Shinagawa Irons Info

Kamen

Hi everyone, I have a chance to purchase a set of Shinagawa irons at a great price however I do not know much about them or have heard anything. I tried doing some searches but pretty much nothing comes up.

I have tried hitting them before and they feel soft and very nice. I also inspected the heads as closely as I can and they appear to be very high quality forgings as well.

Currently gaming Miura irons and they feel like a good second set for me.

Anyone have any experience with Shinagawa or any more information? Good buy or small niche brand?

Thanks!

Shinagawa is a small grind house in Himeji Japan. He's an older gent, I've met him a couple of times at the golf show most recently in 2013 and I've also heard he is one of Miura's teachers. That said his product is custom grind open model.

I would say it depends on how much your spending. If your anywhere near the cost of a set of more modern blades say something produced by Endo it may be a wise choice to go that route.

It's a demo set 4-PW and I can get them shafted and gripped for $1000 so I believe it's not expensive at all, considering I paid much more for my Miura. This would be a second set for me so wouldn't necessarily need to go all out.

If the quality is there I wouldn't mind owning a set of irons that would be considered less known/rare. Was just curious how there doesn't seem like much info on them at all.

Has there been a positive reception to his product? Who does the forging?

Thanks!

Forged in Himeji S25C, but look at that link, those are all open model designs. That 209J is the same blank Geotech offers.

If your budget is 1k I suggest looking at the JDM Srixon Limited 925's I have in the BST for half that then get them shafted. They are Endo forged, sold out everywhere and will hold resale better.

Very soft and a good handful of JPGA pros bag them.

I live his older stuff. Have not tried his offerings as of late but the circa 2007

Handground raw black oxide irons with the chanel grind were on of the most

Satisfying irons i have hit! Which i still had them

Forged in Himeji S25C, but look at that link, those are all open model designs. That 209J is the same blank Geotech offers.

If your budget is 1k I suggest looking at the JDM Srixon Limited 925's I have in the BST for half that then get them shafted. They are Endo forged, sold out everywhere and will hold resale better.

Very soft and a good handful of JPGA pros bag them.

Thanks for the info this helps a lot!

Also I appreciate the offer for the Srixon's but since this is a second set for me I would like to get some kind of CB this time around.

Edited by Kamen

Those look nice, and it's a quality forging. But it's also the same blanks Geotech uses, so unless you get a custom grind that is specifically made for you I'd never pay 1000 dollars for those sticks.

Good to know thanks everyone for the help. I had no idea they were blanks with a grind and some stamping. Guess I won't be buying these lol...

They go for $200+ per iron head here in Canada...lumped close to Miura pricing but I guess they don't command that.

Mr. Shinagawa is well known in the Himeji area for his work in the golf industry, but he's more well known for doing customization work than his line up of clubs. He's very much respected by people

I know a bunch of pros and aspiring pros in Japan and alot of them have heard of him, for the custom grind work he's done.

Nice looking iron, first look I thought it's look too much like Miura but Chris reply had given the answer to that.

This is what a Shinagawa should look like..... RAW!!!!

These are the best feeling irons I've ever hit. Probably the most playable as well

I believe fatman put his set in the bag and has been playing them for years. Hopefully

he'll chime in.

post-9287-0-11367200-1390629464.jpg

post-9287-0-33683100-1390629509.jpg

post-9287-0-77356200-1390629493.jpg

Yup!!! This is his masterpiece.

What a beautiful irons!!

That raw set look awesome!!!

• 1 year later...

Reviving a really old thread. I never got a set of Shinagawas but now I am looking at picking up some new wedges and came across the pure copper wedges.

http://www.spolandgolf.com/CopperWedge.php

Has anyone hit these before? I held a couple heads in my hand and they look very pretty but not sure how being solid copper would be. Pricey at around $300 each locally.

Reviving a really old thread. I never got a set of Shinagawas but now I am looking at picking up some new wedges and came across the pure copper wedges.

http://www.spolandgolf.com/CopperWedge.php

Has anyone hit these before? I held a couple heads in my hand and they look very pretty but not sure how being solid copper would be. Pricey at around $300 each locally.

I have these wedges, they are not made of solid copper but a copper finish. It's actually same as our smoked copper but they start with more grain and remove much of the dark finish with a brushing wheel.

Shinagawa just did the grind work on a set of limited blades for SEVEN we have coming up.

Do you know what they are made of? Raw carbon steel? Good to know they told me it was solid copper!

Should be S20/S25C.

• 3 months later...

@TourSpecGolfer, I got my hands on this 14k rose gold plated Shinagawa wedge from the Shinawaga rep. But i couldn't find any info online about the rose gold finish. I was told these are very rare and people use them for gifting in Asia. I was wondering if you had any other info on this guy.

post-3896-0-39423000-1461222226.jpg

Edited by Gordilocks

@TourSpecGolfer, I got my hands on this 14k rose gold plated Shinagawa wedge from the Shinawaga rep. But i couldn't find any info online about the rose gold finish. I was told these are very rare and people use them for gifting in Asia. I was wondering if you had any other info on this guy.

post-3896-0-39423000-1461222226.jpg

This is copper mirror looks to me. not rare at all.

send any wedge you want to us and I can have this done to it.