PRGR shaft equivalent or closest ?

robertajane

Hi,

I have a part set of older (30 yrs) PRGR ladies irons. marked CT503 on the heads. 6,8,9,W,SW. I bought a similar PRGR 7 iron head and want to put a shaft in it that might be close to the CT-503 M34 shaft in the others ?

I know they are ladies clubs, and are quite short too. PRGR on Facebook have told me they dont have info for that sfaft other than for #7 iron weight was about 62g ? (Suprises me they don't know ?)

they are nice simple heads and probably forged ?

I had planned to reshaft them all with some Aldila regula shafts I bought, but have gone off th eidea as I think the heads may be too light for me to play as I use men's clubs with regular shafts ?

Wondered if anyone could identify an equivalent or closest curren ladies shaft ? My idea is to do that and sell them on, so some young lady could benefit from these fime clubs ?

I suppose one way might be to sehaft the lot with modern ladies shafts but that involves getting more shafts ?

thanks !

Roberta Jane

Hello and welcome. Glad to have someone else from the UK on here.

So these iron heads are 30 years old. Did I read that correct? I can't see what benefit you'd have in trying to re-shaft and then sell these on to someone else. I doubt you'd make much money from the sale, taking in to account the new shafts and install, plus the new owner is getting a set of clubs that are way behind in golf technology, new shafts or not.

I might be wrong though :)

Agreed, 30 years is a very long time(longer than I've been around), especially the past 3 decades as alot of golf gear has totally transformed from what was played that long ago.....