Yamaha 2014 Inpres RMX Lineup details!

gocchin

Today marked the announcement of the new Yamaha line for 2014.

First impressions are that the products look very good save for the over stamping/branding on a few of them.

Love the new cavity backs and the blade is actually quite nice.

We of course have demos coming in next month and as always I will blog about each new product in detail.

In the meantime check out the video previews of all the products!

Promo video for full lineup (the videos below are split off from this video for drivers and irons).

http://youtu.be/r3pOZUf4pRw

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RMX adjustable FW

RMX adjustable UT

post-8383-0-39680200-1382358822.jpg

No video for the woods above.

The largest number of iron and wedge releases ever by Yamaha.

RMX Maraging

RMX Forged

RMX Tourmodel CB

RMX Tourmodel MB

RMX Tourmodel Wedge

RMX Forged Wedge

http://youtu.be/r1lRXfsuXn8

post-8383-0-37320600-1382358836.jpg

Specs and technical diagrams. Notice the head shapes and weight placements in different models.

13 different adjustable weights available!!!

4g up to 22 grams.... crazy!

post-8383-0-36470800-1382359356.jpg

post-8383-0-09135600-1382359367.jpg

post-8383-0-10032700-1382359565.jpg

post-8383-0-21688400-1382415235.jpg

PRE ORDER INFORMATION

As you all know, the tour models are all limited and like every year the 2014 models will be sold out even before we hit 2014.

I will have all pre order info here tomorrow so stay tuned to this post.

Release dates:

Irons: Nov 23rd!!

Drivers: Dec 14th!!

First up is the pre order info for the irons, as they are released first and typically sell out the fastest.

Below is the MSRP of each iron.

RMX Tourmodel MB

5-PW with S200 1320.00

3 and 4 iron 220.00 each (4 iron is more readily available as 3 iron is a special order)

Shaft options include Modus3 and KBS Tour as well as Nippon 950 1050 and DG Tour Issue (upgrade charge).

-----------------------------

RMX Tourmodel CB

5-PW with S200 or Modus3 Stiff 1200.00

3 and 4 iron 200.00 each (4 iron is more readily available as 3 iron is a special order)

Shaft options include Modus3 and KBS Tour as well as Nippon 950 1050 and DG Tour Issue (upgrade charge).

------------------------------

RMX FORGED

7-PW with NS Pro RMX 95 S or 85 R 780.00

4, 5 , 6 iron 195.00 each

7-PW with TMX-614i Graphite 880.00

4, 5 , 6 iron 220.00 each

------------------------------

RMX Maraging

7-PW with NS Pro RMX 95 S or 85 R 780.00

4, 5 , 6 iron 195.00 each

7-PW with TMX-614i Graphite 880.00

4, 5 , 6 iron 220.00 each

The reason why the Forged and Maraging are sold as 7-PW sets is that they expect golfers to go for combo sets ie Maraging in 5 and 6 iron with Forged in 7 8 9 PW for example or those who go Maraging in 7-PW to get #5 and #6 utilities.

---------------------------------

RMX Tourmodel Wedge 52/8 56/12 58/12

S200 or Modus3 Stiff 195.00 each

--------------------------------

RMX Forged Wedge 50/7 56/12

NS Pro RMX 95 S or 85 R 195.00 each

TMX-614i Graphite 220.00 each

All irons begin shipping Nov 23rd.

You must pre order not only to make sure you get a set but also to make sure you get early shipping.

Any custom orders will take longer and ship sometime after the official shipping date.

Please email me at [email protected] with the subject, Yamaha Pre-order and what you would like to order. You need to make sure you already have a pro shop account.

hello all, i am new here and this is my first post, i am in the market for the Yamaha 2013 V-forged irons with NS PRO 950, and just before i am about to buy a set, my shop told me there is this new series called RMX released to replace the v-forged series? In this case, i wanna ask, is RMX forged the new V-forged or is it the RMX Tourmodel CB?

i've checked their ebook for the 2014 catalog, and i dont see any standard steel shaft available for the RMX forged? i have to admit i really like the RMX tourmodel CB and though i dont under much japanese, seems they do compare the feel of V-Forged to the CB, so i assume CB = V-forged for the RMX series?

MANUFACTURING:

According to the website, drivers are made in China and the irons are made in Japan.

Edited by bogeydog

hello all, i am new here and this is my first post, i am in the market for the Yamaha 2013 V-forged irons with NS PRO 950, and just before i am about to buy a set, my shop told me there is this new series called RMX released to replace the v-forged series? In this case, i wanna ask, is RMX forged the new V-forged or is it the RMX Tourmodel CB?

i've checked their ebook for the 2014 catalog, and i dont see any standard steel shaft available for the RMX forged? i have to admit i really like the RMX tourmodel CB and though i dont under much japanese, seems they do compare the feel of V-Forged to the CB, so i assume CB = V-forged for the RMX series?

Looks like the Tour Model CB has either a Modus 3 or DG S200 stock offering, the MB only the S200 in steel...

Do the drivers come in 8.5 and are they face angle adjustable?

Do the drivers come in 8.5 and are they face angle adjustable?

From my reading, 9 or 10 degree and the adjustability is restricted to lie angle and the weight ports...

From my reading, 9 or 10 degree and the adjustability is restricted to lie angle and the weight ports...

Boooooooo!

I am excited about the direction of the irons. I am glad they consolidated the line and there are obvious intentions for each. The MB looks great. The CB looks like the 08 and 12 in sole design which IMO were the best for most better players. The other models look nice also. What I don't see is the vast shaft options for custom orders built by Yamaha. Not a big deal.

I am not sure what they are doing with the drivers. Will be interesting to see who they attract and how they perform.

A couple of things here. Adjustable driver from Endo, still too expensive to make, hence manufacturers go elsewhere. Hopefully Yamaha has learned from their Remix recall, and gotten things right.

For the irons all of them are made in Japan however, only the tour models are forged at Endo.

The RMX Forged has a similar back face to the ONOFF but is not aas round overall features more perimeter cavity weighting vs sole weighting in the ONOFF, as more of a double sole grind. It's also S25C vs S20C.

I am excited about the direction of the irons. I am glad they consolidated the line and there are obvious intentions for each. The MB looks great. The CB looks like the 08 and 12 in sole design which IMO were the best for most better players. The other models look nice also. What I don't see is the vast shaft options for custom orders built by Yamaha. Not a big deal.

I am not sure what they are doing with the drivers. Will be interesting to see who they attract and how they perform.

They do have custom options again though the catalog for custom is not available yet.

Here are some of the prelimnary shafts available.

post-8383-0-40173100-1382401811.jpg

Just curious on how the CB's have compared to the Titliest VG3 models.

Just curious on how the CB's have compared to the Titliest VG3 models.

Henry its hard to say since they were just announced and have not been released yet. The RMX forged would be along the same lines but most likely longer in distance if they are anything like the older D Forged.