Home Theater Bose or Samsung??

hello people, i was wondering if anyone here was really much into technology, since i sold my old yamaha home theater system i was thinking to upgrade a little but and trust me it was a difficult battle between many brands and types and models so i'm basically stuck bwtween two now and can't decide since i never had any of the following brands and i would appreciate any help!

i can't decide between the bose lifestyle v35 black and the samsung ht bd2t

Neither would be on my list. Seperates only here, no box stuff. Go with a medium price Onkyo, Demon, or Yamaha receiver and a set of nice speakers and a sub. HSU or SVS for the subs.

I've always found Bose to be on the bright side but if you are not an audiophile it will do. They are also great for hiding away. If you want to go components, I would still recommend a speaker system from Definitive Tech. Great powered system that do a good enough job for music or movies. It's not a high end system as well so its affordable and they last and are resilient to kids and stuff. If you want high end, that's a whole separate (and very costly discussion) discussion and its not just speakers you need to look at… pre power, interconnects etc all come into play.

Based solely on your 2 brands raised, I'd go Bose.

"No highs, no lows, get Bose" is what they say.

Don't do home theatre in a box. Mostly crap.

Pioneer Elite, Yamaha Aventage, Denon, Marantz, Sony ES, Anthem, Cambridge audio, NAD, Arcam.

All of those are solid choices for a receiver. For speakers, too many to list but check out audiogon.com for huge savings on well taken care of, high quality equipment that is far better money spent than buying a new home theatre in a box.

B&w all the way for speakers. Im extremely loyal

To the diamaonds and nautilus line. Velodyne sub

For amos receivers and the like check out audiogon

Too many to list and would depend on ehat your looking for

And budget

Yea it depends on your ear, If you are an audiophile and have a few bucks to blow buy as components and assemble a system. Make sure it looks good in your house!

• 4 weeks later...

So many of these speakers & subs just clutter up the room, Is there anything that can sit flush in wall for the minimalist?

I haven't found a high quality in wall solution yet.

So many of these speakers & subs just clutter up the room, Is there anything that can sit flush in wall for the minimalist?

I haven't found a high quality in wall solution yet.

It's hard, maybe near impossible to get high quality sound with flush in wall type systems Chris. Speakers and subs need a certain amount of size and distance away from walls to generate good sound for mid and especially low range.

• 4 weeks later...

I would say H.G. or B&O if you have extra budget, but if I have to pick one out of those two choice I'll probably go for Bose.