Gold's Modified Putters

akapur

So fellow TSGer's I made a decision a few months ago to have a Gold's putter done for me. When all was said and done I went with modifying an Epon Zen and a Hiro Matusmoto putters. With the help of Tario I settled on the Zen keeping its finish and milling as they were in great shape. We added weight to the Zen and gave it a Quadra Proto shaft and red Gold's grip. The weight was added to the back and bottom with Sasaya-san having the freedom to add weights as he saw to bring balance to the Zen. For the HIro we refinished it and added the PZ milling on the face. A UST FF shaft was added and blue Gold's grip. They both look great and feel fantastic. Great balance was achieved for both putters. I must admit the process and overall cost is defiantly worth it. Sasaya-san and Tario know what they are doing and will give you something special.

post-15908-0-91342300-1385847961.jpgpost-15908-0-60350000-1385847971.jpgpost-15908-0-29999000-1385847979.jpgpost-15908-0-39568800-1385847988.jpgpost-15908-0-56104400-1385848000.jpgpost-15908-0-71023900-1385848016.jpgpost-15908-0-92685600-1385848024.jpgpost-15908-0-29597800-1385848032.jpgpost-15908-0-63366800-1385848054.jpgpost-15908-0-57535900-1385848059.jpg

Two more Golds beauties! Congrats, Ash!

Very nice results.

Let us know how you find the zen after refurb as before.

I find mine is even better

Craig and Richard Thank you.

Funny enough Craig your trip to Gold's is what started me on my own Gold's journey.

The craftsmanship on those putters is absolutely spectacular. I will definitely be in the market for a gf putter soon. Congrats!

I can't even begin to imagine improving the feel on my Zen so I'm very jealous. Unfortunately the buttons just look so out of place to me. I'd love to see all the weighting flush fit and subtly noticeable.

nice :tsg_smiley_heart:

Chris you are correct the weights were to balance the sweetspot and increase the overall weight of the head.

They both feel great. Solid contact. The Quadra shaft is awesome. Great feedback and feels just right as far as balance goes. The hiro has a UST FF shaft which I use normally but the Quadra is a better feeling shaft and give better feedback. I believe the Quadra is worth the extra cost. Definitely worth going through the process. Gold's Factory work is just remarkable

That's Zen look awesome!!!

I pick up my first GF putter this morning at Mr.sasaya workshop and just having a long flight home so will put it on a course in a few days and then will post some pics of mine and the result here on the putter discussion forum later on. By sawing some of their process I'm sure that GF is definitely one of the best in the market.

Edited by tokidoki1986

Yeah, once you see Golds Factory in action it changes your perception.

Factory conjures up images of a large scale operation.

Everything is hands on, Golds garage is what I refer to it as.

Having said that, itngives them total control over the quality of the product, and I would hate to see it change.

In my opinion, there is nothing better.

Hope the putter goes well. Did you have a sticky on what other putters he was working on. Gives you ideas on what to do for your next project, or more likely projects.

Interesting, Ash, that you found that Quadra shaft even more responsive than the USTff. Is that specifically a shaft they make for putters, or one GF worked in for you?

Richard

It is a specific putter shaft. We went with it for the overall weight and i wanted a responsive shaft with good feedback. The UST FF has always been my go to shaft as it is very stable.

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/product_info.php?products_id=3531 This is the link on the TSG site about the shaft from Quadra.

Graig - too bad I didn't have enough time to see much of their process in GF garage and since I was picking up my putter not dropping off so didn't have a chance to discuss with Mr.Sasaya on my own putter but I've a chance to look at all the putter he has been working on and see how they tape and blast their polar dot putter he just uploaded on his FB. Actually I already have an ideas for my next GF putter(not only one but a few), and yes visiting GF garage giving me much more inspiration on what I could and would be done to my putter so I guess a few more GF won't be enough for me now haha

Akapur - I've been interesting on graphite putter shaft for a while but never have a go with it yet, is it make that much different between graphite and steel putter shaft?

Akapur - I've been interesting on graphite putter shaft for a while but never have a go with it yet, is it make that much different between graphite and steel putter shaft?

The difference is apparent to me. I feel the shaft is more responsive and gives good feedback. The steel putter shafts is what i have always used, but the Quadra shaft is something special. It is noticeably heavier shaft as well, so you have to be careful with overall SW of the putter. Edited by akapur

Ash I am happy it all turned out well. You are a pleasure to work with as always. It helps a lot when the customer is easy to work with on projects like these.

i am impressed with the HM putter ash. the zen for all the balance and work

is not my cup of tea. but whatever works for the owner is what is important.

still using my tricked on golds and am waiting for another one but recent

events have set me back. pretty sure i will have another one (blade style)

in my hands sometime next year.

c

Ash I am happy it all turned out well. You are a pleasure to work with as always. It helps a lot when the customer is easy to work with on projects like these.

T as you are well aware the customer has a vision when it comes to a project like this, but he needs direction and guidance. That is where you excel. I appreciate all the help you gave me in completing these two putters and fulfilling my vision. Edited by akapur