Yururi Tour Wedge

RIduffer

Has anyone played these wedges before? How were they spin, feel, size, etc? What other general thoughts did you have regarding them? MA about to build a set of the PDG irons and thought these might make a nice complement...

they are great. probably one of the most versatile sole grinds out there. compact head, looks great at address. spin is off the charts even with conforming version. have a 60 here which i went back to after dabbling with s-yard bold for a while. would be nice to hear from you on those pdg irons, interested in them as well.

I dont think you can go wrong with these wedges.

Both the conforming and non conforming perform great and to be honest I cant say a bad word about them.

I preferred the Raw Gekku but really cant tell you why.

There was a great review written by Jake Barnes i think which really is worth reading. I may have that wrong though but others will remember it as it was one of the better pieces I ahve read

A seriously good wedge, my first JDM wedges I believe, don't know why I haven't played them much lately. Sole grind is very versatile, but also unique, much different to what you see on most wedges, nice round shape to the wedges, they're fairly small, the finish is attractive and holds up pretty well. Spin wise they're very good, they aren't crazy spinners like the Gekkus, but they definitely generate above average spin, spin control is excellent and where they really shine, very easy to give these the amount of zing you want when the ball hits the ground, as far as feel goes, they feel very nice, better than most, not quite as nice as a few others(Maru's, Fourteen TS), it's not a soft spongy feel, but also not a clicky ultra solid feel, definitely more in the middle of the spectrum, they're soft but not mushy and definitely give you responsivelness depending on where you hit the ball on the face. Overall a seriously good wedge thait works well in most conditions.

My first serous jdm wede had so many of them its ahrd to keep count

Prob the most versatile grind ive found alongside the kenmochi

But a lot nicer to play

Not that there is .but if i had to say one non positive word i found them"long"

The blade is longer than. I prefer

For spin lock it down these are perfect

i know what you mean but i think its some kind of optical illusion due to blade shape/grind. not betting on it coz i didnt measure but seems that way doing side by side with other wedges. at address looks kinda longer and narrower than others. doesnt bother me, in fact i really like the shape and how it looks at address. those guys definitely know their grinding.

Not that there is .but if i had to say one non positive word i found them"long"

The blade is longer than. I prefer

i know what you mean but i think its some kind of optical illusion due to blade shape/grind. not betting on it coz i didnt measure but seems that way doing side by side with other wedges. at address looks kinda longer and narrower than others. doesnt bother me, in fact i really like the shape and how it looks at address. those guys definitely know their grinding.

I think it's because the face is more shallow than most wedges so it appears long and thin. These wedges are classic, I think the most consistently sold wedge on TSG over the years. It's time for a new version IMO, even though nothing is wrong with them.

I think they look long (however I did check against my other wedges andit is just an illusion). That said I really like the shape of the as well!

Purchased a 52* and 58* conforming about 2 months ago and I'm seriously blown away. Previously played titleist vokeys which were fine...but the Yururi's, instant love affair! Bags of spin, can't imagine how much the raws would spin 'cause these can seriously back up on full shots. Very versatile and responsive around the greens, could not ask more of them, they're doing absolutely everything I could want from them. Very happy, highly recommend!

i think the only practical drawback is how they chew balls. like prov1 not gonna last long with these. when its dry and you do a full shot off clean lie and you got pieces of ball cover stuck in the grooves and then you get that ball on the green with splinters on it like it went thru a shredder or something. this is conforming version mind you. i have no idea if its actually conforming or just labeled as such. also they rust real quick. i dont mind that but some people cant stand rust.

i think the only practical drawback is how they chew balls. like prov1 not gonna last long with these. when its dry and you do a full shot off clean lie and you got pieces of ball cover stuck in the grooves and then you get that ball on the green with splinters on it like it went thru a shredder or something. this is conforming version mind you. i have no idea if its actually conforming or just labeled as such. also they rust real quick. i dont mind that but some people cant stand rust.

You think they label it conforming even though it is not?

i dont wanna say that because that would be pure speculation but i have other conforming wedges and hit same shots with them and they dont shred that much and some of them dont shred at all. eliminating sharp edges was one of the goals of new groove rules to my understanding so if edges are still very sharp and they are and the wedge label says conforming their are either doing something smart and cheating regulations (like what driver designers do with cheating cor tests) or they are labeling them wrong. it doesnt really matter to me as i'm not in the ranks of pro or elite amateur players but this sorta left me puzzled purely curiosity wise. maybe my wedge got wrong paintfill on it and its as simple as that.

You think they label it conforming even though it is not?

There are non conforming wedges that spin less than conforming wedges and vice versa. Considering that everyone says the same thing about Yururi and has for years about spin I don't think it's a matter of paint fill but rather design and maybe a trick in there that nobody knows about.

In any case I pinged Gocchin about a 52/58 combo to compliment the PDGs I have waiting to be built.

Adding the 388 to that bag, I'll just need black satin finished putter and FWs/UTs and I'll have a stealth bag...

• 2 weeks later...