Epon I-33 : Why did I wait so long?

wmclarenf1

EMS just delivered the second gen I-33 today. Putted 15 balls on the mat... Very nice solid feel but at 365(?) grams head weight, it's the heaviest head I have and it feels that way. The stock shimada 120 stepless shaft gives good enough feedback so I don't think I'll put in the spare ns pro XXIP-A2 shaft I had on standby but I will need to put on the Iomic Absolute X grip and add some counterbalance. Haven't checked the specs yet as well but although so late to this party, am glad I finally got it.

post-2841-0-40475200-1386142355.jpg

post-2841-0-41693300-1386142384.jpg

I think 365 g head is the perfect weight for me at 34". I have set my David Whitlam and Odyssey 2 Ball blade all at 365g head weight.

I prefer the gen 2 over the first one for stamping reasons, The i-33 is pure and soft, I'm glad it doesn't have deep milling.

For me 365g gives me fits on my usual fast greens.

340-345g with a nearly flat face is what works. 365 is for average to slow imo.

Any of you guys do better with heavier putters on slower greens?

I actually think heavier head or putter is good for fast green (at least for me). My hand/arms tend to be less jerky and a smoother stroke. I find a steadier stroke with a heavy putter gives better control on slick green.