Heavy Putter Shaft - what weight head?

mygreenaliem

For those who use "normal" putter length (not anchored) and have a heavy putter shaft (like an NS Pro 150g), what weight is your putter head and did you counter balance at butt end too?

Having a custom putter built and want to get the spec right (ish...)

Thanks.

I've used heavy putter shafts in the past, always kept the head weight somewhere in the realm of normal for me, maybe a bit heavier, 365-370 grams where I normally prefer 360 grams.

I use the 149g ns heavy shaft in two of my current putters mostly for the enhanced feel. It seems to filter unwanted vibration better than other shafts. Impact feels softer and the added weight keeps the tempo of my stroke in check. I have not thought too deeply into the swing weight aspect, though. I know that Odysseys Tank series counter balances their heavy head.

Edited by nobmontana

The beauty Carl of making your putter from scratch is you are not forced into counterbalancing if the swing weight is way too high. We will be able to calculate all the parts and make the right headweight for you paired with your shaft of choice and grip.

Gold's tends to build on the very high swing weight side which is good for distance and feel but not so great on really fast greens.

While in the west every one says swing weight, here in Japan people always say balance which is perfect for describing what we want to achieve in a club, the right balance.