Member Introduction Thread - Say hello and tell us about yourself!

benseattle

I second (or third) the welcome. Always nice to see new people join in. 

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the JDM golf scene but have absolutely been bitten by the bug. I live in San Diego where I'm blessed to be able to play golf year round. A friend of mine, who is in the military, frequently travels to Japan and swears by JDM clubs. He showed me his set of Miuras and I was hooked. I actually went to Japan last year and bought a whole new (used) set. Right now the JDM clubs in my bag are:  OnOff AKA 2015 Driver, Katana Voltio 5 wood, 2014 PRGR Egg Spoon Fairway 7 Wood, OnOff 2016 AKA Red Wings Hybrid 22 degree, Fourteen TC550 irons, & Fourteen RM-21 58 degree. And I'm headed back to Japan later this year! I'm not the best golfer (17 hcp) but I am completely addicted and play about once a week. 

• 1 month later...

My name is Bob Smith.  I have been playing golf for 60 years.  I am a 3 Handicap.  I play Miura Irons and PXG Driver and 3 Wood.  Titlest 4 & 5 Hybrids, Edel Putter.

I have always enjoyed playing with Miura Irons and Wedges.  I will vary my Drivers, 3 Woods and Hybrids.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-06-26 at 5:05 PM, bsmith said:

My name is Bob Smith.  I have been playing golf for 60 years.  I am a 3 Handicap.  I play Miura Irons and PXG Driver and 3 Wood.  Titlest 4 & 5 Hybrids, Edel Putter.

I have always enjoyed playing with Miura Irons and Wedges.  I will vary my Drivers, 3 Woods and Hybrids.

Welcome Bob! I hope you will enjoy things around here. Some of the guys here are wells of knowledge.

Welcome all.

• 2 months later...

Hello all!
FNG here, my name is Duane!  Originally from Chicago, USA, I have been living and working in Singapore for the past year.  Recently took up golf again after a 9 year hiatus and Singapore is great for weather, year round golf and...... JDM!

Have acquired the following so far:

• Epon Personnal 3
  • Metal Factory driver
  • miura k grind sw

All picked up used but in excellent condition.   There is a cavalcade of used JDM here!  

If you want to know my handicap it's.... non existent lol but I am currently taking lessons from an Aussie pro.  Anyway just wanted to say hi and introduce myself!

Welcome, Duane. 

Hi there 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Missed you all...   I'm back from back injury, wow it feels good to get out in the sun and hit the water.

• 2 months later...

I'm a retiree from New England who played in the 7 to 9 range for years before retirement.  Now, with the opportunity to play more often, decrepitude seems to have taken single digit handicaps from my picture forever.  Coordination, flexibility, timing, balance, and strength seem to be the only things diminishing, so I just don't understand why my game is sliding. 

Also, the absence of steel spikes bothers me as much now as when I first had to make the adjustment.  I guess I'm not GrumpyOldMan for nothing.

But this is a great game that we have.  My senior membership that covers golf on  weekdays only is a bargain because the non-member-owned club's other facilities are still available on the weekend.  Also, the 1906 Donald Ross design, fully restored a century later in '08/09 , is relatively short and senior friendly compared to most other tracks in the area.  

Two Epon long irons make me a legitimate Tour Spec forum candidate!  At 20 and 23º, they're my 1, 2, 3, and 4-irons now, but I've got 18.5 and 23º fairway  "woods"  essentially overlapping them.   Old Grumpy configures a bag his way!

I'll await my posts becoming visible so I can meet the other forum members.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. 

Hey!

• 9 months later...
7 hours ago, Franz123 said:

I'm the newest member of this community please welcome me! 🙂

Hi. 

Hey Franz - welcome to a place full of nerds and knowledge.

• 2 months later...

Hello All,

Hope everyone is well and hitting the course often.

I'm a fan of the "persimmon" era clubs living in the thrift/charity shop heaven that is Phoenix, Arizona. I've picked up sets of clubs in the dusty thrifts that I drooled over as a young man - and paid what can only be described as a song.

Recently I found a set of Yamaha "All Round" AR-1s and all I can say is WOW! These are, by far and away, the nicest feeling irons I've played.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find specs for these clubs anywhere. Does anyone here have manufacture date and/or loft/lie specs for the set (3-SW)? Do they belong in a Japanese golf museum? I'm not sure I'd want to let them go even if they did...

Thanks in advance for any help!

IMG_0139x3.jpg

Hi.

12 hours ago, AZ_Bandit said:

Okay - either something is wrong with the forums or someone is spamming this thread. I'm hesitant to report as I'm a noob and don't know if this happens often...

Spam