My First Gold's Putter Review and some pics from Gold's Workshop

tokidoki1986

First of all i've promise Tario i'll post a review on this putter and also some pics of my Gold's Factory Visit but since i came back to my country i've been busy from both business and political situation in Thailand until now, so sorry for the delay T.

I'll start out with a brief review of my putter and also some pics of it.

I'm not a good writer so i will make it quick here. My first impression of the First GF putter i owned well the finishing, the pattern and inserts are keen and superb. Now let's talk about the performance, i've got to admitted that when i first play a round with it i think that the next gen PZ milling is way to soft for me and it quite hard for me since i barely feel any contact between the putter and the ball which make me automatic hit harder on the stroke and that make the ball go faster and further than i wanted it to be. Somehow after i play a few round with it i began to get used to it and i found out that unlike other putter the ball didn't jump off the putter suddenly at the contact but it seem to get absorb and stuck to the face while contact the putter and start rolling out forward after a follow through. What surprising me the most about this putter is now that i begin to get used to the way too soft feeling of my putter, it's still not my favorite kind of feeling at all but even that it's not my preferred putter feeling it's already given me the best putting round of my life a 24 putts for 18 holes and that happened only at the 3rd round i play with this putter which make me done nothing but to order my 2nd Gold's putter with a different type of milling to see how's it will fit me.

Here is my 1st Gold's Putter, sorry for the quality of the pictures it has been taken from my mobile during my first round with it.

post-16205-0-92210800-1389292776.jpg

post-16205-0-01712000-1389292799.jpg

post-16205-0-90800500-1389292833.jpg

post-16205-0-46235600-1389292874.jpg

Now there're some pictures that i shot from Gold's workshop and i assume that some of you might want to see them. But since i'm going to their factory for pick up not drop off like Craig and due to a very limited of time so i didn't have a chance to see much of their working process. But at least i still got a chance to see how they process the blast pattern on their putter and here are some pics of the process.

post-16205-0-63840700-1389289799.jpg

post-16205-0-70274200-1389289857.jpg

post-16205-0-06821300-1389289884.jpg

post-16205-0-81176500-1389289929.jpg

post-16205-0-47761400-1389289958.jpg

I was wondering how they create those pattern on our putter until that day, as you can see from the above pictures that they were cut and hand taped the putter very nicety to create the pattern they want and after they complete and re-check every square inch carefully they start sand blast the putter, see pictures below.

post-16205-0-33525200-1389290355.jpg

post-16205-0-83347100-1389290468.jpg

This process take about 20 minutes. And after they tear all the taped out then we'll get a nice pattern putter like this on below.

post-16205-0-15693300-1389290616.jpg

post-16205-0-86399600-1389290653.jpg

post-16205-0-45095600-1389290701.jpg

post-16205-0-49657400-1389290731.jpg

Too bad Master Sasaya did not satisfy with the outcome and he's not happy with this putter, but for me i thought that Pokar Dot is quite a nice putter and look gorgeous enough in my eyes how do you guys think about it?

Edited by tokidoki1986

I forgot to edited the size of the pictures hopefully it's ok for you guys.

By the way i might have been unintentionally created the forum twice, so could anybody delete the forum below for me please.

Edited by tokidoki1986

Great pics. Love the pattern on the sole of both putters.

Great pics. Love the pattern on the sole of both putters.

Thank you, I think Sand Blast is a nice way to add design to a putter instead of graving it especially when it done by G.

Very nice! Thanks for posting the pictures. I love to see the GF studio in process. Good luck with the putters! The PZ milling immediately took a couple strokes off my card as well when I got it. <g>

Very nice, Congratulations

Is the second Putter going to have a PZ milling insert? Horizontal lines?

If so it is a much more firm feel. Should be just what you're looking for.

idrive - unfortunately the polar dot is not my putter, but my next putter will be a Seven Limited head with Horizontal milling.

T, actually i was gonna ask about this question for long time but i kinda forgot about it until now.

Of course we all see a slight different in shape and look between M.A.C, Anser no.2, and GF00A but do they give any different in feeling and performance or are there any specific purpose on those specific different in designed?

So far this putter has been erased stroke out of my score card.

I just finish another 18 holes about 15 mins ago and got a round of 24 putts which it should have been 23 putts, just miss a 3 fts putt on the last hole otherwise I'm gonna break my best record that I've just set up with this putter 3 weeks ago.

So far this putter has been erased stroke out of my score card.

I just finish another 18 holes about 15 mins ago and got a round of 24 putts which it should have been 23 putts, just miss a 3 fts putt on the last hole otherwise I'm gonna break my best record that I've just set up with this putter 3 weeks ago.

25 putts! Congrats! Under par for the round?

F1 - I'm not quite good enough to score an underpar 555, my score is 80. I've been having a problem with my driver recently which cost me a lot of stroke good lucky that GF putter help me save many strokes on the green otherwise it would be a bad round for me, hopefully my new shepherd driver that I just ordered from T will help me solve my problem.

T, actually i was gonna ask about this question for long time but i kinda forgot about it until now.

Of course we all see a slight different in shape and look between M.A.C, Anser no.2, and GF00A but do they give any different in feeling and performance or are there any specific purpose on those specific different in designed?

Shape is a personal thing but different shapes will balance differently and benefit different strokes. ie the Anser is better for an arching putter stroke while the center shaft you have is better for back and forth (plus its very easy to use which is probably why your putting is getting better).

Agree with you Tario, center shaft is easiest putter to use but most people prefer prefer plumber neck. As for myself I prefer center shaft and while i like the blade putter I don't really think center shaft look match in blade style putter.

• 3 weeks later...

Love the custom c/s putter, it is a beauty !!!!

Very nice. I may very well get a center shaft next time. I went simple on my Golds order since it was something different. Maybe on the next one ill personalize it more.