Prefered Scratch finish

dodge

Thinking of getting another Scratch wedge and curious what is the most desired finish? I have the antique finish but since I recieved mine Ari has come up with new ones. Also, anyone have the round wedges and how does this shape compare with Vokey?

Well i know it has become fairly common now but i still love the satin finish. the scratch satin finish looks amazing since they retain more of the grain than say a vokey + i know from personal experience that it holds up far better too.

Well i know it has become fairly common now but i still love the satin finish. the scratch satin finish looks amazing since they retain more of the grain than say a vokey + i know from personal experience that it holds up far better too.

Patrick, I'm thinking of going satin as well. The Antique is (very) nice but satin suits my eye a little more. The thing is, I know that as soon as I'd have them refinished then I'd miss the Antique. Such is life....

Just put my order in last Friday. Still debating to go either antique or antique full grain. When Ari is back from his vacation tomorrow I will talk about it with him and then make my final decision. Maybe he has even a better suggestion. As long as it's not plated, like my wedges to rust, I'm still open for ideas.

Figured also out what to stamp on them to personalize. Don't want to use my initials, so I came up with a bid of a corny joke .... hehehe ...

haribo

Just put my order in last Friday. Still debating to go either antique or antique full grain. When Ari is back from his vacation tomorrow I will talk about it with him and then make my final decision. Maybe he has even a better suggestion. As long as it's not plated, like my wedges to rust, I'm still open for ideas.

Figured also out what to stamp on them to personalize. Don't want to use my initials, so I came up with a bid of a corny joke .... hehehe ...

haribo

Okay...what's the joke?

I have the brushed nickel finish and they look and feel great; ding pretty easy though - I recommend club covers.

Also, got the round head shape, similar to Mizuno MP and Callaway. I prefer it to my old Vokeys' shape for sure. As far as playability goes versus Vokeys, I guess the fact that I eventually opted to have the soles on my Vokeys reground to make them more playable for me (a 962 grind on the 52*/8*, a M-style grind on the 56*) should tell you my opinion of the stock Vokeys. Naturally, as all my preferences have been incorporated in my Scratch wedges, they are much more playable for me than the stock Vokeys.

Jeff

Dodge,

I was playing a J340 before I got the Maru in Oct. Since then I moved the Maru along and got another j340. That was the best decision I ever made was to go back. I just hit the J340 so much better.

I have a Fuji 652 coming this week. Right now I only have a YS-6 in it. If the Fuji doesn't work then I'm going to pull my CP02 from another Tourstage I have and put it in the J340.

DD , how many TourStage drivers do you own :?: :wink: :lol:

ps: thanks for the shaft . works great :!:

Glad you like it.

I'm down to 2 drivers: RX-1 Type315 and J340....

Note: my ho'ing days are nearing end. I'm just contemplating my 3-iron to 5-wood spot and maybe my putter. After this, I'm set....No changes for a very, very, very long time--for the sake of consistency.

Glad you like it.

Note: my ho'ing days are nearing end. I'm just contemplating my 3-iron to 5-wood spot and maybe my putter. After this, I'm set....No changes for a very, very, very long time--for the sake of consistency.

Yeah right... :P

Glad you like it.

Agree :P

Sorry to interrupt the threajack :lol:

I love my 3XB wedge, it wears quite similarly to my Cleveland 900 RTG which is great cause I love the worn sole and sweetspot. IMO whatever finish you go with you will love so just forget about all the great options and commit to one.

Tim

haribo

Okay...what's the joke?

It's not really a joke ... it's just corny. :wink:

It's kind of a reference to a movie but not really. Just borrowed the names/title. Remember the movie "Tango & Cash" with Sly Stallone and Kurt Russel?

Well, my 54* sand wedge will get stamped with TANGO because it's gonna make the ball dance. And the 58* lob wedge will say CASH. It comes in handy for all those money shots around the green.

I know it's corny but I like it. :oops:

haribo

haribo

Okay...what's the joke?

It's kind of a reference to a movie but not really. Just borrowed the names/title. Remember the movie "Tango & Cash" with Sly Stallone and Kurt Russel?

Well, my 54* sand wedge will get stamped with TANGO because it's gonna make the ball dance. And the 58* lob wedge will say CASH. It comes in handy for all those money shots around the green.

haribo

No need to be :oops: I think it is great , really innovative and not a single other person will have wedge's like that . So you know if one ever goes missing , it won't be hard to find . :!:

haribo

Okay...what's the joke?

haribo

No need to be :oops: I think it is great , really innovative and not a single other person will have wedge's like that . So you know if one ever goes missing , it won't be hard to find . :!:

dude I think that tops Dr. Chipinski!!!

oddly enough I have named my testicles Tango and Cash... just kidding... they are actually Thelma and Louise! 8O 8O

Glad you like it.

:lol: ...No, really!

Glad you like it.

:lol: ...No, really!

Are you sure now . When I take a look in your bag on lets say the 31st of this month ( if you are available ) I will then believe it :)

Have to agree . Now all this talk about the different finishes have got me re-thinking my finish :( Now I don't know what to get :(

It is driving me crazy trying to decide on the finish . The only good thing is I'll get to see them all before I make my final choice . :D