back in the game after a long break and now have a 4 year old tearing up the course his first summer out. We are so stoked 

IMG_2023-04-26-10-16-55-495.thumb.jpg.1267390e8c46d67b216c2ef7eca45d06.jpg

Hello and welcome. With that swing you do know your child will beat you at this crazy game one day 😞

• 6 months later...

Hey everyone, I’m Dan… Boston, MA.

I am a photographer and educator and a passionate golfer.  I don’t know where my interest in JDM came from but the last few years I’ve purchased (and sold) quite a few things looking for that magic feel.

currently playing a set of Proto Concept C07’s (about to be reshafted with auto flex shafts), Miura K grind wedges, A grind design 5 wood, PRGR egg driver.

Looking forward to getting to know folks here.

18 hours ago, DDBowdoin said:

Hey everyone, I’m Dan… Boston, MA.

I am a photographer and educator and a passionate golfer.  I don’t know where my interest in JDM came from but the last few years I’ve purchased (and sold) quite a few things looking for that magic feel.

currently playing a set of Proto Concept C07’s (about to be reshafted with auto flex shafts), Miura K grind wedges, A grind design 5 wood, PRGR egg driver.

Looking forward to getting to know folks here.

Hey Dan,

Welcome! This place is not quite what it used to be but new blood is always good. Looking forward to interact and reading about your experiences with JDM.

• 1 month later...

I'm retired, but have the ultimate retired guy job--mowing greens, fairways and tees at the local muni during golf season, which it about mid-March to late October around here (Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA).  During the off season, I seem to be accumulating surgeries. 

I had to take 15 years off of playing golf, mainly due to work travels, which, combined with old age (67), has resulted in a significant loss of distance, but with a corresponding gain in dispersion.  I'd rather be breaking 90, but on those days that I don't, I still enjoy playing with the group of old-timers from work.  Every birdie in every foursome requires a shot of bourbon for all!

I'm excited to have found this site, and will no doubt have many questions about Japanese clubs, as I find myself it the market for a new set of irons this year.  As soon as the surgeon gives me the OK to swing a club:tsg_smiley_rain:

Edited by Carl Spackler
Typo

Hi Everyone, 

I’m Addie, a golf enthusiast based in Australia. 

I'm quite new to the game of golf. My boss, who’s an avid golfer, convinced me to give it a try 2 years ago, and I’ve been hooked since. Currently gaming the Titleist 695mb irons, which has led me down the rabbit hole of forged blades, and eventually, the mystique of JDM irons brought me to this great forum here…am honestly amazed at how resourceful and knowledgeable the members are!

Keen to learn more, ask questions, and eventually share my own experience with JDM gears when it comes to time (currently looking to get the 2008 Yamaha X V Forged irons). 

Cheers!

On 3/5/2024 at 1:39 AM, supo said:

2009 better....., 

The 2009's I bought from you were amazing. Still play the 4 iron.