10.5 * 3 wood build. for those , heavy days..,

supo

My clubuilder is not just a builder ,he works for a small clubmaker here in tok.

they are not famous ,they will never get a level of decent interest amongst anyone out side asia. i wudnt have thought

but i assure you he makes really good interesting clubs, they certianly AINT on the cheap side. but his customers are pretty vast here in tokyo on a semi underground type of level .

now you all know what premium i place on my builders work . his work is faultless to a tee.

he loves his job, he worked on an enormous amount of clubs and has seen everythign there is

i pretty much wont use anyone esle, bec well when u see the work attention to minut detail and the specs he gives, theres no point.

so last night, i was talking to him at great length about building me a ryoma v-spec at about 43.5-44 inch with my brand new diamana KAILI 100 gram proto shaft ive been keeping for a "rainy day"

i just cant get what want to put this thing into.

so we were deliberating the ryoma build. turns out the problem is the balance point

( which is very differnt to the kick point........) is high to make the shaft play lighter and smoother than it actually is and with this shaft its impossible to get a swing weight over d1.

get this at 44 inch id have to make the ryoma head 215 grams, ( its 199 at mom) and the otal build weight wud be 350+ grams....................350!!!!!!

oh my gawwwwwwwwwwd!

a normal 3 wood is mid 330s!

we were thinking about it but it was just too much of a risk to cut this and have it fail miserably

so he knows im heading home in a week or so, he says..

ok check this ....

he bring out his own prototype "normal" 3 wood head tungsten base 10.5* 3 wood.

do u wanna try it ??

i know this will be incredible for you at home. bec the kasco can get caught up in the breeze and balloon a bit in the wind. which he klnows...., i ahve trouble wit hthe diamanaB shaft in it

he unwraps it say here try it , bring me that bimatrix steel tip blue shaft in yr callway ERC.

THAT will be quite a good match for what u want. NO movement laterally. point shoot low and run.

we considerd all manner of FW shafts , the diamana B .. the ahina(next choice) the FEX, diamana X (too low too hard).. so the bimatrix he thinks wil give bit of height with frozen rope like performance.

it will be built by the weekend so i cantest it prior to taking it home,.

veyr very excited by the potential of this

very excited..,

Edited by supo67

Please, pretty please with a cherry on top, can I get a prototype too? That sounds like a dream, club. 3 wd size driver loft… TRPX X line X flex just waiting to go into it...

ill get it friday night give it a run on saturday and report. anmd take some snaps.

funny thing, i straight away thought that both u and jason wud LOVE this hting .

its a good looking head .absolutely no nonsense nothing on it. totally nondescript head.

I wait also with keen interest on its unveiling :tsg_smiley_driver:

Really interested to hear how this goes for you Stu. I've just had a Kamui Works Ray 10* built to 43" with a Whiteboard 73 'x' 3wood shaft. Can't wait to find out how it plays.

Stu,

Very interesting, as I was at my club builders yesterday and we were discussing a similar thing.

He put a Nunchuck shaft into his R9, but had it around 43" (?). He played 2 rounds over last weekend, and only missed one or two fairways!!!

I was there to get my TRC D/S 11.5* shafted. We were discussing what to put in it and the Chuck was an option. We went with the Myasaki that was in my other 3 wood.

Good luck with yours.

the chuck....... is another one id def consider.

thats a hell of a shaft i think its not everyone cuppa tee. but the one i had did perfectly well for wha twianted it to..in a driving wood, 3 thing like this ithink it wud be close to perfect.

The "NUNCHUK" is a awesome shaft! A few weeks ago I purchased this RomaRo U18* UT from a fellow TSG member. ( Thanks again Dave) I was not so sure of the feel at first but the results and performance helped to sway those feelings to positive. One can load and attack with no fear as to where or how the ball flies - straight, long and powerful. A very smooth, stable shaft with excellent feedback. A shaft that I believe any swing speed can handle.

i was told the highest lofted on u can get. on a driver i amdea nike 10.5 somehtingor other on it, which idespise with all my heart, but i have to admit it as a bloody good driver. was really accurate. not overly long prob bec it was so heavy.

but boy it hit fairways like a 7 iron.

we went a differnt shaft tack at lunch time today i had a diamana B 70x sapre , and he said that was the bst shaft to use higher launch with lower loft. the bimatrix might be too low, not enough carry

plus its so damn perfect i nthe callaway ERC .

i gave him 5 shafts to chose form he didnt blink an eye at the selection of the B.

gotta trust the master.

Gamed today

Piccy s up tom.

Very very promissing

Long lowish but able to hit off the ground no probs

Did exactly what i wanted from it

Low,tee,height mid low,flight with the diamana b

Feel was nice

Shape was good

Its a good head shaft combo , it seems ok. surprisingly not too hard to hit from the fairway

a very good result and distance is very strong and low its very confidenceinspiring for tight long par 5s in to the greens.

yea it booked a spot to sydney on friday.

Edited by supo67

Good to hear!!....heavy shafts seem to be the new trend .....Tiger Woods has installed a new heavier shaft in his driver for more control, accuracy and predictability - results thus far this week are "more fairways hit".

compleltey differnt in every way

smaller, comapct, slimmer, higher COG.

feel is MUCH more dense and heavy feel.

it is a good foil for it, u cud easily bag both of them for totally differnt shots on the same day

distance idthink the kasco might have the edge. and its MUCH easier to to hit

but thtas kasco u cud never hit into the wind with this hting u def can

compleltey differnt in every way

smaller, comapct, slimmer, higher COG.

feel is MUCH more dense and heavy feel.

it is a good foil for it, u cud easily bag both of them for totally differnt shots on the same day

distance idthink the kasco might have the edge. and its MUCH easier to to hit

but thtas kasco u cud never hit into the wind with this hting u def can

so do you bag a driver with this thing or does this completely replace it?

u cud use it if u like, id never do that tho the driver is stil the big dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwg.

but i cud........ bag both of these for pete dye short monstrosities ,. no probs at all.

not sure yet , might be. depending on fam stuff

If you do, would be nice to catch up with you. We can arrange a game somewhere if you have time.