Opinions on Honma Driver

jackchitwong

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and would like to use this opportunity to say hello to you all!

I am interesting getting myself a Honma Driver. So like to get some review, opinion or feedback from the community, on the Tour World series and/or Beres series!

Thanks!!

Hell, with a +5 handicap, your don't need to change anything in your bag. Maybe you can get an endorsement deal from Honma though.

What says Duffer!

So true.

Now about Honma: IMHO the quality is top, way above all the traditional brands (TM, Titleist, Callaway, etc...)

If you don't want to mess with a fitter (what I did for a longtime) and buy off the rack stuff, you can't go wrong. Now If you compare with the small Japanese boutique brands, it's different..

I think the main strength of Honma is in their shafts, the Armrq6 and now the Armrq8

They also add a new line, of shafts, the "Vizzard": These are cheaper and made more for the US and European market to compete against the traditional brands.

If you have to buy a Honma driver, buy it with an Armrq shaft.

According to your swing you have a huge choice in the brand, you can chose different heads (TW serie has 3 different sizes and the Beres has the C-1 and S-02) with different Armrq8 shafts ( 54 & 62 gr).

I see you are in HK, Honma has an incredible store there, you should go and have a look. Unfortunately the day I was there the sales persons didn't know much about what they were selling.

LOL!

The stuff they sell at the HK store are way overpriced IMO. You can get just as good or better gear for half the price. Granted that armrq are good shafts but so are Crazy, TRPX and Fire Express. Besides a few wedges, a putter and an old hybrid, my own experience is only limited to a game with the Beres 701 irons and own a used set of LB280 briefly.

Edited by Duffer19

Thanks for all the replies!! I am heading to the Honma store and check out their gears this weekend! Is there anything that you guys want me to check out as well?

Stay tune!

One more from HK! Welcome to the forum ... Two Honma shops in HK: TST and CWB ... expensive and not the best gear IMHO. Tho it has been very popular among mainlanders. Take a look at the TSG Store link and surf through the forum to learn more about other Japanese brands

One more from HK! Welcome to the forum ... Two Honma shops in HK: TST and CWB ... expensive and not the best gear IMHO. Tho it has been very popular among mainlanders. Take a look at the TSG Store link and surf through the forum to learn more about other Japanese brands

I couldn't agree more...Honma was my favourite brand in the old days, now is for rich mainlanders. They have no idea how to play, just want to show off expensive, golden stuff..........

I couldn't agree more...Honma was my favourite brand in the old days, now is for rich mainlanders. They have no idea how to play, just want to show off expensive, golden stuff..........

The brand goes with this cliche

The Honma Perfect Switch 440 is a very solid driver. The problem is that is only was available in a 9 degree loft. Armrq shafts are top grade.

Had a few swings with all 3 of the Tour World drivers just last week. I preferred the 455 for feel. Both this and the 430 had an Armrq shaft in stiff. The 460, which was my least favourite had the Vizard shaft in stiff. They all look great though, especially the smaller heads. Tried one of their latest wedges too and that seemed pretty good.